Favorite Internet Browser?

BossSquirrelz

What's Your Favoritew Internet Browser?  

1. 1. What's Your Favoritew Internet Browser?

• Internet Explorer
    • Firefox
    • Chrome
    • Opera
    • Other

Firefox, out of habit. I was pointed to firefox back in..2004? I am just too lazy to get used to chrome.

edit: actually, when moving to a new computer, ive always have an old Firefox install .exe (from..ergh..2004) so IE never gets opened in the first place here.

Google Chrome. Fast and simple. Rarely makes my PC freeze.

IE is my favorite browser... for downloading other browsers. :cool:

go here

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main

change the text for window title. Im a fan of setting it to "Better Browser Downloader" as well.

it'll show as that in the task manager, and on the top of every window. very useful for prodding friends to upgrade since you can also set their homepage to be the URL to actually start a download too, or at least, it used to work, im not so sure of newer versions(setting the homepage to a file link I mean)

I would use Lunascape, but it limits itself to an insanely small amount of ram/gpu/cpu, and takes forever to render things for me. Also, I don't like the way it handles downloads, and it doesn't have spell check, or support a lot of rather important add ons. So I use Chrome.

I've just uninstalled Lunascape as it was just a joke with the 10-20 webkit tabs I had open (it was frozen half the time).

My main browser is Opera but that's been going downhill lately as they follow the current silly UI fashion. I'd switch in an instant but to be honest there's nothing better to replace it, web browser designers seem to be stuck in an odd timewarp where the world is still using non-widescreen monitors.

I'd say the nearest contender is Avant which has some impressive features, the quality control isn't always there but they do seem to have stepped up development lately.

I have chrome installed but it's got so few features that it's quickly out of it's depth for anything more serious than visiting your favourite site. It starts quickly so I have it set up to launch links from IRC but I can't imagine using it for actually doing research.

IE9 has that anti-aliased text that looks really rough to my eyes so I don't use that.

My favourite browser was Maxthon, back in the days where it didn't have versions, editions and whatnot. Unfortunately it was based off IE6 so it only lasted a few months after the OS install before something broke and these days they've cut out the more useful features and taken it in a different direction.

I've just uninstalled Lunascape as it was just a joke with the 10-20 webkit tabs I had open (it was frozen half the time).

My main browser is Opera but that's been going downhill lately as they follow the current silly UI fashion. I'd switch in an instant but to be honest there's nothing better to replace it, web browser designers seem to be stuck in an odd timewarp where the world is still using non-widescreen monitors.

I'd say the nearest contender is Avant which has some impressive features, the quality control isn't always there but they do seem to have stepped up development lately.

I have chrome installed but it's got so few features that it's quickly out of it's depth for anything more serious than visiting your favourite site. It starts quickly so I have it set up to launch links from IRC but I can't imagine using it for actually doing research.

IE9 has that anti-aliased text that looks really rough to my eyes so I don't use that.

My favourite browser was Maxthon, back in the days where it didn't have versions, editions and whatnot. Unfortunately it was based off IE6 so it only lasted a few months after the OS install before something broke and these days they've cut out the more useful features and taken it in a different direction.

Try Pale Moon.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.