Go for liftoff!

KerbActual

Hey KSP community. I've got to say, I'm very intrigued by this cool game. It's hard, but rewarding all the same. Before KSP, I messed around on Orbiter for a little while, but never could seem to figure things out besides getting into LEO.

The KSP devs have really helped with the UI on this one, on my first day I've:

1) Put a probe in a polar orbit.

2) Put a probe in a horizontal orbit.

3) Shot a probe off into deep space ( I missed the Mun, and then missed Minus, so now it's renamed the deepspace1!)

4) Put a probe into orbit around the Mun.

Right now, I'm working on landing an automated rover on the moon.( I can't seem to get into orbit with enough fuel for a moonshot with all that extra rover-weight) After that, I figure I'll move on to get some Kerbalnauts up there.

Anyways, I'll be around, mostly to ask for help here or there, and perhaps ogle at people's rocket designs.

Also, does this game come with joystick support? I'm half-tempted to build some aircraft and try 'em out with a joystick.

Hey KSP community. I've got to say, I'm very intrigued by this cool game. It's hard, but rewarding all the same. Before KSP, I messed around on Orbiter for a little while, but never could seem to figure things out besides getting into LEO.

The KSP devs have really helped with the UI on this one, on my first day I've:

1) Put a probe in a polar orbit.

2) Put a probe in a horizontal orbit.

3) Shot a probe off into deep space ( I missed the Mun, and then missed Minus, so now it's renamed the deepspace1!)

4) Put a probe into orbit around the Mun.

Right now, I'm working on landing an automated rover on the moon.( I can't seem to get into orbit with enough fuel for a moonshot with all that extra rover-weight) After that, I figure I'll move on to get some Kerbalnauts up there.

Anyways, I'll be around, mostly to ask for help here or there, and perhaps ogle at people's rocket designs.

Also, does this game come with joystick support? I'm half-tempted to build some aircraft and try 'em out with a joystick.

Definitely with you on the hard but rewarding part. It makes those successful flights all the sweeter though! Congrats on the successful probe launches, especially the one around the Mun! That's good going for day 1. Not sure about joystick support - I think the answer is yes but I don't have a stick myself so I havn't tried it out.

Not going to spoiler this thread but I have a design for a very compact (unmanned) Mun lander if you want to try it. It doesn't do much when you get there but it flies very well and makes a nice practice lander. Also it's very light - if you can get a probe into orbit around the Mun you can definitely get this to the Mun too.

That's pretty awesome. I'm happy for your success!

However, half the fun in this game is being able to figure things out for yourself. I figure that I'll scrap the skycrane design and just stick the rover on the front and have it land itself.

Still, failure is oftentimes more hilarious than success. I don't mind scrapping prototypes as long as their failures amuse me. if I get stuck or for some reason frustrated, I'll take a look.