Laythecat is bestcat. (Chobit's house of madness) The one thread to rule them all!

ROFLCopter64bit

Oh I could use Gungnir too, but I get annoyed by how flashy that is. Hammers are much simpler and easier to carry, and have practical value establishing campsites and cracking open nuts on the trail.

STOP!

HAMMMERTIME!!

What? Someone had to say it!

Also, in relation to using a katana to prune a shubbery, am I the only person reminded of the Corner Gas episode where the town is twinned with a Japanese town, and they get a katana that ends up being used all kinds of bizarre and improbable ways?

Or did I just make myself sounds really old?

Edited by Trekkette

Sounds like my kind of people. I too am a firm believer that the late 90s and the new century was a big mistake, all the good entertainment was in the 60s, 70s, and 80s.

Nothing like Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon album while trying to save Jeb from wasting away to dust on Duna.

Our favourite shows and movies are from the 60s-70s... we're both old...

I'm older than you are. By about 4 months? 3 and a bit? Something like that, anyway.

And don't be knocking the 90s! Sure, they ushered in this latest wave of "Reality" "Entertainment," but they also gave us Star Trek:Voyager (side note - <3!! Enterprise can DIAF). And the last-of-the-not-horribly-bad-Disney movies.

True. There were a few acceptable disneys in that time period.

But for the most part from 1996 to mid 2012 or so there was barely anything actually good.

Very few songs from that time range are enjoyable to me, and most of what was on TV was junk.

Sorry, not a fan of voyager. ToS all the way, Kirk shows a very Kerbal way to explore space.

And I can agree that Enterprise should not exist. According to the original timeline, NX-01 should not exist. It was in development around the time the library computer was invented, and used an older computer technology that required dropping out of warp periodically to confirm position as well as being unable to handle such a large offset mass while at warp.

Because of that improvement in computing, the NX-01 design that would originally have become NCC-1700 and the pathfinder for the Constitution class was instead dropped in favor of NCC 1701 "Enterprise", which incorporated the new technology in its systems and shows the standard design seen throughout Star Trek.

True. There were a few acceptable disneys in that time period.

But for the most part from 1996 to mid 2012 or so there was barely anything actually good.

Very few songs from that time range are enjoyable to me, and most of what was on TV was junk.

Sorry, not a fan of voyager. ToS all the way, Kirk shows a very Kerbal way to explore space.

And I can agree that Enterprise should not exist. According to the original timeline, NX-01 should not exist. It was in development around the time the library computer was invented, and used an older computer technology that required dropping out of warp periodically to confirm position as well as being unable to handle such a large offset mass while at warp.

Because of that improvement in computing, the NX-01 design that would originally have become NCC-1700 and the pathfinder for the Constitution class was instead dropped in favor of NCC 1701 "Enterprise", which incorporated the new technology in its systems and shows the standard design seen throughout Star Trek.

... *see technobabble fly overhead!* (Actually, I got most of that thanks to reading some of the paperbacks...)

My objection to Enterprise was the introduction of new alien species. Like the Denobulans and the Xindi. The Temporal Cold Wars. Oh, and the use of the FREAKIN' BORG. Seriously. Once they pulled out the Borg, I stopped watching. I did like the exploration of the Andorian culture. And the Aenar subculture therein. Kinda Like what DS9 did for the Bajorans.

Original Series was pretty good. Haven't seen the Animated series, but 99% of it's non-canon. TNG... well, I like what I've seen of it. It's next on my list of things to download that will be replaced with legitimate copies once I have enough money. Voyager and DS9 have my heart, though. You can hate on DS9 all you want, but I love it to bits~

Yeah, I can appreciate DS9 as well for the limited amount of it I saw.

Finally! Someone who doesn't hate on it just because they're not "exploring strange new worlds"! I've even had other Star Trek fans tell me it wasn't real Star Trek. The twerps.

I loved it. My first ever Star Trek OCs were at least part-Bajoran, and that was before I'd watched DS9. Based solely on Voyager and the Maquis' stories.

Mind if I help you with that Chobit?

Edit:

Okay just watching that clip you posted I need to get more of this. Looks like an interesting concept.

In my own writings one of my favorite ships is KN1-86A 'Gallileo', which is actually the converted hull of a nuclear submarine that had its reactor modified to be the core of a nerva engine.

Edited by OdinYggd