[0.16] KW Rocketry v0.5

Winston

-Just posting to thank you for this mod!

KW rocketry pack is by far my favorite add-on. Without it, I wouldn't be able to play KSP.

Your multi-piece equivalent parts and medium/heavy constraints allow my CPU bottle-necked PC to run the game!

Edited by iplop
Typo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I'm new to KSP, about a week, and just found this mod. Great work. I think I can help you make the files smaller. I saw that kickasslyle made low rez copies. One of the reasons your files are so big is that the textures are saved in 16-bit mode. If they are saved in 8-bit mode they would be about 1\4 the size without having to do low rez. I redid the textures in 8-bit for Ceres. In 16-bit the zip was 28,996 kb and for 8-bit it went down to 8,451 kb. The lowrez 16-bit runs 10,093 kb. I've done a great many skins for an online sailing game I play and this came up on a new boat make for that game. You can't really see much difference, only very close-up. Then only if you have the 16-bit and 8-bit textures side by side and have a good eye.

Hi there, I'm new to KSP, about a week, and just found this mod. Great work. I think I can help you make the files smaller. I saw that kickasslyle made low rez copies. One of the reasons your files are so big is that the textures are saved in 16-bit mode. If they are saved in 8-bit mode they would be about 1\4 the size without having to do low rez. I redid the textures in 8-bit for Ceres. In 16-bit the zip was 28,996 kb and for 8-bit it went down to 8,451 kb. The lowrez 16-bit runs 10,093 kb. I've done a great many skins for an online sailing game I play and this came up on a new boat make for that game. You can't really see much difference, only very close-up. Then only if you have the 16-bit and 8-bit textures side by side and have a good eye.

Heh. What you say reminds me of why I'll never buy a BlueRay player as long as good ol' DVDs are made.... they both do a job, one looks prettier but is stupidly more expensive than the other.

So, what new and wacky (explosive!) stuff do you have planned for .17?

Hello! First of all, I really like this mod! I love the look of the engines and the payload fairings. However, I'm having some problems with the interstage decouplers. How do you get them to fit your rocket properly? No matter what I try I get wobble and struts are impossible to use, because they only connect with the interstage on the inside, near the bottom, and it still doesn't help. Is there a way to do it properly? Is it an issue with these parts at this time? Someone please help me :(

Okay, so the last message either of them posted was on 15th August 2012, 20:34 by Kyle. Kinda get the feeling that they went to college, though I'm sure they would have had the time to say something to us D: Not knowing what they are doing is killer! >.<

On a side note, at least the larger SRB's will angle their engines into the main rocket after release. Basically, they go from | I | (I is the main rocket) to \I/. They often hit the engine down there, and blow it up. I did use tiny SRB's to either blow the KW boosters to the side, or to have them keep going up as they move away. It's a cool method to fix the "SRB's want to kill me" problem (in fact, I think nasa uses something like that, could be mistaken), but often times, it sends my main rocket spinning (mech jeb recovers, but is still problem).

I've switched over to using Novapunch as my main parts, and using KW for engines and Payload Fairings (nice and smooth shape <3). I managed to use KW pack's Multi Engine Tanks thanks to struts for stability. It's interesting to note that KW's small 2 meter fuel tank has a lower fuel per weight ratio than Novapunch's version. Also, I wonder if Kyle and Winston will make 5 meter versions of everything. The Orion Spacecraft is roughly 5 meters in diameter, soooo... I'm not sure if Real Life meter = Kerbal meter xD

Oh, and KW pack with Nova punch parts got me to the mun back in .16 for my first time ever, so I'm not going to give these guys up till they say they're done. :3