What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I finally completed the Tylo mission in my 1.0.x career mode game.

tylo_mission_1.jpeg

Because the TWR was low even for my standards, I raised the apoapsis a couple of times before the final transfer burn.

tylo_mission_2.jpeg

tylo_mission_3.jpeg

tylo_mission_4.jpeg

tylo_mission_5.jpeg

tylo_mission_6.jpeg

tylo_mission_7.jpeg

I didn't intend to aerobrake on the return trip. I abandoned the lander before leaving Tylo in order to get some margin of error. The ship had around 3000 m/s left with the lander and 3500 m/s without.

tylo_mission_8.jpeg

Now I just need to launch something to retrieve the crew.

Edit: I had some spare time, so I decided to get the crew back to Kerbin. Unfortunately my space program wasn't advanced enough to build a reasonable crew shuttle with four passenger slots, so I had to build something unreasonable.

space_taxi_1.jpeg

space_taxi_2.jpeg

I also forgot the docking port in the hurry.

space_taxi_3.jpeg

space_taxi_4.jpeg

Edited by Jouni

Been turning my Payload Fraction Challenge entry into an orange tank taxi driver, welcome the SMA OrbitMaster. A bit more fuel, a bit more low down power, some extra directional control and it's quite nice to fly. Delivered an orange tank to 80x80 orbit and return. Also landed on the runway at night, I have never done that before from orbit.

IRRDC80.pngKbkWfyA.pnglpABNHu.png

After three aerobraking passes to lower the Ap from near Ike orbit, I finally landed my mining ship on Duna, complete with 1000 units of Ikean ore to complete a contract. It "only" took 6 sorties down to Ike to replenish the monoprop and ox aboard the tug /CRV orbiting above, as well as adding some fuel for the Nervas (I don't even want to think how many more trips it would have been to completely fill that Jumbo tank (Stock Fuel Switch, all fuel in the Jumbo). But the science! Once Jeb gets back to Kerbin, it'll finish the tech tree and then some!

wHMGUG3.png

Today i improved my previous spaceplane (is now v3.3) with a sigh. Because i find out 50t spaceplane doesn't need the amount of lift as i expected and LF in Big-S Delta Wing cost 3t in 300 units while MK1 LF Fuselage give full 400 units only 2.25t. In return that gave me more burn time to build up my speed flying in atmosphere in a lighter weight plane. Can't help to think there will be a tweak about this in future, because no reason LF can change its weight as in the same amount. :huh:

Edit: OH Silly me! I compared single MK1 LF Fuselage with 2 Big-S Delta Wings. Disregard that, it's been a long day for me..

rS9XPpN.png

Edited by TokiTech

While my armada may have missed the Duna window my probe ship finally arrived (it got a little lost on the way...)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Ok so the pictures don't tell the full story. The "orbital probe" wasn't really orbital, I was just unable to retract the solar panels, it touched down later. The second probe core I dropped came in too steep and suffered a rapid unplanned disassembly event. The third core (touchdown) was the first one to behave the way it was supposed to, 4th core did the same.

All in all their only true purpose was to essentially be survey markers, I dropped them in high concentrated ore areas and the one that looks like the best place to be a colony will be it... Next Duna window.

Today... I decided to finish my prototype of a drone named the Anacondrai-300 with some added features...

Tried launching my space shuttle into space... It decided to spontaneously explode...

And finally... *Game Crash*

tinkered with spaceplanes....unsuccessfully....again

they're just weird, no other word for it, for example, what on earth (or Kerbin) could cause roll to suddenly invert at high speed?

it was fine at low speed, Q would roll left, E would roll right, once it got up to about 800 m/s it had the opposite effect. :confused:

tinkered with spaceplanes....unsuccessfully....again

they're just weird, no other word for it, for example, what on earth (or Kerbin) could cause roll to suddenly invert at high speed?

it was fine at low speed, Q would roll left, E would roll right, once it got up to about 800 m/s it had the opposite effect. :confused:

The reasons are many and varied, a craft file or picture would go a long way to solve your problem, probably in the gameplay questions thread.

