Furry megathread!

musicpenguin

It would be biased, that is why I posted it...? :P People have the right to express themselves in whatever (Legal) way they want.

I doubt it would turn into anything sexual, after all that is against the rules. Might be also handy to point out that Furry(ism?) is not a sexual fetish, that would be yiffing if I remember my Sociology A level* correctly :S

*As a subculture is was to be studied comparatively with other subcultures and sadly yes did go into that much detail...

Ok, so you believe that you're a fox or whatever?

That's just called being delusional. It might not be as bad as a sexual fetish, but you should probably still seek professional psychiatric help.

Ever been to a costume party?

Or a convention where people dress as videogame characters?

So some people who dressed as animals made it a "thing", they were probably mascots for something, and it spread.

People feel better when they are part of a group, safer, and they feel stronger as a group when facing adversity, such as the criticisms of others.

They hang out and they have fun.

And no-one said you had to dress up too...

Ok, so you believe that you're a fox or whatever?

That's just called being delusional. It might not be as bad as a sexual fetish, but you should probably still seek professional psychiatric help.

I don't think I ever said I thought I was a fox... Or a Furry for that matter.

Ever been to a costume party?

Or a convention where people dress as videogame characters?

So some people who dressed as animals made it a "thing", they were probably mascots for something, and it spread.

People feel better when they are part of a group, safer, and they feel stronger as a group when facing adversity, such as the criticisms of others.

They hang out and they have fun.

And no-one said you had to dress up too...

I tend to judge a group by its majority. And it's just that the majority of furries I've met have not been that sort of person. You'd be hard pressed to find a furry community that isn't full of the weird ones.

But anyway, I think this argument is over. If the furries want to post here then I have no problem - Better they post here than everywhere else anyway.

This is my fur-pone-a, soni-shy-chu-wolfchan, and hir embodys all my tru headspace lifedreams.

1F7n0Ww.jpg

(May or may not be my legitimate fursona).

Edited by Kommitz

To all those people who are hating on the furrys/bronies/whatever, just take a glance at this.

I personally don't like furrys or bronys, but I don't publicly express the fact.

But I'm always civil about it. I don't go saying that every furry/brony should not even be here. I accept them into the community as an equal person.

I am an avid Adventure Time fan, and love it. I assume this is how Bronies are with MLP as well, so I can sort of understand them.

But enough of the hating on other social groups. This isn't any better than hating on homosexuals. I hope this can stop forever now.

But enough of the hating on other social groups. This isn't any better than hating on homosexuals. I hope this can stop forever now.

You are correct.

As far as I know, furry(ism?) is simply people dressing up as animals and appreciating animals. Many of them don't even own suits. I've yet to encounter any furries that have a 'sexual fetish' with anything.

Stop discriminating, people.

Dude, Very few furries have a "Sexual fetish" Furry fandom is just people who like animals and feel like they have some animal in them. It's were you can be what you want to be. Culture has just made us look like perverts. Now stop hating on furries and go away >:(

To all those people who are hating on the furrys/bronies/whatever, just take a glance at this.

I personally don't like furrys or bronys, but I don't publicly express the fact.

But I'm always civil about it. I don't go saying that every furry/brony should not even be here. I accept them into the community as an equal person.

I am an avid Adventure Time fan, and love it. I assume this is how Bronies are with MLP as well, so I can sort of understand them.

There's a difference between being born homosexual, and choosing to identify and socialize as a furry.

I have no problem with furries as long as they stay in their threads.

Furries Are a semi-fetishtic online community. They draw/dress up as anthropomorphic animals, like I mentioned earlier, it is semi fetishtic, go on tumblr or google images, turn of any safety, and type in furry, that is the fetishtic bit, the rest is just people who are into animals (not all in that way) being quite a bit gay, I can see where they are coming from.