Calling all KSP Pro's I Require assitance

Dermeister

Post the save file somewhere. I'll have a look at it.

Ok but you need these mods. KW Rocketry-v0.2.33,NovaPunch1_5beta,B9_Aerospace_Pack_R2-5,2013_04_RemoteTech are parts from those mods on the Vehicle I t's a VAB vehicle and i deleted the Fail fuel tank and booster. and left only the shuttle.. work your magic :) LINK https://hotfile.com/dl/213041604/4689d89/S3-Colombia.craft.html ohh and those Air engines areneededfor landing cause the thing glides but... not so well with out engines.

If you need mods to fix this please let me know which 1s u used If you use a gimbal mod for engines ect.

If ever you get an error saying It's missing a Kosmos Gyro https://hotfile.com/dl/213956014/a18a03e/Missing_part.rar.html <<< here's the missing part because i'm not sure if that part stil lexist i nthe newer version of the mod so i uploaded it incase you can't load my Craft file. Any help to get this thing into orbit is apriciated :)

Edited by Dermeister

One guy managed to build a shuttle without engines on the central fuel tank but the thread with craft file, description, pics was deleted. However, I downloaded a craft file a couple of months ago, here are some pics:

Sevngfk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2rWcmsM.png

http://i.imgur.com/YCBGIyR.png

Nice wish that guy can show us how he did it but keep in mind he's usign stalk parts and theyr light... my shuttle weights in the 60 KTU mass units ......alot heavyer and bigger with bays ect. so alot harder to balance and get the thrust ratios right..... and that's with out the booster and Tank... it's a beast. Refer to the first post for a pic of my shuttle.

It is just an educated guess but the designer seems to have balanced the angle of the shuttle engines to compensate for the thrust produced by the boosters. if you look a the three main engines 1 is angled very high (probably to balance the SRBs and the other two are probably angled much lower to balance the external tank.

This is how i would suggest approaching the problem.

1. change your current design to use less thrust and use angle on the top engine (from the stack of three) to balance the thrust of the SRBs

2. roll onto your back ASAP (think Space Shuttle)

3. when the SRBs detatch that thrust in the (now) up direction will help to fight gravity and keep the nose up [i think]

4. when the external tank is empty turn off the angled engine with an action group

4b. or do what the space shuttle does and angle all the engines and turn them all off when the ET is empty and switch to a second set of smaller engines that are balanced.

5. pray it is stable enough for re-entry

Ok, here's what you need to do.

Try taking off the boosters and seeing where the COM is. It should be lined up with your COT, if it's not, you'll start doing flips.

Also, you could try messing around with the staging to improve time from booster sep to ignition.

It is just an educated guess but the designer seems to have balanced the angle of the shuttle engines to compensate for the thrust produced by the boosters. if you look a the three main engines 1 is angled very high (probably to balance the SRBs and the other two are probably angled much lower to balance the external tank.

This is how i would suggest approaching the problem.

1. change your current design to use less thrust and use angle on the top engine (from the stack of three) to balance the thrust of the SRBs

2. roll onto your back ASAP (think Space Shuttle)

3. when the SRBs detatch that thrust in the (now) up direction will help to fight gravity and keep the nose up [i think]

4. when the external tank is empty turn off the angled engine with an action group

4b. or do what the space shuttle does and angle all the engines and turn them all off when the ET is empty and switch to a second set of smaller engines that are balanced.

5. pray it is stable enough for re-entry

Ohh it's stable :) trust me i spent 3 days just Editing it and testign it ( the lander) i only just started to put it in the VAB and trying to get a launch system for it. TO which i must add ive tried everything i could think of.

Edited by Dermeister

I'm missing Kosmos_VA_RRV_gyro - which isn't part of the Kosmos pack. Where did you get it from?
Damn sorry fergot to mention to mention it's from TKS_R2

It's Gyros that iadded in the noze but that's weird cause it was added to the Noze of the Fuel tank and i deleted the whole fuel tank thing O-o unlessi sent yo uthe wrogn .craft file let me know if the 1 i sent came with the belly fuel tank and boosters.

Heads up if you try to fly it.It needs the Air engines and it will fly but at a high AOA but it will land very smooth :) even with stuff inthe payload bay

Edited by Dermeister

Damn sorry fergot to mention to mention it's from TKS_R2

It's Gyros that iadded in the noze but that's weird cause it was added to the Noze of the Fuel tank and i deleted the whole fuel tank thing O-o unlessi sent yo uthe wrogn .craft file let me know if the 1 i sent came with the belly fuel tank and boosters.

