[It's finally here!] Apollo Replica "MUNBUG XII" Saturn V, CSM, Lander, Buggy

I just put your lander on the Mun with no problems controlling it at all.

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad343/Larry_M/KSP2014-03-1808-57-29-31.jpg

Great....

Looking a little tight on fuel! Hopefully you can get into orbit with RCS... did you land using the technique show on the main post? Much more efficient than fighting gravity all the way down.

Great....

Looking a little tight on fuel! Hopefully you can get into orbit with RCS... did you land using the technique show on the main post? Much more efficient than fighting gravity all the way down.

Oh! I thought I had another fuel tank for the ascent. Yes, it will be tight if that is it for fuel. RCS, yes, I hope so...

And, yes, I used the technique in the video you posted. It seemed to make the landing much easier then what I have been doing in the past. But, as you can see by how much fuel I burned I need more practice, plus I was too high off the surface. I should have been closer like in your video. Thanks for posting that video.

Great looking lander!

Time to watch a few more tutorials.

Edited by Larrt_M

Its not my video, it was created by Kosmonot. The lander in the video is the old munbug lander... it's waaaaay too big for the rest of the craft.

I was referring to the Munbug XI Lander. The one I landed on the Mun. The one in the video may be too big but it still looks great also.

Edited by Larrt_M

I had a bit of a time getting the rover out. Every time I used the propulsion system, space bar or F6 it would flip the lander over on it's side. Probably something I was or was not doing correctly. The only success I had was to thrust the lander up a couple of feet and hit the F5 key. That worked fine! Then I moved that small thruster icon up with the parachutes.

• 2 weeks later...

So... after many hours of work, I finally get Munbug XII near to completion. Then KSP screws up with the VAB bug and all of my work is lost. Craft file corrupted, will make a fresh start again... maybe next month.

So... after many hours of work, I finally get Munbug XII near to completion. Then KSP screws up with the VAB bug and all of my work is lost. Craft file corrupted, will make a fresh start again... maybe next month.

I know the feeling ;.;

Was it the dreaded symmetry bug? :(

Yes this is very sad indeed. I had this happen so often that I now make two back-up saves.

The bug will bite soon and it will be easy this time. Good luck Mulbin!

MJ ;.;

Edited by Majorjim
sad face

Do you think this craft fixer would help? Located at the bottom of this page;

http://www.kerbaltekaerospace.com/?page=craftkitchen