YouTube banning KSP related channels!

thegibster

Hey guys,

I've been playing KSP for some months now and I love it. I was inspired by Kurt Jmac and Scott Manley to post some of my KSP adventures on my own YouTube channel. All I had on my channel was KSP and one Simcity video. YouTube banned my account with no warning or strikes against my account. Why would they do this??? The developers said they love having people make let's plays of the game because it spreads the word about their game. I heard them say it in the dev stream. I used no illegal music in my videos. I really don't understand why YouTube are being such dicks. Any thoughts of what I can do? I feel helpless and infuriated.:mad:

Probably EA bribing Google to be extremely biased against anyone criticizing their stuff. I would not be surprised if Youtubes suggested videos algorithm includes not suggesting negative videos about certain things.

No, it's EA. EA did this rather quietly with Battlefield 3 where they slowly banned channels with BF3 content on them, now it stands to reason that it's EA doing this with Simcity 5 instead of KSP whose developers are against DRM.

It's not YouTube's fault either: EA simply uses the mechanic where, if you report enough videos on a channel for copyright infringement, the channel is automatically banned without human review. You can ask for a review and it's likely that will resolve the problem, but frankly there are so many copyright claims a day the amount of money it would cost Google to hire legal staff to review them all is just ridiculous.

Try again without the EA shi- ahem, I mean "stuff", OP.

It's been said before, but it needs restating. I think there's more to this story than meets the eye. I've been making KSP videos for over a year now (rather successfully too) and I've never encountered a problem.

EA has destroyed many a good developer and franchise.

It takes more than one or two copywrite violations to get thrown off of youtube though, and footage of a game you own should more or less fall under fair use anyways.

Something else must have happened.

EA has destroyed many a good developer and franchise.

It takes more than one or two copywrite violations to get thrown off of youtube though, and footage of a game you own should more or less fall under fair use anyways.

Something else must have happened.

Remember Pandemic? Star-wars battlefront, destroy all humans, marvelous little games, once EA got hold of them they went down the plughole.

Remember Pandemic? Star-wars battlefront, destroy all humans, marvelous little games, once EA got hold of them they went down the plughole.
I LOVED Star-Wars Battlefront. I still have 1 and 2 for the PS2.

I don't see why they would.

Squad has already expressed support for people uploading gameplay videos, and no other companies are authorized to issue takedown requests for Squad-owned content.

However if your videos used copyrighted songs or if you had other videos on the account that could be, that would probably be why.

As far as I know there has been no changes to Squad's policy regarding fan content, and if someone is having videos taken down without proper authorization they are doing so illegally.

Yeah I do, they get all of my hatred for ruining Bioware and the Dragon Age franchise though, I'm more of an rpg gamer and they just absolutely destroyed Bioware.

As for the copywrited material, I've had a few warnings myself, they don't even usually bother to take them down any more, they can simply block them in areas where the copywrite applies, something else too..I forget.

I was lucky enough with one though, that the artist himself contacted me, Lustmord, and asked me to take down the offending material, but I was bold enough to ask him if I could use them in the two KSP landing video's I have and he said "well, since you asked, sure, just credit me.".

Which I thought was a very nice way to have handled it.

I had only one Sim City video. All other videos were KSP. Just one simcity video and it was flagged for copyright music, the music was the background music of the game. I didnt upload more simcity because of it. All music I used for KSP was free to use. I was very careful to find content that was allowed so this didn't happen. I also posted the license and copyright to all my video descriptions. It's the Kevin guy Kurt Jmac uses and other popular you tubers use. You tube does not tell you why and I've tried the appeals system. The only take your email. There is no one to appeal to or contact that I can find. I think it's EA too but I don't know who to talk to resolve it.

You have to use Youtubes dispute system, and good luck with that. Google has no Live customer support for any of their sites or services. Unless your like a multimillion dollar company .. then you can talk to someone. You being a "Nobody" as google see's it have to just deal with them through Email. Be very very clear on the videos content. Don't say anything that could be taken as a admission of guilt.

When dealing with any of google's services you have to think like a lawyer. Otherwise you're screwed. I found this out the hard way. Google banned my adsense account last year claiming fraud. They wouldn't tell me what had occurred, or on which my my sites, either my blogspot account or youtube. Also note, Google's policies on Adsense use, if your site or videos are viewed by a bot or series of them that interact with the ads, Google will use that as a excuse to claim fraud, even if you had no responsibility for the Bot or its actions. This is what happened to me after a LOT of digging through my sites activity logs. Bot swarmed on my blogspot site, and google banned my adsense account and refused to reinstate it even after I showed them evidence of what happened.

You get 1 and only 1 appeal with any issue on a google site, if that appeal is denied your just out of luck Google won't respond to further inquires.