What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

What have you got those sepatrons for, out of curiosity?

They are part of launch escape system (2 separatrons and chute on the back of cockpit) - I'm not very good pilot and got tired of killing kerbals in test flights, landing attempts on KSC airstrip and so on.

Enjoy playing KSP on a decent enough pc that my launches are running smooth as glass and can use the default settings. Basicly so this is what it would be like if it was optimized better for my dead lap top. Anyways. My ISP is either being a dick, something wrong with their servers or something on my end, namely the box I connect to them with might be the problem.

Do not belittle yourself. The human species learned to walk upright millions of years ago and so billions did it before us, yet every parent will dance on the table at his toddler's first steps. :wink:

Exactly. Today i made my first orbital rendezvous without use of mechjeb or other similar assisting mods. Its so far from the first spark of fire for the cave-kerbals that im proud beyond all reason. I know it's considered something of a rite of passage for ksp players, but it means so much to my kerbals that i couldnt care less about what it meant for my meta-game (docking is a game-changer for interplanetary voyages obviously, but it pales into insignificance next to the sheer accomplishment for my little green guys)

(edit: disclaimer; drunk as allhell, forgiuve typos/bad english/fireballs/dead kerbals))

Edited by celem

I've built my first working VTOL (OK, it's more like VTOSL, since it tips off when trying to land vertically), which is also the first stable aircraft I've ever designed (at ~175 m/s it has an altitude change of several metres per minute, allowing me to leave it unattended for more than a minute :D)

11k9hlv.jpg

I like the small prob (post #3503) so I did likewise times 7 on a rocket bound for Jool. I do not know if it will work but experimenting can be fun.

d66wxBS.png

An interesting experiment with those can probes. They were placed in close orbit around Mun and Minmus and needed some monoprop fuel to complete the maneuver. Both had sufficient monoprop fuel for return to Kerban. Even more interesting, it took less monoprop to bring the Minmus probe back home. The key, of course, is their light weight.

pTrVwUV.jpg

Return from Minmus;

pYYS8gf.jpg

Return from Mun;

bzJ42LM.jpg

An interesting experiment with those can probes. They were placed in close orbit around Mun and Minmus and needed some monoprop fuel to complete the maneuver. Both had sufficient monoprop fuel for return to Kerban. Even more interesting, it took less monoprop to bring the Minmus probe back home. The key, of course, is their light weight.

Nicely Done! :-) - BJQ

Decided to play with my modded engines again and see if I could beat my low-altitude record. I figured that with one engine, I was having fun, so why not strap 6 of these 1680 kN thrust engines.

First image is on approach, second is the record, and third is landed. Sorry for the night-shot on landing.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I built the simplest return pod I could. No parachutes - just winglets for airbraking and cubic struts for the crash landing at 180 m/s. Designed for completely vertical drops.

Unfortunately, only Jeb wants to get into it...

Images are backwards because imgur mobile is awful. Posting link because mobile has no bbcode link.

http://imgur.com/a/pGli1

I finally finished my movie.

It's inspired by the Apollo "J-class" missions (Apollo 15, 16 and 17).

The craft file is available for download here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14176520/Falcon%20III.craft

All mods used are listed in the closing credits.

Note: This movie was filmed in KSP 0.21 (yeah, seriously, it took me that long to edit this thing) using the versions of the mods available at that time. I have not tested this craft in 0.22 or with newer versions of those mods (if any). If you have issues loading the craft, please ask for help here.

[TABLE=width: 800]

<tbody>[TR]

[TD]Today Donmore and Carson took the new Banshee II-A (modified for greater control authority, lighter and more powerful orbital engines, improved landing gear clearance and AoA on the ground) on a sub-orbital flight up to the Northern Ice Sheet.

Donmore played Chariots of Fire throughout the flight. Carson weathered the abuse without so much as a smirk.

screenshot705.png

Banshee lived up to its name, achieving speeds of up to 859m/s at an altitude of about 18km

screenshot713.png

Having successfully landed near the north pole, Carson steps out for a photo op and barely even cracks a smile.

screenshot716.png

Test flight series SSTO(A)-02 results:

• Banshee II-A: Airframe stable, all test points cleared. Recommend advancement to orbital test flight program, following stability refinements to aft landing gear assemblies suggested by primary pilot.
  • Donmore Kerman: Further training recommended to refine participant's airmanship and professionalism while on-duty
  • