My first docking!

im so excited at this point but dang its so un-nerving, im so afraid im going to mess up and destroy both ships, that i can barly breath at this point,

now dont rage at the mech-jeb, i only used it for the rendezvous but it was acting so weird this was closest it could get, so shortly after i took the pic i turned the autopilot off and continued on my own,

pic:

xSYw4Fd.png

the ship is my miner ship for the mun, going to dock with the space station for storing the kethane.

i havnt got it docked yet but im very close, and if i can get the pictures to apear in the screenshots folder (because half of them didnt even appear) ill post a pic of them docked, that is, if i dont destroy them both :P

wish me luck

Congratulations on achieving this major milestone. Just keep observing what MechJeb does and keep practicing. Sooner than you think you don't need MechJeb anymore and you'll be docking by hand.

Yeah, definitely keep going with it. Docking is very definitely hard to begin with but once you've done it a couple of times, it becomes fairly routine. Just make sure that the yellow (prograde to target) marker is aligned perfectly with the purple (direction of target) marker during your final approach using RCS and the i,j,k,l keys.

Once you've mastered docking, I guarantee that you'll use it for almost everything you build - orbital construction is just so much easier for large missions!

Good luck!

Congratulations, Deadpan.

My first rendezvous and docking away from Kerbin (where it was a life-or-death situation for the kerbal to return home) was one of my happiest moments in recent memory. I'm still amazed at times that we can get two tiny pieces of hardware together in the vast depths of outer space.

Edited by Brotoro

Yep.... The world hates me,

The cooler thingy for my computer stopped working yesterday and my computer overheats and shuts off without it, and now it's pretty much garenteed that my parents won't get me another one for probably five months, I guess I can say goodby to playing my computer for more then five seconds.

And the worst part, I didn't get them docked ;.;

I'll probably die of boredom before I get to play my computer again ;.;

Sorry to hear that, though depending on which cooler broke it probably can be replaced fairly cheaply. Since you said it's causing overheating, my guess is on the CPU. If you look up the make andmodel of your computer, you might be able to find out what socket type your cpu is and look for a cheap cooler for it.

Ok I'm sorry but that kinda confused me a lot.. The cooler thing is a separate thing that my computer sits on top of, we got it like around last year because my computer randomly started overheating for some reason, it was turne don and everything when it stopped working but the light that shows its working wasn't on, and my computer was warm as heck, I'm gunna go try and see if it works now, hopefully it works

The kraken got to my computer a bit...

Ok I'm sorry but that kinda confused me a lot.. The cooler thing is a separate thing that my computer sits on top of, we got it like around last year because my computer randomly started overheating for some reason, it was turne don and everything when it stopped working but the light that shows its working wasn't on, and my computer was warm as heck, I'm gunna go try and see if it works now, hopefully it works

The kraken got to my computer a bit...

Would it not have been cheaper to just find out what was overheating and replace that. :P My guess would be that the graphics card fan is either clogged or broken, that's the most typical cause of overheating. How often do you clean out your computer?

Ya, I agree. I feel it would be better to find the actual problem, where the computer is overheating and why. Then again, if it is a pretty old laptop or desktop, it could be hard to find a replacement part. Laptops in particular are the hardest to fix and replace things.

Ya, I agree. I feel it would be better to find the actual problem, where the computer is overheating and why. Then again, if it is a pretty old laptop or desktop, it could be hard to find a replacement part. Laptops in particular are the hardest to fix and replace things.

Depends on the age; most modern laptops are actually quite modular. However, it sounds like OP has a desktop PC, so that should be an issue unless it's really old.

OP, try running something like Speedfan and see which parts of the computer are heating up the most.

Edit: ^ can't you just strip it and solder it?

I'm guessing my computer is like 1 or 2 years old, I don't remember how long I had it, but another miracle happened, my parents helped me, now my sisters cooler thing is keeping my computer alive at the moment, oh god my miner ship turned around somehow, getting so close...

• 1 month later...

congratulations on pressing a button. ,,only rendezvous'' and getting literally few meters off the target spacecraft is like 99% of the work done by autopilot. Dude, you achieved nothing and I guarantee that your feelings would be multiplied by atleast 1000 if you did the same thing without mechpleb. You're unconsciously killing most of the fun this game provides. Most of people yell ,,BUT MUH REAL LIFE AUTOPILOTED ROCKETERY!!!'' and won't actually sit down and learn, don't be one of them. It's like the other guy on the forums that was all euphoric over his first mun landing...of course done entirely by mechjeb. Ok, he's having fun, but it just hurts me that he misses out so much better feelings of accomplishment.

Edited by Rizzupl

1/ Revive a month old thread?

2/ Who are you berating? If the last poster, having MechJeb doesn't necesarily mean it was used to dock or achieve a rendevous.

3/ People play how they want, it's their game. I agree, it's far more fun do do it the first time without auto-pilot but I wouldn't tell other people what to do.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.