What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I started a hardcore game.

Deadly Re-entry, TAC Life Support, Kerbal Construction Time, RealChutes, FAR, and Remote Tech. Reverting flights is disabled. (I've enabled quickloading to address occassional bugs that inevitably occur in modded games. :D )

KSP is scary again.

Also, I made a helicopter. Kinda.

aUnyh6r.jpg

Put a few more touches on my Laythe VTOL Dropship.

Gonna use it to move supplies and other vehicles around on-planet.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Lifting stuff isn't too bad, but putting stuff back down without breaking it... that's a bit harder.

Winches are from KAS

Edited by Slam_Jones

Well, after a brief break from KSP (due to tons of large ships, stations, platforms, etc. in .235 and a VERY old, slow PC) I fired up a new I7, 16gig, GTX 760 and re-visited KSP .90. Decided all was now right with the universe and updated a few mods I use and copied over my pinnacle of a save file (containing months of work). All was well as I fired up KSP, all flights still going strong. Checked in with 3 or 4 Kethane drillers diligently working away gathering the oh so great elixir for the multi-fuel conversion platforms I have floating in space. Decided to take a peek with one of the platforms. Did a Switch To and in all it glory, there it is......and 5 seconds later, the physics kick in and I get to witness the greatest and most detailed explosions I've ever seen in KSP (thanks NVidia GTX 760!!!!). Ok, just a fluke I thought. Needless to say, after an hour of switching to each station or platform I have, they all have met the same great fiery excitement of the first. WTH???? Decided to load one of the saved ship craft files. Looked beautiful in the VAB. Even better on the launch pad. Decided to not waste time with the launch and HyperEdited it in to orbit. About 5 seconds after displaying on the screen...yep...to oblivion!!!

Well, not sure why .90 doesn't like the .235 ships that are over 100+ parts, but at least it is consistent!! Guess I'll wipe everything out and spend some serious time rebuilding everything from scratch..... :(

A probe was sent to Minmus do fulfill the exploration contract and later used to hop to four locations specified by another contract. Efficient use of hardware I dare say.

The probe is now awaiting a manned mission to recover the experiments, especially the gooy ones.

First Mun Landing (in 0.90) was a full success and the same vehicle may be usable for a Minmus expedition.

Set up a simple orbital station at 250km over Kerbin, just two crew cabins, a lab and a few utilities - all to satisfy our customer! :wink:

This also marked the first time (FF mod) of a docking maneuver, the control capsule undocked from the one end of the station cylinder and joined up with the ascend stage docked to the other end; both where then succesfully deorbited and Jeb plucked some rare flowers for the lab guys on the way back home.

Working on my Modular Minmus Base prototypes. I never would have been able to do this without the offset gizmo. The subtle variations in height end up building and building until the side-docks are all off kilter. But with the gizmos... oh my how perfect it is. With multi-docks for extra OCD alignment. I just hope that the Minmus flats are slippery enough to permit these to slide around so I can dock them together.

TqFWOkb.png

Only have place for one Kerbal in the ascent stage... Can I ascent on a ladder?

I think you could if you had a little platform at the base of the ladder to prevent them from sliding off. http://youtu.be/aG1hE70fE3E?t=11s

Otherwise he'll slip away and fall to his death.

Also you can't time accelerate when you have a Kerb on the ladder.

I built a spaceplane to go in my spaceplane: the SF-5 Jart.

2rf79dz.jpg

And yes, it fits inside the Mk3 cargo bays.

I've tested it on a few atmospheric flights to great success, so next up I'll be seeing if it's got enough power to reach orbit.

I have just successfully tested my new Grand Tour Lander. It is the smallest Tylo landing / return solution i have developed so far.

The bottom stage delivers 3.3k of delta Velocity and TWR on Tylo between 1.00 and 2.36. The upper stage packs even more punch and comes with 3.6k of delta Velocity and a TWR on Tylo between 2.00 and 7.09.

While the bottom stage will be left back on Tylo, the upper stage will serve as landing vehicle for Bop, Val and Pol as well. The upper stage weighs only 4.6 tons fully fueled and features two jr. docking ports to dock on additional science equipment and a rover for the non-Tylo missions.

Some minor tweaking here and there and i will make the craft available for download.

IzH5I5J.png

And Jebediah Kerman on EVA after a little landing test. The landing legs will need a bit more clearance for sure...

WeoYFVB.png

Edited by Frank_G
Added another picture

Today Bilner finally got his first glimpses of home for his nearly 5 year mission out to Eve.

HoxTn5w.png

After a slingshot around the south pole the Eve mission starts its last braking maneuver around Kerbin

qsvDCPn.png

After the pull of gravity from Eve, Bilner feels like a super hero when ever he jumps......or this craft was sponsored by Toyota!

dNFOMO3.png

Finally conquered the Mun in career. Not having the unlimited weight launchpad was a thorn in my eye, but with a bit of experimenting and KSP forum advice Jeb finally got there :cool:

Mungoer I vessel

DL9zhSf.jpg

Are we there yet!?

RhHQZNc.jpg

Some times this game can look absolutely beautiful, even with low-rez stock textures.

PBhiScW.jpg

I was recommended to use the LV-909 instead of the Poodle, and it made a big difference not only in reduced mass, but even more so in the ease of landing, with a much more controllable rate of descent.

jtbptDW.jpg

I had enough fuel left to land on Kerbin, but that didn't fully work out due to my own fault. I actually hit the ground at about 50m/s and bounced back (makes sense with 12m/s landing leg tolerance but looked like ...), slowed down a bit more and crashed. Jeb is alright, as are the experiments.

VNGpDjH.jpg

Now for piece-of-cake Minmus.

Took off from Tylo. That first attempt ended in disaster when two engines mysteriously cut out, only for one to reignite and make the lander cartwheel. 16240358445_f4d0b03abf_o.png

On the second try I had to make do with two engines most of the way. Jeb was not best pleased. The ship didn't quite make orbit, I finished off with about 0.7 units of EVA fuel.

16215374966_02f454b962_o.png