[WIP] Suit up:extra kerbal equipment

ahappydude

Here is a small prject that i with the latest kas started working on again =) They uses life support mod, , and will protecte against dangers later on.'^^ When the oxygen in the helmet and tank runs out you have to hurry to your pod, or to earth ;

tiIX98Z.png

Hm .. By making a "sharp" collider in the helmet keeps the helmet closer the kerbal. Also i think the kerbal prefeab have their own colliders so we cannot put on clothes like clothes, or perhaps.. hmmm... Does the cloth collider from unity do anything in ksp?

If kospy or someone else can shed more light on this we can make a variaton of suits to, ex astronauts design differs from swedens programe to russia and so on. Adding heatprotective system would be possible to and make a more heavy but able to enter earth like Felix did^^

cheers

Edited by ahappydude

Having a coold brewski and going to watch the new dr who episode ;) I would so marry the girl who plays clar haha

Thanks for the response ^^

Skeligan, well that depends, right now it uses kas to attach and it doesnt move with the kerbal so i have to make the helmet really tight. Kerbal model related stuff are locked files. But hopefully it get more mod support :) Im certain the community would bring amazing things in . We cant remove a thing like the kerbals helmet, or his clothes etc. For now... ;)

If we could find out what shader the helmet uses we could make it invisible and then having different helmet as parts, but that would just be visual. The helmet would still be there.

Those helmets are overriding the deafult helmet mesh wise. With other words, im attaching the helmet part to the kerbal and position it over his helmet.

I know vanguard did some nifty things with his eva parachutes, maybe that would be a better way to go then using kas hm. ( Dont get me wrong, Kas gives the game more depth and you can bring new things live trough it so cheers kas team )

But when i or someone else find a way around this then yes we can add new spacesuits with ways of protecting the kerbals =)

I just started working on it so rls is far away i think, or i clean them up and add them as they are and doing some reasearch about plugins. As for now they have visirs that goes up , down and oxygen . I will look into vanguards soruce tomorrow and hopefully learn a thing or two

Cheers

Edited by ahappydude

• 4 weeks later...

Yupp =) But i dont think you and others think this is more then is, as i wrote it uses kas and that attaches to kerbals surfaces not center but i maybe found an solution using an skeleton rig so yeah eventually it will be released =) cheers

Also i think the kerbal prefeab have their own colliders so we cannot put on clothes like clothes, or perhaps.. hmmm... Does the cloth collider from unity do anything in ksp?

There is this: http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/ScriptReference/SkinnedCloth.html

It'd definitely require a new plugin. I don't have the time available to me to actually work on this plus all my other plugin stuff, but I'm willing to help anyone who wants to do this. :)

Everything looks good so far!

I hope you release soon, I'm really hyped for this, even tho it's only asthetics and simple stuff, it seems like good stuff!

Hehe, for now its pretty simple but i just saw someone rlsed an eva oxygen plugin so im going to ask the author if i could use this with the helmet and clothes, i also did some tests with the brokenparts system. I wanted to when impact the helmets can be broken and wooz the oxygen will rush out haha. Anyways thanks for the replies! Sometimes when you mod your not sure people will like it, this started as an experiment beacuse i wanted different helmets to choose ;)

There is also ways of storing those at your spacestations, there is an great wip mod that called kaspar that would fit great or i could make an really basic space kerbal closet haha

"There is this: http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentatio...nnedCloth.html

It'd definitely require a new plugin. I don't have the time available to me to actually work on this plus all my other plugin stuff, but I'm willing to help anyone who wants to do this.

Everything looks good so far! "

Yes i was looking at that in unity and tried to give it some life but no luck so far. Im wondering if the new planting flag is using that skinned clothe hmm.

Would be great to make this a possiblity! Cheers for your response! :)

Just an update, due to finacial problems my broadband got shut down i been without internet for two weeks now. It sucks beacuse i need the internet to find jobs, to get paid, to live and continue my school.. Anyway, i brought my seats back in the meanwhile and updated these helmets and some other things to the new version of ksp and kas, and yes its glorious :) Im sorry i cant show screens but they will come when i have my internet back. Cheers

Thanks for the support :) Im done porting the old ones , here is some rather boring pictures haha

vhqGQZM.png

I need to figure out how to make an controller for the engine so i can thrust during eva hmm... Is there an module engine avaiable that can do that?

2aEof62.png

GSgmtKT.png

Iv redesigned the first yellow one but it need more work cheers

pEiXyZn.jpg

Storage for the suits and a backpack tht have a parachute stowed

Edited by ahappydude

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.