Radial Drogue Parachute

Konraden

I'm pretty sure I posted this only like last month or something, so it definitely got wiped out in the Kerbastrophe.

I changed the part.cfg to the new .20 standards, so drop the entire I^3 folder into GameData and it loads properly.

It's just a quick reskin\config of the radial parachute to match the colors\config of the nose-cone drogue parachute, for all your slow-downing needs.

Mod edit: download link removed due to forum rule violations.

5-24-2013%209-28-54%20PM.png

Edited by KasperVld

I thought you wanted a half size version? Rescale factor of 0.5 would be half of the part size. Half of 1.25 is 0.625.

If you wanted a .5m you would do a rescaleFactor of 0.4.

Why do you need a .5m part? Seems like an odd size since all the stock parts are at 0.625.

I thought you wanted a half size version? Rescale factor of 0.5 would be half of the part size. Half of 1.25 is 0.625.

If you wanted a .5m you would do a rescaleFactor of 0.4.

Why do you need a .5m part? Seems like an odd size since all the stock parts are at 0.625.

aren't the probes .5m in diameter?

The default rescaleFactor is 1.25, so if you make a 0.5m part and don't specify a rescaleFactor, it comes out as a 0.625m part. This causes a lot of confusion, as some people use the "in game" size and some people use the size "as designed."

I'm pretty sure I posted this only like last month or something, so it definitely got wiped out in the Kerbastrophe.

It's just a quick reskin\config of the radial parachute to match the colors\config of the nose-cone drogue parachute, for all your slow-downing needs.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32080904/ParachuteRadial_Drogue.7z

OnDeck%20(Small).png

I actually modded my own, but I was too lazy to do a texture for it. Thank you man for doing this! <3

I actually modded my own, but I was too lazy to do a texture for it. Thank you man for doing this! <3

It's the stock texture just recolored. What a pain in the male-parts to 'convert' this to work with.

It's the stock texture just recolored. What a pain in the male-parts to 'convert' this to work with.

I have zero experience with creating/modifying mods, even just textures. I'm used to FS Addons, and Source Engine stuff, but this is all foreign to me.

Konraden,I've downloaded the non-compressed version that you uploaded not long ago but I've got a little problem:the case and the parachute is white,it don't have any other colour.

Do you have an idea of what I have did wrong?

Konraden,I've downloaded the non-compressed version that you uploaded not long ago but I've got a little problem:the case and the parachute is white,it don't have any other colour.

Do you have an idea of what I have did wrong?

There should be four files. The model, two textures, and the config.

They're compressed into the .7z format.

Not everyone uses Windows, so Mac (and Linux?) users may have a tough time decompressing .7z files. One of the many reasons I prefer Macs- simple, universal file compressing.

Anyway, this looks good! Radial drogues should have been stock from the beginning, not something that addon creators had to do.