KSP Dead?

X_DARTH_GIZMO_X

So it's been about 2 weeks since i've heard anything from the devs is kerbal dieing?

No. Read the blogs. The button is at the top of the page, deceptively labelled "Blogs".

They're probably playing the game. :wink:

I doubt that. Even when the devs are "playing" the game, they're actually testing it and making sure we'll enjoy the finished product. Kerbal Space Program is a lot of work and little play situation for the devs.

"No. Read the blogs. The button is at the top of the page, deceptively labelled "Blogs"."

all those blog are about the fourms and not the game though just random people asking for employee's and junk.

nothing from the devs them selves

A thousand pardons. Try the button next to that one. The one marked "Articles". Oh, looky! Developer posts.

all those blog are about the fourms and not the game though just random people asking for employee's and junk.

nothing from the devs them selves

The last dev entry is from just 5 days ago. Either way the devs are busy working on the game, the community managers (usually Damion) are supposed to be handling the flow of information as they usually did as that is their duty among other things, developers are supposed to develop. Probably something is keeping them away, maybe Damion got sick. I wouldn't panic.

My Guess: is that Squad is now gunshy, and 'less willing' to do live broadcast streams due to the issue of the Expansion vs. DLC issue that happened recently.

Because some "customers" hammered Squad after a recent stream, it is likely that Squad management has told the Devs to cool it, and perhaps even as far to Never Live Stream again.

Saddly, if this guess is true, we have only the customer base to point at and blame. Some people always ruin it for the rest of us.

umm again all about the fourms and not the "GAME"

Halfway down the page? "Game Development and Progress Updates"? Uh huh.

Saddly, if this guess is true, we have only the customer base to point at and blame. Some people always ruin it for the rest of us.

I always roll my eyes at these situations.

People complain that game dev companies are too tight-lipped and incognito about what they are working on.

But yet when a company decides to be more transparent and reveal information, particularly about what features will be in the next release or even when said release will do done, then people will give them no end of grief if they happen to miss deadlines or have to cut/modify features.

It happens. Software development is a fluid, complex thing.

I wish people would just cut Squad some slack. They have just recovered from a fairly major blow to their public-facing community systems, so I am sure there has been a lot of fire-fighting/re-org related to that.

They're probably spending extra time on the 0.20 update; it's quite the milestone for the game so I'm sure Squad wants to make sure it's quite the update. I'm looking forward to scanning planets, new UI, awesome parts, resources, and I'm sure there are more things that we haven't even thought of yet. I'm sure the update is coming soon; maybe this next month? Remember how two whole months passed between 0.18.2 and 0.18.4, and that was a relatively minor update.

I know we all want there to be an update RIGHT NOW, but focus on how good the game is already, it's almost like a full game in it's own right. If you'd like new parts, try downloading a mod, or try doing something that you've never done before in KSP, like an Eve return mission, or perhaps a grand tour?

Anyways, I wish Squad the best and hopefully a new update will come along sooner or later.

My Guess: is that Squad is now gunshy, and 'less willing' to do live broadcast streams due to the issue of the Expansion vs. DLC issue that happened recently.

Because some "customers" hammered Squad after a recent stream, it is likely that Squad management has told the Devs to cool it, and perhaps even as far to Never Live Stream again.

Ya i wish they would have just left "DLC/EXPANSION" out of their vocabulary untill the game its self was done.

And no im not saying anything to point towards sqaud being bad or anything it was a simple question and i got my answer im not trying to beat down sqaud's door so stop saying "calm down""cut them some slack""they have all the slack in the world as they control the development of this awesome game.

I really wish the dev blogs were easier to find. I know they're just a click away, but I've been visiting the forums for months and just now found them (Hint: Goto development forum, it's a stickied thread). They're so easy to miss, yet they're the heartbeat of KSP. I think a little more visibility would go a long way and totally prevent "KSP Dead?" style threads.

Anyway, the dev blogs are great and deserve more visibility.

I really wish the dev blogs were easier to find. I know they're just a click away, but I've been visiting the forums for months and just now found them (Hint: Goto development forum, it's a stickied thread). They're so easy to miss, yet they're the heartbeat of KSP. I think a little more visibility would go a long way and totally prevent "KSP Dead?" style threads.

Anyway, the dev blogs are great and deserve more visibility.

1000% agreed i didn't mean to start somthing like this. my apologise everyone.

KSP Is still much ALIVE.