KSP TV Streams

blspblackdeath

I'm not too concerned for a couple of reasons.

1. There is usually a drop off in communications as they approach a release. it seems to happen every time.

I'm crossing my fingers that it is indeed a continuation of the pattern...

Although I also wonder about the possibility that they've hit a wall on the implementation of something and are having to change directions and start over on one of the major planned features. (In which case, showing off features that are doomed for the cutting room floor won't assuage aftermath of the DLC debacle any)

As always...patience.

L0ckAndL0adMace 6 hours ago

What's with all "last flight", "I go" and "See you around" thing? Did you quit your job at Squad?

Reply ·

navyrayne 5 hours ago

Let's just say, it's time for new things. -DR

If DR is quitting squad then maybe that is why their is no stream lately? im guessing of course, maybe Cap'n Skunky will take over the streams? Kinda hoping they don't just stop them.

Although I also wonder about the possibility that they've hit a wall on the implementation of something and are having to change directions and start over on one of the major planned features. (In which case, showing off features that are doomed for the cutting room floor won't assuage aftermath of the DLC debacle any)

Been thinking the same thing. It's possible that resources haven't worked out the way they wanted, won't be released for .20 and any reporting on that kind of bad news is likely to cause a major panic. So, silence.

Even if there are/have been/will be resource shakeups, as happens with any project, it in no way spells doom for the project.

Edited by Guest

Even if there are/have been/will be resource shakeups, as happens with any project, it in no way spells doom for the project.

Probably not but if resources are delayed my game will be remain on the shelf that its been on for the last few weeks. That's really the only long term gameplay feature that I have any interest in.

Personally, I'm too busy blowing up Kerbals space craft to give an arse about a video stream. YouTube is FULL of KSP videos of people teaching you how to use it, demonstrations of what to do and what not to do, hilarious "OOPS" videos, and "This is what I did" demo. I'd much rather Squad spends their time just working on the code, and get us to version 1.0 sooner than later. Dev updates are good enough to show that something is being done, even if some of it isn't understood by the entire community.

Personally, I'm too busy blowing up Kerbals space craft to give an arse about a video stream. YouTube is FULL of KSP videos of people teaching you how to use it, demonstrations of what to do and what not to do, hilarious "OOPS" videos, and "This is what I did" demo. I'd much rather Squad spends their time just working on the code, and get us to version 1.0 sooner than later. Dev updates are good enough to show that something is being done, even if some of it isn't understood by the entire community.

I can understand your view.

But for me as a KSP-Veteran those Youtube KSP Videos mostly look all the same so that the monday dev-stream provide us with new things.

We get new information and so we can prepare our Space Programs for the things to come. For example prepare Satelites for the resource-scans etc.

Btw. Damion is a great CM. I was just worried why there were no informations.

Hello,

I still have more work to do on my lifter rockets, and am progressing; I stream my work just about every night, and learn new things all the time; like for one how to scroll the lengthy staging icons when they dissappear off the screen; it took weeks to finally get this figured out.

Cdr Zeta

I've run into this problem with the staging running off the top of my screen in the VAB. Can you explain how to work around that (scroll, it sounds like)?

You seem to forget that community managers are not developers. And some of us actually found out about KSP from watching such streams.

You wont have a new version faster just because the community managers stopped streaming.

One thing that made squad so different from most other companies was how they communicated with the community. Not only did they stream, but they also watched other peoples streams and even joined in on random streams through skype chat.

They even recently talked about maybe expanding by making a twitch tv KSP channel in cooperation with other streamers, so that we had a stream that was pretty much airing every day of the week.

Then suddenly just a couple of weeks later they stop streaming all together with no explanation whatsoever and never shows up anymore in other streams either.

And this was never about updates.. Most of the streams they hosted had absolutely nothing to do with future versions and was instead just them hanging out interacting with community while playing the game.

I have even seen bugs being discovered and fixed from squad watching or hosting streams, so if there is an effect from this then it is opposite of what you think.

And youtube videos can never ever be compared to streams, since they are nearly always very edited. I have gotten new ideas and inspiration just from watching people build stuff in a different way.

Edited by boxman

Its official, Damion is gone. I wonder whats happening with his normal chores... such as the streams.

Do you have a source for this information?

EDIT: Just read it...sad.

Edited by SkyHook

I'm crossing my fingers that it is indeed a continuation of the pattern...

As always...patience.

Well HArvester did mention that they were changing the game resources system to be more of a database (not referring to material/resources, but game resources such as sounds, models, parts, etc) and well that is a pretty big change.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.