[0.16] KW Rocketry v0.5

Winston

We should have version 0.1b of the PFL up soonish, we\'re just adding a few nodes here and there to make it easier to place things into the fairing adaptors.

The next version shouldn\'t take too long after that, just some 1 part shroud adaptors for engines and whatever.

are you going to run some optimizations on the pack later?

the pack is big and loads noticeably longer than everything else... even using the lowres version...

its not that big of a deal, but it might increase the overall performace

I\'ll probably wait till version 13 comes out before changing anything.

Thats really the reason we started splitting things into the smaller packs, easier to update and manage and it\'s not all constrainted to one download.

I might upload the Full Res update for the PLF\'s now, since Winston has been gone awhile.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you know if an patch will come out or not soon? or some idea at least? I\'m curious to where this pack is going.

I\'d dig a spaceshuttle pack in Ludicrous KW scale. Or maybe a modular space station set. or a Super Lander. I think of this pack as the hot rods of the addons. Heavy but powerful as hell

Updates are in motion, but they\'re abit slow at the moment due to university work.

It\'s christmas soon which means I can get stuff done more readily and hopefully Winston too.

We do have a few things planned, and a few more tweaks we can do to patch the main version.

Other packs are a distinct possibility.

Other packs are a distinct possibility.

If you do decide on the 'trendy' route of multiple packs could you please keep a single super pack download available? it makes keeping track of updates so much easier

Is there a trick to getting the PLF bits to detach? When I attach the 2m cone pieces directly on the straight PLF decoupler, they don\'t come off when the decoupler is fired.

You need to put the PLF decouplers in the stage where you want them to decouple, not the decoupler that they\'re attached to.

Wait, what? I\'m not sure I understood that. Is there supposed to be another decoupler in addition to the PLF one?

What I meant was that the \'wall\' or \'nose\' decouplers need to fire before the \'base\' decoupler, if you have one.

The nose parts aren\'t decouplers, though. They\'re just struts, and therefore restaging has no effect.

Sorry, I mixed up my PLF sets-for this set, you need to include at least one wall-type decoupler piece, or it simply won\'t work.

In that case, I\'d like to make two requests:

1) Half- or third-length walls, and

2) Making the nose bits decouplers as well.

The first request because I don\'t often need the full-length decouplers, and the second because I don\'t always need any length beyond that of the nosecone itself.

In that case, I\'d like to make two requests:

1) Half- or third-length walls, and

2) Making the nose bits decouplers as well.

The first request because I don\'t often need the full-length decouplers, and the second because I don\'t always need any length beyond that of the nosecone itself.

We are making the cone bit a decoupler next version.

I\'ll look into getting some half length parts for the next version too.

I appreciate the prompt response, and I\'m looking forward to the new parts. This is my standard parts pack for a reason, and I anticipate that future parts will be of equally stellar (:P) quality.

The other thing I noticed is that the attachment node at the center of the nosecone causes problems for me when I try to attach the halves to the base in that configuration. I don\'t understand why those extra stack points are there; could you explain that for me?