[0.23.5] Soviet Soyuz Rocketfamily v2.4 (13.May - Russian Tulip and more)

OKB-1 Energia

Energia_ball_logo.png

OKB-1 is a design group and a repository for stock KSP designs of Russian rockets

Retro-Propaganda-Posters-From-Russias-Space-Program-1.jpg

Team:

Darth Lazarus: R-7 Soyuz Rocket Design, Probe Design

GusTurbo: N1-L3 Rocket Design, LK lander Design

Halsfury: Proton Rocket Design, Payload Design for the mun orbital module of the N1

Retro-Propaganda-Posters-From-Russias-Space-Program-3.jpg

Contributors:

stg_flyer

Kliper & Onega

Angara Rocket family

GusTurbo

Munstrosity 1 (Stock N1)

Headless Horseman (Payloadable Soyuz launcher)

Darth Lazarus

R-7 Rocket family

Projects:

Mini N1 (GusTurbo)

gpAVxah.png

Proton K/M, Zond & Mini Mir (Halsfury)

zp1qmPt.png

The Craft Files

Coming Soon!

EDIT: Is this a good starting point for a rocket builders page? I'm a little hesitant about the old propaganda, it's not exactly a nice bit of history

I like it so far. In lieu of the old propaganda, I might suggest some pictures of some real Russian craft. I might be able to make some sort of banner/collage with some of them.

Alright, but I think it's safe to keep the second poster

I looked up translations, the first one says some typical propagandistic stuff but the second one is more toned down

The heading on the second poster reads: "Navigation in space is open" and all the flags of the former soveit bloc are to be seen so I'm thinking that that one will be ok since the message is pretty muted by comparison and historical flags shouldn't ruffle feathers

OKB-1 Energia

Energia_ball_logo.png

OKB-1 is a design group and a repository for stock KSP designs of Russian rockets

Team:

Halsfury: Proton Rocket Design, Payload Design for the mun orbital module of the N1

Contributors:

stg_flyer

Kliper & Onega

Angara Rocket family

GusTurbo

Munstrosity 1 (Stock N1)

Darth Lazarus

R-7 Rocket family

Projects:

Mini N1 (GusTurbo)

gpAVxah.png

zp1qmPt.png

The Craft Files

Coming Soon!

How bout minus the vostock poster?

Sick the N1 is ready for the pad better get the LOK ready

@ Lazarus I've been going through the rest of the R-7's looking for bugs and I found that on my version the Voskhod has a problem with it's first stage, The rockets in the middle of the first stage (not the boosters) flame out at launch and only the vernier engines (the ant engines) fire in the middle

But I have a fix: Just pop that last rocket tank out and make a new one with the same setup just don't attach those 8 radial rocket engines to a central cubic octagonal strut (let them hang out attached directly to the tank) and they will get fuel flow again

@GusTurbo

What is the payload presently? how much can it lift?

Edited by Halsfury

@Halsfury

I am still testing at the moment, but currently it isn't even capable of reaching orbit. One of the pitfalls of designing primarily for appearance is that function doesn't always follow form. I'm confident that it will though, after I get the right engine configuration and fuel capacity. The main issue I'm facing right now it that the first 3 stages are all spent below 20,000m, which is probably owing in large part to the low isp of the Mark 55 radial engines. I really need those for appearance though, because anything larger would force me to build out more, and it would no longer be "Mini." TWR in the first stage is still pretty good though, so there's room to add more fuel.

Oh and btw though I like the slimness of the Mini N1 I think that it could afford to have another couple meters of diameter around the base and could be taller too

It really is quite a bit larger than a Proton, My proton next to that would be about 1/2 the size when the scaling looks like this

http://www.russianspaceweb.com/rockets_launchers.html

as you can see there is room for more rocket, and your still looking at a monster about the height of the VAB

The real thing was supposed to lift 90 metric tons

I calculated the mass scale of our rockets and found that Lazarus's R-7's and my proton are about 1/3 the mass give or take so your rocket at out scale needs to lift 30 tons!

so for a 30 tone rocket in space with a 1/10 payload fraction (serial staging) you come out to 300 tons on the pad

Edited by Halsfury

@darth lazarus

basically, the flags are 160 heigth / 256 width .png pictures, the game original ones are stored directly as .png images in 'gamedata\squad\flags'

here's a conversion of the picture to 160x256 .png format :

