[WIP Plugin] Extraplanetary Space Centers!

skykooler

Testing the release, already very pleased! The Launchpad is operating perfectly. The resource side of it I'm not so sure about. I tried testing ore set up. The ore bin looks like a few bits of metal floating in a circle pattern, metal bin appears this way too. Also could not get any ore mined, when the auger is activated it says 'moving' in r-click menu, but never starts, no ore gathered. Does the resource gathering/processing have to be connected to the rocket workshop to work?

I don't know if i should post it here or at the release thread, so I just posted it both places. How about adding an airstrip for launching spaceplanes? This would be cool to have on Laythe, or... Duna? For rocket planes? Parts can be made up to 1992 meters long, so length won't be a problem. Ask HooliganLabs, he has made some big parts.

Great work so far, loving that this is out! Let the empire building begin!

Not sure if this is compatible with kethane 0.5, as I tested the new drill in k0.5, and it just deploys and does nothing. Bug?

I installed K0.5 then this, if that matters.

Is it possible to use retextured (a dark red colour perhaps) Kethane pack parts for the smelter (usinglarge converter) and auger (using large kethane drill), also using recoloured detector for ore detection (if ore prospecting is going to be included), and of course recolours for the storage tanks (as the ore and metal bins seem to be bugging out for me, they are just little floating "bits"). I mean no disrespect, but it does seem as though the current models for the pack seem to be placeholders, and I think that so long as original credit for part models and code goes to Majiir, then it shouldn't be a problem.

I'd love to see the folding launch pad model shown on page 3 of this thread, and I'd love to see the runway as just a threshold pad, and a set of runway lights that deploy along the ground from that, for that "grass runway" look. Perhaps asking to use the aviation lights plugin?

Anyway, just my two cents, awesome work getting this to release. This is easily the most ambitious mod out there, well done.

This is what I get for the Metal Bin and Ore Bin

Metal_bin.jpg

Me too I can't see the reload database option in the debug menu either, where is it I am probably just being thick :blush:

I am just testing on the launchpad to play with this thing before shooting it into space.

I have assembled the launch pad as it looks in the screenshots but when I click "load ship" nothing happens what am I doing wrong?

This breaks Kethane....

Not only will mining ore not work, but now all my Kethane stuff wont work at all...

Im also seeing the Metal and Ore bins the same as pictured by Sajuuk.

This mod has potential to be really great, however as is its simple a game breaker....

This is what I get for the Metal Bin and Ore Bin

Metal_bin.jpg

0.20 seems to have broken most of my textures. Let me see if I can fix this.

Great work so far, loving that this is out! Let the empire building begin!

Not sure if this is compatible with kethane 0.5, as I tested the new drill in k0.5, and it just deploys and does nothing. Bug?

I installed K0.5 then this, if that matters.

Is it possible to use retextured (a dark red colour perhaps) Kethane pack parts for the smelter (usinglarge converter) and auger (using large kethane drill), also using recoloured detector for ore detection (if ore prospecting is going to be included), and of course recolours for the storage tanks (as the ore and metal bins seem to be bugging out for me, they are just little floating "bits"). I mean no disrespect, but it does seem as though the current models for the pack seem to be placeholders, and I think that so long as original credit for part models and code goes to Majiir, then it shouldn't be a problem.

I'd love to see the folding launch pad model shown on page 3 of this thread, and I'd love to see the runway as just a threshold pad, and a set of runway lights that deploy along the ground from that, for that "grass runway" look. Perhaps asking to use the aviation lights plugin?

Anyway, just my two cents, awesome work getting this to release. This is easily the most ambitious mod out there, well done.

This is using code from Kethane 0.4 until the next release of Kethane comes out. It may not work with the parts from Kethane 0.5. Unfortunately as far as I can tell .mu files are not editable.

As for the other launchpad models, they look awesome! My models were made as placeholders (well, except the rocket workshop which I'd built for a previous project); if you send them to me I'd much prefer to include them in the pack.

I don't know if i should post it here or at the release thread, so I just posted it both places. How about adding an airstrip for launching spaceplanes? This would be cool to have on Laythe, or... Duna? For rocket planes? Parts can be made up to 1992 meters long, so length won't be a problem. Ask HooliganLabs, he has made some big parts.

I included a little fold-out runway. The reason it's so small is that the only way I could figure out for something to be realistic and end up very long is to make it very thin, and thin parts seem to have a bad habit of sliding into the ground and disappearing.

This breaks Kethane....

Not only will mining ore not work, but now all my Kethane stuff wont work at all...

Im also seeing the Metal and Ore bins the same as pictured by Sajuuk.

This mod has potential to be really great, however as is its simple a game breaker....

If you want to use the stock Kethane (0.5), you can delete my kethane.dll, and the launchpads will still work; you just won't be able to mine ore.

