[0.90] LazTek SpaceX Launch, Exploration, Colonial Transporter & Historic mods (1/25/14)

LazarusLuan

Laz,

Don't know if you intended to do so or not, but all three of the separate heatshields are missing Deadly Reentry configurations. The Dragonrider and Dragon V2 work perfectly fine in DRE however, and I've taken some pretty borderline reentries to test.

Laz,

Don't know if you intended to do so or not, but all three of the separate heatshields are missing Deadly Reentry configurations. The Dragonrider and Dragon V2 work perfectly fine in DRE however, and I've taken some pretty borderline reentries to test.

Do you mean that the actual models aren't working when you add the heat shield variables to the .cfg files? I'm using cylinder primitives for those with this update.

Do you mean that the actual models aren't working when you add the heat shield variables to the .cfg files? I'm using cylinder primitives for those with this update.

I meant that straight out of the pack, they do not have configurations set to include ablative shielding like the pods do.

Can we see preview screenies of the new historical or heavy lift stuff?

Sure - I'm still working on the diffuse and normal maps because I keep adding more windows to the Mars Colonial Transporter but I'll post a screenshot of what should be the "final" version. The new cargo capsule looks almost exactly like the current version, except without windows, reconfigured RCS ports and with a working top hatch. The 4 round plates located around the perimeter of the center of the capsule are gone as well, since it doesn't use any engines other than its RCS. I'm finishing the wrap-around parachutes for it right now and will post up a shot of that, too.

Edited by LazarusLuan

Little confused, as a long time fan of this Mod, and recently came back to KSP after 3-5 months away, what is with all the versions now?

I knew the Basic Launch Pack and the Exploration one, but what is special about the Historic one? I've read the details, and seems its just the same parts as Explore one, but early models? Huh.

Also too many packs to come back too. One Complete All-in-One download, be nice..

Thanks for this though, Big fan of it and SpaceX design, Only reason I am here!

EDIT: Your download links are also all funky mate. Hover over .24 and shows one url, hover over .2, and shows another URL completely...

Edited by KilrBe3

Little confused, as a long time fan of this Mod, and recently came back to KSP after 3-5 months away, what is with all the versions now?

I knew the Basic Launch Pack and the Exploration one, but what is special about the Historic one? I've read the details, and seems its just the same parts as Explore one, but early models? Huh.

Also too many packs to come back too. One Complete All-in-One download, be nice..

Thanks for this though, Big fan of it and SpaceX design, Only reason I am here!

EDIT: Your download links are also all funky mate. Hover over .24 and shows one url, hover over .2, and shows another URL completely...

I for one don't like the idea of an all in one pack as i don't use the exploration or historic pack =).

but what is special about the Historic one? I've read the details, and seems its just the same parts as Explore one, but early models? Huh.

More parts, and the Dragon v1 capsule which I love over the v2..

http://imgur.com/a/fVdSw

Very nice! But is it legal to actually use the term "spaceX" in a mod? I doubt they'd sue anyway, but still, almost like making a "nasa" mod without permission.

From my experience in the Train Simulator and Flight Simulation scenes which I've been involved in for a decade now most of these companies do not care about you using their logos as long as you are not in any way turning a profit from them, misrepresenting or slandering them as a whole.

I'm not going to combine all the parts and texture versions into one single, massive, multi-gigabyte download for obvious reasons as others have already stated.

I've decided to go with a different design than I described earlier on the Dragon Cargo capsule, allowing it to be loaded and unloaded easily, even after docking with a station or other craft. Opinions?

DragonCargo1.png

I'm not going to combine all the parts and texture versions into one single, massive, multi-gigabyte download for obvious reasons as others have already stated.

I've decided to go with a different design than I described earlier on the Dragon Cargo capsule, allowing it to be loaded and unloaded easily, even after docking with a station or other craft. Opinions?

Personal opinion. I'd rather it not. It does make sense in a KSP gameplay sort of way...but not in a realistic way. I know not everybody thinks as I do. I would accept it though, if the exterior looked realistic and the only change is a set of 'hidden doors', which it kind of looks like from the one screen, but obviously haven't seen the whole thing.

I personally wouldn't mind it having those doors so long as they were seamless when closed. Considering we can't actually send kerbals down the tunnels in IVAs and interact, cannot really see a much better way to "simulate" accessing cargo from the docked Dragon.

I personally wouldn't mind it having those doors so long as they were seamless when closed. Considering we can't actually send kerbals down the tunnels in IVAs and interact, cannot really see a much better way to "simulate" accessing cargo from the docked Dragon.

Here's how it looks closed:

DragonCargo2.png

What about ship manifest, crew manifest, kerbal xtransfer, there are plenty of mods where you can transfer kerbals without IVA and KAS. Also you press alt and right click and you can transfer whatever resources you want.

Ok, I've fixed all the landing gear and texture issues, added heat shield params to everything that should have them, completed and tested the Dragon V1 Cargo and am using a (hopefully) better server for downloads. Before I post the updates today is there anything else that hasn't been addressed?