Duna

Eve

Duna

screenshot77.png

Eve

screenshot83.png

Download:

Trueshot Lander 909.craft

Still relatively new to the game. I build a lot...

I like stuff perfect so, here's my first ship sharing.

Simple 5 ton payload. Ascent stage tested up to 6.5T and down to .8T, TWR stays in tolerable ranges for the whole weight range. Ascent is targeted for 70k orbit. 5T to 70k leaves 450 delta V on ascent. Don't need RCS for ascent. Use RCS pulsing for bringing that fat nose around for the last 450 delta V or whatever you have left.

Mun landing usually occurs with external tanks unstaged with a little fuel left, depending on the pilot :D You can stage the tanks while landed with no harm. There isn't enough fuel for a free return trajectory maneuver + low orbital injection around Kerbin on the return. You have to just put your periapsis into the atmosphere at or below 35k. This of course means you will not be really picking your landing location. Just depends on what you come up with I guess! If nothing else a safe capsule chute ride. The delta V budget on this might allow for a one way interplanetary, would have to check.

Lander is good for about 23 m/s landings, though not recommended on Mun for bounce reasons :P Possible breakage at 24 m/s, most likely 25, and almost guaranteed at 26 m/s. Whee. Tested well ;)

I am having a blast, and build a ton of vehicles. If anyone has requests or needs help please let me know! I have up to a 100 Ton lifter that flies solid and straight to 70k orbit. Working on bigger, but might need a bigger processor first lol

I would love to help fix, create, or tinker on people's stock stuff. Don't do planes yet.

Tips:

Mechjeb may not show delta V correctly until the lander is staged, have faith

Don't miss the staging on the lander, since it's not obvious when the tanks run out of fuel

screenshot68.png

screenshot71.png

Edited by Sorcie
Craft Update

What are the thruster's on the outter edge of the first pic? Never seen them before....

You've never seen them? O.o

They are the largest solid fuel boosters avaliable C:

Check for it in the propulsion tab in the VAB/SPH

They might be on the next page depending on your resolution

What are the thruster's on the outter edge of the first pic? Never seen them before....

Maybe sarcasm, not sure :)

In any case, it's a simple ship, but is very reliable and flies very straight :D

If you replace the two R 24-77s on the lander with a LV-909, you'll have much more Delta-v to spare.

Indeed! I had started with the 909, not sure why I ended with the radials. Updated, and that's a big improvement. Thanks!

brotip: remove the ASAS from the first stage, you don't need it. even more delta-v :)

on any ship, adding more ASAS units after the first one will give you no advantage.

Yeah, it's because I'm using the same lift unit for other stuff, self sufficient. Darn, just updated that download link too. =/ I think I need a checklist or something.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.