[v1.2]KSP - Silisko Edition

NovaSilisko

This + Your Lander parts = Most fun I\'ve had, although I used it as an orbital craft/Satelite instead of a lander (till the Mun gets here.)

Another successful mission, this time modifying my lander so that it\'s a spacecraft and not a lander.

Circular Orbit.

screenshot3.jpg

Almost!

screenshot4.jpg

Satelite Deployed

screenshot4.jpg

Launch Vehicle

screenshot7.jpg

Eccentricity of 0.004 according to KSPCalc

Liquid Engine 1 ISP: 3428 m/s or 349s

Liquid Engine 2 ISP: 2857 m/s or 291s

This makes no sense, the main engine is more efficient than the OME :(

Lowering the fuel consumption to 3 puts it at 3809 m/s or 388s, which is much better.

Liquid Engine 1 ISP: 3428 m/s or 349s

Liquid Engine 2 ISP: 2857 m/s or 291s

This makes no sense, the main engine is more efficient than the OME :(

Lowering the fuel consumption to 3 puts it at 3809 m/s or 388s, which is much better.

nnnghnngh

I hope Harv adds efficiency that varies with atmospheric density soonish so you can\'t use those small upper stage engines to take off with...

That four nozzle engine is ludicrously awesome, So good that I\'ve started using two 2m stages in my rockets.

I just wish I had fairings (The bulkhead and explosive bolt kind) to hide the 1m decoupler necessitated by your KSP edition

The problem is you don\'t have enough boosters....

Anyways I think the A-SAS is bugged since it dose not do anything. The medium engine is worthless, since the big one is more efficient by 50% more or a 3rd depending which way you look at it. Engine weights are so low that efficiency and sufficient thrust is all that really matters.

I like the boosters, though I think the big one should burn for 80 seconds, considering it weights twice as much and has twice the thrust burn time should be equal.

The 2m engines weigh the same and have the same efficiency. So there is no point using the smaller one.

Other than that you obviously put a lot of work into this pack, and I do like it over all. It\'s more challenging then the normal mod packs and feels more rocket like since stages burn fast.

Actually, with a stack as big as I\'m using boosters aren\'t worth much. My bottom stage is currently 4x of the large 2m engines, so compared to that SRBs don\'t offer much more thrust.

It is worth noting that the two 2m engines are equally efficient. In many cases, since gimballing isn\'t implemented yet, there\'s no penalty to using the bigger engine since you can just downthrottle it when you want to. The only downside is that it lacks a bottom attachment point. I can definitely see the larger being preferable as a bottom-stage engine when you have fins for control in-atmo, then switching to the weaker version when you\'re higher, fins aren\'t as useful, and you don\'t need crazyhigh thrust.

Actually, with a stack as big as I\'m using boosters aren\'t worth much. My bottom stage is currently 4x of the large 2m engines, so compared to that SRBs don\'t offer much more thrust.

It is worth noting that the two 2m engines are equally efficient. In many cases, since gimballing isn\'t implemented yet, there\'s no penalty to using the bigger engine since you can just downthrottle it when you want to. The only downside is that it lacks a bottom attachment point. I can definitely see the larger being preferable as a bottom-stage engine when you have fins for control in-atmo, then switching to the weaker version when you\'re higher, fins aren\'t as useful, and you don\'t need crazyhigh thrust.

That was the plan.

Also

kerbalspaceprogram20111.jpg

Ohhhhhh, nice. Those never seem to work for me though.

Also, I modified some of the thrust and weight values of the engines.

The thin long SRB I downed to 60 thrust. The Big long SRB I gave 180 thrust going from 4 mass to 6 (60X3 since it\'s twice as wide and pie and all) Stock one is now 40 second burn time with 180 thrust, with a weight of 3. Since it is as thick but half as long as the bigger one.

Changed consumption of the small 1m liquid to 3 so it is usable.

Reduced weight and thrust of 2m small slightly

Increased consumption and weight of big 2m slightly.

I think by doing those things all of the parts are now usable.

The only thing I modified is LiquidEngine2, which I changed the fuel consumption to 3 for an ISP boost. I just have a personal rule not to use it in the lower atmosphere.

Ohh and turning the ejection strength down to 0.2 on the decoupler so I have to rely on ullage boosters and such for any stage separation larger than one tank.

I felt that this parts pack was missing a vital, time honored KSP tradition of making a gigantic rocket that has all the reliability of a used car stolen from the junkyard. So I made one.

y46a1.png

It ended in an equally old tradition...

TjPOT.jpg

Uo6ou.jpg

YBvR2.jpg

Guess it needed more boosters

I find it a bit odd that the big, powerful 1m engine has a max thrust of 300 and a burn rate of 10, for a fuel efficiency of 30, while the smaller, 'efficient' upper-stage engine has a max thrust of 100 and a burn rate of 4, for an efficiency of 25. The only advantage that I can see to the smaller engine, then, is that it is slightly smaller and slightly less massive. Meanwhile, the 'landing engine' has a burn rate of 1 and a thrust of 50, making it by far the most efficient, and therefore, in my opinion, the best suited for upper stages.

Edit: Oops, people already noticed this on the last page. Well, it still bothers me, so I\'m leaving my comments here…