We are all Screwed:Its the End of the World

lobsterbark

Nerdcubed has made a video on ksp. Batten down the hatches, we must gather our resources: we need a heavily armoured, camouflaged space station, with lasers, in low retrograde orbit around the sun. We shall shelter there, until the noob apocalypse is over.

Rules:

1.Don't talk to noobs.

2.Don't talk to noobs.

3.Don't address noobs in any threads.

4.Remember, there is a difference between newbs and noobs. Newbs are good or ok. Noobs are terrible.

I personally welcome all on board.

Until they start spamming the forums with "How does I get orbitz?" questions, posting stupid rockets on the spaceport using every single tag, or suggesting Multiplayer, other solar systems and weapons. :mad:

I'm rather tolerant of events like this. The CoD kidz will get tired when "thinking" is mentioned, leave, and hopefully the useful, helpful, interesting people will remain. Enough of them at least.

I think most "Noobs" don't find KSP too terribly interesting.

Yeah, but remember the steam noobs? They ruined the forums for about 2 weeks. This is going to be worse, there is already Steam, to attract the noobs initially.

Nerdcubed has made a video on ksp. Batten down the hatches, we must gather our resources: we need a heavily armoured, camouflaged space station, with lasers, in low retrograde orbit around the sun. We shall shelter there, until the noob apocalypse is over.

Yeah, but let's be honest, Nerdcubed is awesome enough that he can do that.

By the way, Dadcubed made one too... and never got into orbit!

Has it not occurred to you that Noobs/Newbs or new players are paying customers. They have the right to be here and we were all in the same position before but at least we didn't have people trying to distinguish us from trolls or blaming us for ruining the forums... Yes there are some people that overstep the line but at least treat them equal before they are even step in front of it. :P

Until they start spamming the forums with "How does I get orbitz?" questions, posting stupid rockets on the spaceport using every single tag, or suggesting Multiplayer, other solar systems and weapons. :mad:

Considering I believe that we all asked how to get into orbit at a point in the game. Multiplayer, other solar systems, and weapons are already being asked to be added by many. :P

Considering I believe that we all asked how to get into orbit at a point in the game. Multiplayer, other solar systems, and weapons are already being asked to be added by many. :P

I actually never asked about how to get into orbit. Once I discovered gravity turning, I did the rest of practicing getting to orbit on my own. People could call me a noob for never landing on the Mun or docking, but I have always been in love with rocket science and space exploration, so I will keep playing KSP. Always.

Nerd³'s audience is already familiar with KSP - as he states in the video, he covered it back in February 2012 (when the version was 0.13.2). I don't remember there being any issues back then, and there certainly won't be any issues now.

I never did ask any noob questions. I actually learned to play before I did anything on the forums.

Actually I think we should support them, as they actually have dedication and patience to learn the game. The lazy people (*cough* COD) just walk out on the huge learning curve.

I encountered someone like this yesterday and gave him/her positive encouragement that he/she could do what they thought was impossible. I didn't realize it when I viewed the first post by this person, but he/she had posted the same request in four different threads in several areas of the forum. Post said they wanted someone else to do a docking for them. Well, I told him/her I had faith that they could get it done his/her self, and this person did eventually write back and say they did. Anyway, I didn't get rude and tell them to "do it yourself or move on". I could have, but I just wanted to see if this person would even try or give up and they didn't give up. That's good. I didn't waste time with a non-responder. That's what I really dislike. You answer a question or help in someway and the OP never returns to say "Thanks" or anything.

Ok, that's all I have to add to this subject. Back to my EVE project.

I never did ask any noob questions. I actually learned to play before I did anything on the forums.

Well, if people didn't ask noob questions, we probably wouldn't have all those nice video tutorials.

Really though, I have no idea who this Nerd Cubed guy is, so I don't have any basis by which to asses his fanbase. What I do know is that more players means more money for Squad, which means a heightened likelihood of KSP making it all the way to a retail release.

So, I guess what I'm saying is "welcome".

Guys, don't get me wrong, I like NerdCubed.

What I'm saying is that usually, people come here, spam the forums with dumb questions instead of searching for answers, and SPAM the spaceport with their stupid rockets, then create another account and give them a 5 star rating.

I knew about KSP and watched a LOT of videos for a while before discovering ther current demo version (13.3) so I knew something before playing it. And when I finally got a chance to buy the full game, I had a very good impression of the rendevouz and docking procedure.

I only registered on the forums after buying the full game and knowing the basics.