Debris removal tool

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a mod that allows you to remove debris that stays in orbit (ie. empty stages of a rocket after decoupling). Yesterday I chrashed into a fuel tank from a previous mission, and I was about to make a perfect landing on Mun. Point me to a download link please. I think I spotted a mod like that, but now I cannot find it anywhere :/

You can remove debris from the setting menu. I don't remember the exact name, but it's a scroll bar. You can set debris number to 0.

Also there's a mod with sunbeams that can be used to destroy debris.

Hopes this help a litt

Much easier is HyperEdit

Under the Misc button there is an option to destroy whatever you want. Just be careful not to destroy some of your ships by mistake.

Note: Use only if you are sure you won't get tempted to cheat KSP, because HyperEdit contains many other "cheat" functions.

My favorite solution was a powershell script that got lost in the forum rollback. Basically, you put the script in the same directory as your persistence file, run it, and in about a minute, it goes through the persistence file and removes all debris. It's been a while since I used it, but I'll look around to see if I can find a copy.

Before the forum crashed back in April and wiped several months' worth of data, there was a mod called Debridement and Salvage which added a part you could stick into a crewed ship, then send it to rendezvous with a piece of debris and collect it manually (and salvage any spent fuel, as well). If you're into Planetes and / or want to re-create the "thrill" of collecting garbage in space, I'd advise checking that out. Unfortunately, the Forum Kraken seems to have eaten the thread entirely, and it's not on SpacePort, so I wouldn't know where to find the link.

Opening screen....settings....brings you right to the "max persistent debris" slider. Set to zero, restart and poof...no more debris. Don't know why you would need a mod or script solution.

Or if you are very masochistic you could go up and clear it with something like this...

zw9oY2Z.png

Robotic claw for grabbing large parts and a lazor for zapping the small parts. Borrowed it off Dr NoNoNoNoNoNOOOOOOOO.

Before the forum crashed back in April and wiped several months' worth of data, there was a mod called Debridement and Salvage which added a part you could stick into a crewed ship, then send it to rendezvous with a piece of debris and collect it manually (and salvage any spent fuel, as well). If you're into Planetes and / or want to re-create the "thrill" of collecting garbage in space, I'd advise checking that out. Unfortunately, the Forum Kraken seems to have eaten the thread entirely, and it's not on SpacePort, so I wouldn't know where to find the link.

:0.0: Now that is a shame. I had my eyes on THAT mod. For now I'd suggest the SUNBEAM Lazor (part of the Lazor System). You can find it on its own on the Spaceport.

Hi guys,

Yesterday I chrashed into a fuel tank from a previous mission, and I was about to make a perfect landing on Mun.

Did you crash with debris in orbit? That is extremely rare!

I personally like to deal with debris the smart way, making my rockets so that every stage crashes into a planet(preferably all but the last stage). That means i sometimes have to carry empty tanks along till i get a crash trajectory and then decouple.

Anyway, i think the lazors modo for debris removal is the best...as you can add lazors only for that vessel debris and decouple the lazors in the last crashing stage.

Using the new KAS you can dock with anything even if it don't have docking ports, this let you transfer resources.

You can even use it to tow parts for deorbit.

Add an probe core this let you select and kill it from the tracking station.

For doing this more realistic you should add three small flat solar panels, this give power so you can control the stage.

Its mostly two sources of derbies. Upper stages for putting things in orbit and transfer stages.

For upper stages you might want to switch to transfer stage before fully circulate your orbit this will not bring it to orbit.

Now if the upper stage has enough dV left to take you halfway to the Mun you might want to use it so you have larger reserves on you lander.

Use it and disconnect. You might want to add an small fuel tank on an strut who give the empty stage 50 extra m/s, this should be more than enough to deorbit if you burn at AP.

Now for transfer stages, use them to do the deorbit burn.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.