[WIP] FLEXrack - Portable Payload Racks

nothke

The first thing I come up with is a modular KAS winch. Then you'd have a radial mount winch that not only fits perfectly (and prettily) into any size of rocket but can also be moved around from one craft to another as the situation dictates. :D

So are there any ideas for possible cargos to fit into these containers? Perhaps the refit module for NovaSilisko's wet workshops could fit into one (or several) of these.

yeah, having to place things like the fuel release ducts, the windows, ect (possibly life support equipment or a set of solar pannels or heck even batteries) would be cool too.

• 2 weeks later...

This is awesome. As someone who regularly runs "Supply missions" to his stations and bases this is exactly the kind of thing I'd love to have. Instead of just dropping off a full fuel tank and calling it "Supplies" now my OCD can actually have my kerbals yanking out crates of supplies, gear, and experiments. When this is ready to go I'm downloading immediately.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the developer of this was making their own life support mod or something like that. Then again, it's been a while so who knows.

Either way, I'd also really like to see this integrated into TAC life support. Then, using KAS and infernal robotics, building things in space or on other planets will be so engaging :o

Sorry guys, I've been AFK for a month. It's the first moment I see a computer with connection now, and first thing I do is check KSP progress xD I see 0.21 is out and can't wait to get home and continue developing the racks and dromoman. I've got a full head of ideas too =) see you soon when I'm home.

- Greetings from Lyon airport, Nothke

Another vote to please keep working on this.

On a ridiculous side note, until issues of repacking into the delivery rack are resolved, how about incorporating a tiny remotely triggered solid engine to kick the "used" containers away from the ship? (Not for the space junk OCD, I know)

... So I just looked thru the imagr album and saw the one rack is laundry. And here I thought we'd be able to launch rocks into space!

Edited by CatastrophicFailure