KSP TV Streams

blspblackdeath

Hello devs and community managers,

about 5 times I sat for about a hour or two in the twitch chat waiting for a stream to happen.

Just to become a "sorry not today" massage. :-(

You know I love your streams but I can do much better than waiting for 1-2 hour on friday and monday for a stream not happening.

So I have two small requests for you:

1st: Could you please tell us in the forums if a stream happens or not. That would save your fans very much time.

2nd: If there are no more streams anymore please tell us. Because after 5 times in a row I just get this felling that something is not right.

With best regards,

BD

I really wonder what is going on myself.. I recall at least one of the community managers being active streaming also on their own channel like capt_skunky but lately there has been no sign of any of the community managers on twitch.

People like damion and skunky also often could pop up in other streams but that also seemed to stop when they stopped streaming.

I really hope this is not a side effect from KSP now being on steam. That squad take part of community is one of the things I love about this company and it would be really sad if that were to end.

I hope they at least give us some information on what is going on.

Maybe. But somehow i don't believe people in any firm would sit idly twiddling their thumbs when their server is going bonkers *shrugs* But what do i know about inner workings of game development team... Anyways, i'd like to think guys are elbows deep inside 0.20 update nearing completion, and they simply don't have time for trivialities. :D Let's wait a bit more before letting the anxiety run unchecked.

LOL. Ninja'ed by Skunky :sticktongue:

Edited by Scotius
Coincidence

I hope to have some news next week. Right now' date=' there's just nothing to report.

Cheers!

[b']Capt'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

THanks for the update Capt'n. Would love ot see that knowledge base and reseource stuff in action :)

I hope to have some news next week. Right now' date=' there's just nothing to report.

Cheers!

[b']Capt'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

Thanks for the reply.. But what about your own streams?? You used to stream nearly weekly on your own channel which was not about showing off new features. It was just you playing the game while interacting with the viewers.

It has now been months since the last stream.

I can understand that the community managers might be busy with forums and other parts of community but I just wish there was some information as to why and if there will ever be streams besides showing off new features.

Hello,

Usually from what I understand there are what is called Monday Afternoon Streams...Just hang out Monday afternoons (EST time I guess) and hope for the best...I watch streams as much as I do my own - I am on almost every night...so far I have advanced to settling down on:

1) A Rescue Plane

2) A few payload lifter rockets; one for fuel only

3) Learning stage development, proper sequencing both manual and auto...

4) Trying to get Kerbals to safety in an event of disaster

I still have more work to do on my lifter rockets, and am progressing; I stream my work just about every night, and learn new things all the time; like for one how to scroll the lengthy staging icons when they dissappear off the screen; it took weeks to finally get this figured out.

There were things about plane building that came up; took me hours to figure things out but I streamed it all and now (LOL pun intended here...>>), my work is becoming more stream-lined !

I also watch other peoples' streams to get ideas on how I would do things; or not. I am quite far behind on the advancement areas and take things slowly, and have a serious side of the game, which I am reluctant to get into, but it will happen soon.

I am also working on a mission control system for the live streams and hope it works out; all for my 'real Kerbin Mission' !

Just check out other streams - they are out there ! And dont forget me !

I know I am perty boring for now but I hope to get into building my space and refueling stations, Mun bases and Kerbin bases; it's all there just waitin !

Cdr Zeta

I too would assume it has something to do with the DLC kerfuffle.

Personally, I had absolutely no issue with what was said, but it did make me think that Squad was going to have to re-think their live-stream strategy. With KSP now getting tons of new players from Steam, the devs do need to start treating it more like a product and less of a community project. If I were to wager a guess, I'd say the livestreams will reflect that when they come back.

As I said, though, those are just my own impressions and assumptions.

Having nothing to report never stopped you from doing KSPTV streams. What changed? Also, it's hard to believe that after 3 weeks of development there's nothing new to at least talk about.

There are new stuff to talk about, just look at the dev blogs.

Cheers!

[b']Capt'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

I feel a little let down by the community managers.

1) The Streams per se didn't start the DLC affairs.

2) There are 3, I repeat, 3 new dev blogs

3) The stram doesn't need to be 2 hours long. A 10 minute Stream would be fine. just the community feels listend to.

4) If the community managers are too busy, maybe squad should get a 3rd community manager, just for the streams + video promotion?

Resume: Don't look back in anger ;)

START OVER

EDIT:

Stuff to talk about:

- New game database (what changed, why the overhaul,..)

- flag planting (talk about what Harv wrote in his blog, + show some live stuff)

- get clara in stream (to welcome her, ask her how she likes do be dev, what she is doing, + telling her that er IVA's look great)

- wheels ( show the pics, tell us more,...)

- answer some questions (what is possibly going to be in 0.20, how much of mining is still comming,...)

- there is SO MUCH STUFF to show

EDIT II:

..the devs do need to start treating it more like a product and less of a community project.

I DISAGREE. KSP started as a community. It grew with the community. It should stay with the community. Plus: New players from steam are joining the community -> forum servers get high loads

Edited by maui

I DISAGREE. KSP started as a community. It grew with the community. It should stay with the community. Plus: New players from steam are joining the community -> forum servers get high loads

And it still is with the community. The core (well, older) player base were not the ones up in arms about the DLC crud. The problem started, I feel, when the devs and community managers misjudged their new demographics. I don't think an honest, unfiltered conversation about the future of KSP is really a good idea any more. Any statements coming from Squad need to be thought out more because the reactions from the new player base are going to be different. Because of that, the live streams probably should be treated a little bit more like a press release and less like a chat with the folks from the forums.

KSP is growing, and fast. I love the personal interactions the community has with the team, but if the folks at Squad don't start paying more attention to the business side of things, they might risk their chances of actually bringing a finished product to market.

I'm not claiming to be some business wiz. I just think Squad need to make sure their live streams represent their company and their product.

Squad did not create an official sticky thread with KSPTV schedule/announcements when they just started with it, even tho we asked about it. Okay. We knew the schedule anyways and kept on coming every Monday and Friday. Okay. Now they internally forbid doing KSPTV streams until further notice, and again, didn't tell us anything about it, covering behind "nothing to report". And yet, we keep on coming every Monday and Friday. We, as a community, showed you our commitment, and you can't even come up with an official statement. This is sad.

Squad did not create an official sticky thread with KSPTV schedule/announcements when they just started with it, even tho we asked about it. Okay. We knew the schedule anyways and kept on coming every Monday and Friday. Okay. Now they internally forbid doing KSPTV streams until further notice, and again, didn't tell us anything about it, covering behind "nothing to report". And yet, we keep on coming every Monday and Friday. We, as a community, showed you our commitment, and you can't even come up with an official statement. This is sad.

Untrue. Damion has explicitly stated that Devstreams are on mondays, and community streams are on fridays, generally at 2pm EST. I agree with you last statement, though. They have set a precedent for themselves, and simply saying that there is nothing to report or not reporting anything at all is quite inflammatory...

Damion has explicitly stated that Devstreams are on mondays, and community streams are on fridays, generally at 2pm EST.

Yeah, he stated that live on stream, which was announced beforehand by a usual one-time thread. There was no official sticky thread tho, and the ones that told us "We'll be doing KSPTV today" are (were) buried under the tons of other threads. I wanted to point out how it appears they treat the whole KSPTV thing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.