[WIP Plugin] Extraplanetary Space Centers!

skykooler

Is anyone aware of any issues that might cause ore mining to stop working? basically I modified a small Kethane drill to harvest Ore since I didn't like the aesthetics of the Auger, I've landed at an Ore deposit on Minmus but it doesn't seem to be actually harvesting anything.

i had the same problem ended up going back to the auger

Was working on a little rover pad and having serious issues. What determines where a ship spawns when built by a Launchpad enabled part? I have tried a few different models and every time my test rover seems to spawn inside the part.

Was working on a little rover pad and having serious issues. What determines where a ship spawns when built by a Launchpad enabled part? I have tried a few different models and every time my test rover seems to spawn inside the part.

The new ship spawns at the origin (the point 0,0,0) of the launchpad. This means that in Blender or Maya or whatever, your model needs to have its top at or below the origin.

edit a part to be full of the resource you require (even the launch pad)

How? :0.0: How do I set the Launch Pad (for example, the Sphere Launchpad) to have a specific number of RocketParts, without needing the capsules?

I'm running the version form GitHub circa July 17, and I can't properly load two specific ships (Ship A and Ship B). If I try to load them in the build menu, it keeps saying "you need to select a ship to load" and doesn't show me any resource data. However, if I select another ship (Ship C), then select Ship A or Ship B, it will continue to show Ship C's resource information, and if I meet the necessary criteria and click to load the ship, it will spawn Ship A or Ship B instead of Ship C.

I'm running the version form GitHub circa July 17, and I can't properly load two specific ships (Ship A and Ship B). If I try to load them in the build menu, it keeps saying "you need to select a ship to load" and doesn't show me any resource data. However, if I select another ship (Ship C), then select Ship A or Ship B, it will continue to show Ship C's resource information, and if I meet the necessary criteria and click to load the ship, it will spawn Ship A or Ship B instead of Ship C.

Are they stock ships or modded ones? Could you post the .craft files?

I would also like to know the above....that new LP was the hotness!

Also a question, think I know the answer but figured Id ask to be sure...

I'm working on a pack that will add new resource used for new drive system. I dont need to do anything to get EPLP to launch ships with the new stuff? I'm guessing not since I saw it would take NucFuel to launch the bobcat powerplant.

Skykooler, just to ask : how is the modeling of the 'revised' parts coming along?

They are stuck in a state of limbo. I've got the modelling done, imported into Unity and everything, but my copy of Unity is no longer exporting models that KSP can read, and nobody I've talked to has any idea why. I've sort of given up for the time being, because I have no idea how to get it working again. :(

I would also like to know the above....that new LP was the hotness!

Also a question, think I know the answer but figured Id ask to be sure...

I'm working on a pack that will add new resource used for new drive system. I dont need to do anything to get EPLP to launch ships with the new stuff? I'm guessing not since I saw it would take NucFuel to launch the bobcat powerplant.

Well, you will either need some way of providing the resource at the launchpad, or you will need to launch your ship with empty tanks.

Are they stock ships or modded ones? Could you post the .craft files?

Here and here.

They use a few mods. Kethane parts, of course, I think KSPX, Kerbal Engineering System, RLA Stockalike, B9... And some modified Kethane parts I set up to be my ore drill and ore refiners. Let me know if you need those modified parts.

Edited by GenaTrius

Be Warned!!

Grappling hooks in space + debris with fuel + "oops my engines are on" = SPACE NUMCHUKS!

So happy to hear recycling is coming. I break things alot...plus all the test flights. It gets messy.

Very true. I lost a lander on Gilly due to a grappling hook mishap that sort of guillotined my command pod from the fuel tank... ;.;

I'm having a little problem. I was testing a possible design, with hooligan labs' launch pad, and the build menu would not open.

This message kept popping up in the log thingy.

eNcruLN.jpg

Also, the parts from the mod, and the spherical launchpad things were behaving oddly in the editors. They wouldn't attach. The node I tried to attach it to did disappear like there was something there. Then the node wouldn't let other parts connect. If used as the first part, it refused to let other parts connect, and the game acted as if it was still in placing first part mode.

EepNXla.jpg

I'm pretty sure I have the latest one, but maybe something is going wrong. I made a fresh install of the mod to make sure, and removed the spherical pads.

Any idea what would be wrong?

EPL is not compatible with .21. He is in the process of updating (I hope).

Ok. We can wait. I'm probably going to take a bit of a break from playing, while I get stuff sorted anyway.

Skykooler, any hope you can release a -slightly- modified version of the update to get it to work in 0.20 (heard the "no Kerbals showing up in rocket on spawn" is why it's only for 0.21)?

I've got to have that Debug Mode. All I really want. :/

Please? :) I want to stick with 0.20 until the devs fix the long loading times.

Edited by Benie

Skykooler, any hope you can release a -slightly- modified version of the update to get it to work in 0.20 (heard the "no Kerbals showing up in rocket on spawn" is why it's only for 0.21)?

I've got to have that Debug Mode. All I really want. :/

Please? :) I want to stick with 0.20 until the devs fix the long loading times.

...What long loading times? 0.21 starts up faster for me than 0.20 did. :)

There were several things that changed in the last commit besides the "debug mode" flag. If you absolutely need an 0.20 version, you can clone an earlier version off of Github and paste in the debug mode lines.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.