Damned Industries

DYJ

Looking awesome. Might be very useful. Will I be able to attach the thing that deploys cargo to any plane?

Short answer: No

Long answer: No, the shuttle gets around the lack of multiple/concave node_colliders by using multiple parts. So there is no specific part that allows it to carry cargo internally. The thing that deploys the cargo in the tech-demonstrator is a simple vanilla stack decoupler. But I\'ll make one with zero force for the release, no reason to have your spacestation parts shooting of into the distance when you deploy them.

Sick ANOTHER Spaceplane!!!!! At least this one has functionality. Is it SSTO or will it have an accompanying ET/SRBs or launch vehicle?

I think I\'ll make an adapter piece allowing it to sit on top of two 2m diameter rockets alternatively see if I/Tiberion could whip up something like his shuttle launch system for the thing.

I\'ve been referring to it by the name Kuriosity shuttle, but I\'m open to other suggestions name and otherwise. And as previously stated I could really use a 2d artist to do the textures when it comes to that.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ladies and gentlemen BEHOLD! The Joint Space Freighter (naming credit goes to markodash on IRC)

It will feature VTOL capabilities and a cargo-hold large enough to carry a truck (hopefully).

pH9jH.png

8Gr7u.png

OH GOD, That is THE sexiest thing to come out of KSP.Will the cargohold be big enough for the Bigtrack? That seems to be the better of the vehicles as far as load options(connection points)go? I think it\'s larger than the cart. Either way this will be an AWESOME deployment vehicle,,Great stuff :hailprobe:

0_0

Can't wait for it. Reminds me a space tourism project : it's launched with a standard rocket, and returns to ground like an helicopter....

So, when will it be released ? Does it use a special type of fuel ?

Edited by Emilio

It\'s using a nextgen version of r4m0ns variable engine plugin, and as such it can be .cfg edited to use a special fuel. I\'m hoping to get it released sometime this weekend, likely along with a bunch of different variants. But it all really depends on if it can be made more awesome or not.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.