[0.23.5] Soviet Soyuz Rocketfamily v2.4 (13.May - Russian Tulip and more)

tell me please, what did you do to get the radial fuel tanks?where does from NP,those vernier-ish thingys or something completely else?Or did you made the rocket up with SRBs?

EDIT:reffering to the Proton pic ofc

Mine's the only one with retro rockets! :D

...and a orbital module that can hold crew!

Guess again, Jack!

8LaKbRg.jpg

EDIT:

I have encountered a major problem with my Soyuz: the orbiter section breaks off when docking to another craft. I need to change the way it's attached.

EDIT 2: It's more serious than I thought. The hacky way that I arranged the capsules makes it impossible to handle the torque from docking. This will require a major overhaul. :(

Edited by GusTurbo

Here's my attempt at the Soyuz Spacecraft (100% stock):

SF6vj4G.png

Craft file here: http://www./?ilwz3uglw7h8qcl

Orbital and service modules detach for reentry, antennae deploy with the panels via action group 1.

I made a Soyuz rocket to carry it, but it uses some Fairing Factory parts. I'm working on making it 100% stock currently.

Here it is currently. Looks a little short to me, but that can be fixed of course:

AEpwDIy.jpg

Bonus Korolev cross:

FwuMKdH.jpg

Edited by ethan829

Small update. I've made "Progress" since my last post...I'll show myself out.

Ly5xUQf.png

Carries extra fuel where the descent module would be. Sections don't separate, and are all discarded after the mission is complete.

@ baarnold: thx for the info

@ethan829: cool looking Soyuz, where do you got the fairings?

@ all : sry for beeing away, but you know university can be troublsome :D

edit: getting back into Kerbal, i did a little tribute to Mulbin: a soft cuddling of his Soyuzcarft and mine over the oceans of Kerbin.

screenshot1me.png

Edited by Darth Lazarus

@ baarnold: thx for the info

@ethan829: cool looking Soyuz, where do you got the fairings?

@ all : sry for beeing away, but you know university can be troublsome :D

edit: getting back into Kerbal, i did a little tribute to Mulbin: a soft cuddling of his Soyuzcarft and mine over the oceans of Kerbin.

-snip-

Looks like a Tiangong/Shenzhou to me. Well done! :D

screenshot1me.png

Great picture! a proper family shot of the father and son of the KSP soyuz :) My next Muna-LK will take some influence from the updates in this thread.

hey Gusturbo, i took your idea of a bigsize Soyuzrocket and worked on it ... still working on the wobble-of-death. it has the right amount of fuel and .. ,technicaly, enough trust in the third stage. lot's of things to do, until i can release a download for teh craftfile ^^

edit: over550 parts so far ... -.-" my PC is loving me XD

screenshot3mm.png

Looks cool. What does the center of the lower stage look like without the boosters? My design kind of sacrificed accuracy in that regard, since the core of my lower stage is 2.5m.

hey Gusturbo, i took your idea of a bigsize Soyuzrocket and worked on it ... still working on the wobble-of-death.

Have you tried setting up a hotkey to turn off the gimbals on most of your engines? That's how I reduced wobble on the Jool V.

an adapter? no problem i have one :D

screenshot5qs.png

and you ask for detaisl for my try for teh big Soyuz, here a pciture in the VAB with only one booster attached. all struts have been removed. i'm still working on the freaking death-wobble ... first and second stage are going to be solid like a rock, but the coupler to teh third stage is makeing trouble ...

screenshot4xc.png

I took a crack at the tapered lower stage. It required a slight redesign to my boosters, but I like how it turned out.

On the pad:

wlTcB2G.jpg

Boosters jettisoned:

U78LeYF.png

Comparison with the old booster design:

k4gLSOJ.png

Interestingly, even though my new booster is right up against the side of the core, and possibly clipping, it doesn't cause any problems.