Heads up if you try to fly it.It needs the Air engines and it will fly but at a high AOA but it will land very smooth :) even with stuff inthe payload bay

I don't know what TKS_R2 is referring to. I got the Kosmos space station pack, but it's not one of the parts in the list.

I don't know what TKS_R2 is referring to. I got the Kosmos space station pack, but it's not one of the parts in the list.

Humm because thats what i used on the Booster tank.. the Gyro from that Tks station pack... those are all the mods i'm using so it's weird let me take a look at it.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/kosmos-tks-spacecraft/ i think is where i got the part from let me know if it works.If not ill upload the actual part from my parts folder.

Or i can go And delet the part in question but i'm not sure why it asks for it the shuttle itself shoulent have it O_O any how let me know.

https://hotfile.com/dl/213956014/a18a03e/Missing_part.rar.html <<<< missing part.

Edited by Dermeister

Doesn't the robotics pack come with a rotation servo?

How about mounting one on each side of the fuel tank at the top. Put a radial mount engine on each one and stage them to fire when you separate the boosters.

Trial and error should let you find the initial angle to set them at and as you burn fuel in the external tank and your COM changes you adjust the angle of the servos to compensate.

Seems like a perfectly kerbal solution to flawed rocket design. :)

Doesn't the robotics pack come with a rotation servo?

How about mounting one on each side of the fuel tank at the top. Put a radial mount engine on each one and stage them to fire when you separate the boosters.

Trial and error should let you find the initial angle to set them at and as you burn fuel in the external tank and your COM changes you adjust the angle of the servos to compensate.

Seems like a perfectly kerbal solution to flawed rocket design. :)

I tried that mod With the hindges and for soem reason it Wont moove the part i mount to it :( i even adjusted the part and rotation ect in the pop up menue that pops when you put a hinge. If you want ot have a go at it go for it lemme know what happens :) i haven't had any luck so far :(

I tried to build a shuttle with this plane but I gave up. The only thing I could do was to attach it on top of one of my launch vehicles and put it into orbit. I enjoyed this flight because it looked a lot like cancelled Chelomey's shuttle launched with Proton :)

y6ksrI4.jpg

I went a little different with mine.

She's 44 tons.

Tell me about it LOL! i was makign big eyes whne ifirst saw the tonage on mine .... LOL! thank god those wings have alot of lift >_<! I'm happy that alot of you are trying to make a working shuttle that resmbles mine becausem aybe all together we cna achieve a good result because havign a functional shuttlethat size.... with the cargo capability...... will open up alot of doors for my Spaceprogram... meanwhile i'm workign on a fighter.

At a whoping 3.04 TWR ...... that thing will be so fun to fly. and i got her pretty well balanced to dosustained 5 g Turns on the horizontal pulls :)

hAW45ai.jpg

And the X-13 .. Tryign Diff designs :) for best performance for speed and tuning.

KDCsOqn.jpg

Edited by Dermeister

here's my prototype, I'm gone through several redesign of the rocket formation and I can't get it right, the plane itself is balanced and I can't use it as an SSTO, because the fuel runs out very fast and I want some Space Shuttle action

It's just the rockets that's hard to make

1024x578.resizedimage

here's my prototype, I'm gone through several redesign of the rocket formation and I can't get it right, the plane itself is balanced and I can't use it as an SSTO, because the fuel runs out very fast and I want some Space Shuttle action

It's just the rockets that's hard to make

1024x578.resizedimage

SO i'm not aloen with issues.. It would be so sweet to get our shuttles to orbit >_<! I wonder how they do it in RL :( i wonder if the People who make this game are aware how hard it is to build a shuttle and will give us better tools to do so in the future till then guys! Don't give up :) Percevirance and trial and error will get us there... * takes a moment of silence for al lthe Dead kerbals who lost theyr lives testign our designs* Wait.. actually mine was umaned :D i added that Sat relay thign and an entena so it's controled unmaned :D and iremovem y kerbals b4 itest :) only when iget it workign will i put kerbal aboard .. poor lil green guys

dUDE wtf i'm jelly so you went with boosters on the wing? i thoguht of that aswell... i might go that rout too..Good job man :) I stil lwanna try the hole Real life space shuttle get up system though * shakes fists*

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.