1:1 Planets?

Daze

Most likely no, everything in the kerbal universe is scalied down except for gravity. It wouldn't fit the trend that has been set. I also think that a planet that size you wouldn't be able to take off and get into orbit.

But if you upscale all except of Kerbal and command pods it would be the same

I wouldn't like that. Flying would be pretty hard and many thinks would take forever. Imagine flying jet plane to another continent that now takes 20 minutes would take something like 10 hours.

Yep, it takes a lot longer and a lot more dV to reach LEO then LKO.

...and the dV required to LEO is roughly equal to launching and going directly to escape velocity on Kerbin.

Why is everyone obsessed with making it all 1:1?

Because realism.

Also, please remove the timewarp because there's no such thing like that in real life. It'll make play times longer but hey, realism right? And it would be in-par with 1:1 scale planets!

Edited by Flixxbeatz

...and the dV required to LEO is roughly equal to launching and going directly to escape velocity on Kerbin.

Because realism.

Also, please remove the timewarp because there's no such thing like that in real life. It'll make play times longer but hey, realism right? And it would be in-par with 1:1 scale planets!

One of the most nonsense example of every time.

Its for a fact of immersion in the game, it will look more like the earth and less than Moon textured blue

Yep, it takes a lot longer and a lot more dV to reach LEO then LKO.

That would be true if the density of Kerbin remained true-to-life with Earth, but it also has a scaled density and is made of some material with a higher density than any element in the universe.

Therefore everything on Kerbin takes almost exactly the same dV as Earth would, give or take a bit for 'realism'.

Do we really need to beat the same dead horses every week? I realize that there are new KSP players coming on board all the time, but in my days (yeah, I'm showing my age), I was always taught to read forums for a while before posting. It allows you to get a feel for the place and to see that some topics have already been over-discussed to death.

I think it could really help the game if we had a 1:1 scale, just think about, you can ad so much more detail to everything.

Aaaaand yes I play orbitter though I don't want to compare it too much to Kerbal Space Program.

Do we really need to beat the same dead horses every week? I realize that there are new KSP players coming on board all the time, but in my days (yeah, I'm showing my age), I was always taught to read forums for a while before posting. It allows you to get a feel for the place and to see that some topics have already been over-discussed to death.

Ain't nobody got time for that.

Is necessary useless and flaming comment?

Is necessary useless and flaming reply?

I said orbiter because if you know it that game has 1:1 scale and has a much more realistic approach than KSP(and it has humans too!), you can also download more HD texture packs and make the graphics better

KSP is a FUN video game and will stay that way. They scaled down the planets and distance to reduce boredom, so you would see more action than just sitting around there watching the rocket go up the atmosphere. Nothing would change by having a 1:1 scale, except for the fact that everything that you do will just take a lot more longer. and Kerbals are bout only 20-30% percent the size of humans, so it's completely useless to make it 1:1

kerbal_spacecraft_scale.png

tell me one good reason why they should make at 1:1 scale? It's not even Earth to begin with, it's a completely different planet. so even If you make it the size of the Earth, It would look nothing like Earth

Why is it "ten times more beautiful than now"? Graphics quality is determined by the detail and the quality of textures, not how big the planet is.

Is necessary useless and flaming reply?

I said orbiter because if you know it that game has 1:1 scale and has a much more realistic approach than KSP(and it has humans too!), you can also download more HD texture packs and make the graphics better

KSP is a FUN video game and will stay that way. They scaled down the planets and distance to reduce boredom, so you would see more action than just sitting around there watching the rocket go up the atmosphere. Nothing would change by having a 1:1 scale, except for the fact that everything that you do will just take a lot more longer. and Kerbals are bout only 20-30% percent the size of humans, so it's completely useless to make it 1:1

kerbal_spacecraft_scale.png

tell me one good reason why they should make at 1:1 scale? It's not even Earth to begin with, it's a completely different planet. so even If you make it the size of the Earth, It would look nothing like Earth

Why is it "ten times more beautiful than now"? Graphics quality is determined by the detail and the quality of textures, not how big the planet is.

Isn't a FUN video game, a fun video game about space is for example Dead Space or Mass Effect this is a simulative game, the only thing that change is it approach with the player :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.