The Completely Sensable Satellite Thread

Astrobug

Hi all!

Given the sandbox nature of the game, and the resulting "uselessness" of most satellites (mods notwithstanding), I would be greatly interested in seeing just what it is that some of you folks launch into space. So what all do you guys have? Communications? Spy satellites? Monolithic monuments for future races to stumble upon?

One of my more recent designs here

fVEEwCF.png

Here's the first satellite I successfully launched into space, the Mercury 2. Nothing special, just some communitrons and some solar panels, as well as some RCS thrusters for any small orbital maneuvers.

sRdHSCO.png

What with the title contradicting with the initial picture, I think it's fair to say that the thread can go two ways from here:

1. We post sensible satalites, to show Astrobug what we've put in space, per his request.

2. We post rediculous satalites, in conjunction with the crazy satalite that Astrobug posted.

The question is, which way do we go?

*snip*

One of my more recent designs here

fVEEwCF.png

hmmm, I can see that must be a wheely useful satellite (shoot me now).

That's really cool.

Here are my remoteTech communications sats (was it ok to post sats with mods?)

several of these in LKO

wiuoR5gl.jpg

two of these further out

vcSaSyUl.jpg

And this long range relay which I recently assembled in orbit, took it up in parts in a SSTO which was more the point of the mission than actually using it for anything.

Its not done yet, no idea what else I'm going to bolt to it next, maybe a wheel or two.

cEU7eOPl.jpg

(these are actually sensible, sorry)

I think I overdid myself:

MXTyKnN.png

A three part ISA MapSat mapper! I just want to say, ISA MapSat has breathed new life into the game. Using the mapping satellites to discover anomalies gives a real meaning to landers and rovers. Awesome stuff.

(Launched with my first KW Rocketry rocket. Here it is with half the fairing removed.. The KW parts are nice to reduce part count, but feel a bit too different from stock parts. However, the fairings are really, really awesome!)

Edited by Krizzen

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.