If you want to use the stock Kethane (0.5), you can delete my kethane.dll, and the launchpads will still work; you just won't be able to mine ore.

ahhh, my apologies sir, my assumption was since your release was after 0.5 kethane release that's what it was set to work with. I want to mine, one of the part I like about this mod.

On a side note I think the runway included is just fine...doing full size one would have issues, and if the current one is set in right spot it works fine imo.

Guess I need to downgrade back to 0.4 kethane for time being, really want to get this one going full bore!

a cheap temp fix for the invisible bins is just to stick this in the bin cfgs:

MODEL
{
model = Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTank1-2/model
position = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0
scale = 0.65, 0.52, 0.65
rotation = 0, 0, 0
texture = model000 , Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTank1-2/model000
texture = model001 , Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTank1-2/model001
}

this just uses the Rockomax X200-32 tank as a placeholder for the mesh. its scaled to fits between the nodes and is an approximate size, so our craft dont have phantom parts.

Edited by Nuke

would be nice if you can make metal be able to be launched off of kerbin ,and dock to a space station with a launch pad so you can ships in orbit very quickly ,or more modules for space stations while in orbit.Just a Thought.

Having some issues with release 1.1 and kethane .5

loading a ship with kethane parts will cause view to go to star sky, no ship, cant end flight, though I can select space center. Putting the default kethane 0.5 .dll back in fixes this. Gonna redownload EPLP 1.1 and try again, ill post edit with results in min or 2.

EDIT: same result. using your replacement kethane.dll makes 0.5 kethane parts so it loads to a stary sky.

could it be another mod causing this? do run any other mods, may saw issues with something?

Edited by KhaosCorp

Having some issues with release 1.1 and kethane .5

loading a ship with kethane parts will cause view to go to star sky, no ship, cant end flight, though I can select space center. Putting the default kethane 0.5 .dll back in fixes this. Gonna redownload EPLP 1.1 and try again, ill post edit with results in min or 2.

Did you put the MMI_Kethane.dll in the Kethane folder? It won't work if you put it anywhere else (it will just do the sky thing you mentioned).

Did you put the MMI_Kethane.dll in the Kethane folder? It won't work if you put it anywhere else (it will just do the sky thing you mentioned).

I did, ill reinstall both mods just to be sure, but Im sure I did. Will post edit

EDIT: redownloaded both mods, installed kethane, then removed the .dll, installed EPLP folder, then replaced default .dll with your modified one. Same results as before.

Edited by KhaosCorp

I did, ill reinstall both mods just to be sure, but Im sure I did. Will post edit

EDIT: redownloaded both mods, installed kethane, then removed the .dll, installed EPLP folder, then replaced default .dll with your modified one. Same results as before.

Same result here. I seem to get major lag instead of a total freeze though.

This is coming up in the KSP log, not sure if it is related to this mod or not:

[LOG 21:08:25.657] Generating software for Sun
[LOG 21:08:25.673] Generating software for Kerbin
[LOG 21:08:25.678] Generating software for Mun
[LOG 21:08:25.712] Generating software for Minmus
[LOG 21:08:25.724] Generating software for Moho
[LOG 21:08:25.739] Generating software for Eve
[LOG 21:08:25.752] Generating software for Duna
[LOG 21:08:25.765] Generating software for Ike
[LOG 21:08:25.778] Generating software for Jool
[LOG 21:08:25.790] Generating software for Laythe
[LOG 21:08:25.804] Generating software for Vall
[LOG 21:08:25.817] Generating software for Bop
[LOG 21:08:25.829] Generating software for Tylo
[LOG 21:08:25.842] Generating software for Gilly
[LOG 21:08:25.855] Generating software for Pol
[LOG 21:08:25.868] Generating software for Dres
[LOG 21:08:25.879] Generating software for Eeloo
[EXC 21:08:25.892] ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: s
[LOG 21:08:25.908] Generating software for Sun
[LOG 21:08:25.923] Generating software for Kerbin
[LOG 21:08:25.929] Generating software for Mun
[LOG 21:08:25.962] Generating software for Minmus
[LOG 21:08:25.975] Generating software for Moho
[LOG 21:08:25.989] Generating software for Eve
[LOG 21:08:26.003] Generating software for Duna
[LOG 21:08:26.016] Generating software for Ike
[LOG 21:08:26.028] Generating software for Jool
[LOG 21:08:26.041] Generating software for Laythe
[LOG 21:08:26.054] Generating software for Vall
[LOG 21:08:26.068] Generating software for Bop
[LOG 21:08:26.079] Generating software for Tylo
[LOG 21:08:26.092] Generating software for Gilly
[LOG 21:08:26.105] Generating software for Pol
[LOG 21:08:26.118] Generating software for Dres
[LOG 21:08:26.129] Generating software for Eeloo
[EXC 21:08:26.143] ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: s
[LOG 21:08:26.148] Generating software for Sun

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.