The reasons are many and varied, a craft file or picture would go a long way to solve your problem, probably in the gameplay questions thread.

Many thanks, I'll do that.

Awesome space-station Commander Zoom, great design

Thanks! I'm surprised it worked out as well as it did, being very much an ad-hoc construction - a temporary staging base for the Jool Expedition, who arrived and will depart aboard the interplanetary vessel Veda 2 (taking that whole arm with them); by that time, more orange tanks holding their return fuel will arrive and be incorporated into the structure, other bits will be reshuffled around, and the probes currently attached to the service modules on the two near arms will be scattered over the surface of various moons. I'm going to try to keep it as symmetrical as I can, and leave it in good condition for any hypothetical future visitors.

Thanks! I'm surprised it worked out as well as it did, being very much an ad-hoc construction - a temporary staging base for the Jool Expedition, who arrived and will depart aboard the interplanetary vessel Veda 2 (taking that whole arm with them); by that time, more orange tanks holding their return fuel will arrive and be incorporated into the structure, other bits will be reshuffled around, and the probes currently attached to the service modules on the two near arms will be scattered over the surface of various moons. I'm going to try to keep it as symmetrical as I can, and leave it in good condition for any hypothetical future visitors.

Cool, it would be great if you can post more pics as your missions go ahead.

LKO was getting cluttered with debris in my career mode game, so I decided to do something about it. Instead of just deleting the debris, I built a cheap shuttle to recover it.

debris_recovery_1.jpeg

debris_recovery_2.jpeg

debris_recovery_3.jpeg

For some reason, the shuttle bounced off the runway several times before finally landing.

Edit: I flew another debris recovery mission, this time for a paying customer.

debris_recovery_4.jpeg

It seems that I prefer shuttles over proper spaceplanes. Maybe it's because shuttles are much easier to design and fly.

Edited by Jouni

I built this:

eweeMux.jpgDfrlk6H.jpg

Oh, and it lands, too. Not like a brick, like a plane.

25gKFn8.jpg

The so-called "Plane" is based on the one from

. I wanted to see if it still worked as it had before against the new aero. It somehow did.

I got it as close as I could to the original, but there are some areas where it's defferent because I didn't take the craft file and because of the new wings in 0.25.

Edited by RyanRising
I like editing! Don't you?

I got a little bored with having to respawn aircraft at the end of the runway when training (er, tormenting) Kerbals so I decided to make a ground vehicle that could serve as a fueling tanker for aircraft I have already scattered around the space center. I'd like to thank 76989-NathanKell and the others who have worked tirelessly to rejuvenate one of my favorite mods, LLL and LLL+ (Lack Luster Labs).

So, here's the end result and it is fully functional. Kinda curious to see what others think...

2015-07-04_00008_zpsadx4b6yk.jpg

2015-07-04_00009_zpsoiinrtzk.jpg

I have to relaunch my Drive Ring...because I accidentally staged before the engine was done burning...and I ended up with a highly elliptical orbit which is hard for my fuel tanker to get at. Relaunching after this post.

Well it looks like my 1.0.2 space train to Duna might be hopelessly borked, there's some glitch with the cargo lander that seems to make Duna's atmosphere as thick as Eve's-- the lander flips out even 30 kilometers up. So I decided to start playing around with 64k on a separate 1.0.4 install. Needed to do some prototyping for a very special flight by Valentina...

KerbinSide kinda-sorta works... it'll launch from KSC2 but there's nothing there...

4BTNqEB.png

The buildings ARE actually there, but there in this pit a few KM from the launch site.

ISJ0DUp.png

EVE clouds are stuck at ground level too... still waiting on how to fix this

hXMIQLm.png

and re-entry is, well, challenging :P

But I'm reminded how much I missed the 6.4x scale. Just something about it seems the perfect blend of challenge & gamey-ness to me. Now to finish Valentina's next chapter...

bWJQ6UX.png