OKB1 Flag

Oh and btw though I like the slimness of the Mini N1 I think that it could afford to have another couple meters of diameter around the base and could be taller too

It really is quite a bit larger than a Proton, My proton next to that would be about 1/2 the size when the scaling looks like this

http://www.russianspaceweb.com/rockets_launchers.html

as you can see there is room for more rocket, and your still looking at a monster about the height of the VAB

The real thing was supposed to lift 90 metric tons

I calculated the mass scale of our rockets and found that Lazarus's R-7's and my proton are about 1/3 the mass give or take so your rocket at out scale needs to lift 30 tons!

so for a 30 tone rocket in space with a 1/10 payload fraction (serial staging) you come out to 300 tons on the pad

I'm not sure the size of the Mini is directly comparable with your Proton because yours uses a 2.5m core. My full-sized N1, the Munstrosity, (with all 778 parts) seems to be the proper comparison, and that absolutely dwarfs the Proton. It extends through the ceiling of the VAB and is almost as big as the silver circle in the center of the VAB.

My Mini might actually be taller than it looks, because to get the full thing in the picture, I had to move it back in the building because I couldn't zoom out far enough.

I would think a Mini Proton would be a 1.25m core with .625m boosters. By that scale, I feel like my Mini N1 makes sense. I would like to keep it on the smaller side just because a larger size means more panel gaps, which means more parts.

Edited by GusTurbo

well I'm about ready for the LOK and I have a mockup lander which follows the original somewhat the LOK with 1300Dv is going to be 7300kg and the lander is looking like it will need to be a total of 2812kg if it uses a powerplant of 3 Ant engines, right now mine is far too large

That means that 15 to 20 tons to LKO seems to be our target (Blok D & E stages will probably come out to 5-10 tons between the two of them) 20 tons seems to be the amount that we need in LKO

Edited by Halsfury

well I'm about ready for the LOK and I have a mockup lander which follows the original somewhat the LOK with 1300Dv is going to be 7300kg and the lander is looking like it will need to be a total of 2812kg if it uses a powerplant of 3 Ant engines, right now mine is far too large

That means that 15 to 20 tons to LKO seems to be our target (Blok D & E stages will probably come out to 5-10 tons between the two of them) 20 tons seems to be the amount that we need in LKO

That sounds doable. I think I'll start by replacing 6 of the radial engines in the first stage with LV-T45s.

Also I think that I'll go live with the current iteration of OKB-1 (only the one nicer old propaganda poster) once I have got together sgt_flyer's crafts

then I'll post a link here and you guys can put you crafts in a reply and I'll stick them in the main page

Also I think that I'll go live with the current iteration of OKB-1 (only the one nicer old propaganda poster) once I have got together sgt_flyer's crafts

then I'll post a link here and you guys can put you crafts in a reply and I'll stick them in the main page

Awesome. This is all coming together nicely. I'll download your LOK and incorporate it into my Mini N1.

OKB-1 Energia

Energia_ball_logo.png

Team:

Contributors:

sgt_flyer

Kliper & Onega

Angara Rocket family

GusTurbo

Munstrosity 1 (Stock N1)

Darth Lazarus

R-7 Rocket family

Projects:

Mini N1 (GusTurbo)

gpAVxah.png

zp1qmPt.png

The Craft Files

Darth Lazarus:

R-7 Rocket Family

http://www./download/k6hxgsuax6p4qz2/Soviet+R-7+to+Soyuz+Family+v1_3.zip

Sgt_flyer:

Kliper & Onega

http://www./download/md...er_Onega.craft

Kliper Lite on supernova SHLLV

http://www./download/bi...8/Kliper.craft

Angara Family Lifters

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/32484-Angara-rockets-family-%28rockets-in-kit-!%29

GusTurbo:

Munstrosity 1 (N1-L3 at full scale) don't press 0!

http://www./download/bb794mcn93ef1su/Munstrosity+1.craft

The Headless Horseman (Soyuz R-7 without the Payload)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/31482-Soyuz-Lifter-No-Payload-AKA-The-Headless-Horseman

Halsfury:

Proton M Zond (Manned Circumlunar loop)

http://www./download/n9dgyyqwolf1ub6/Soviet_Proton_M_Zond.craft

Bonus:

sgt_flyer provided this promotional OKB-1 Energia flag

http://www./download/7i9sz96byo9j59f/OKB1.png

Edit: Do these links cover the lot?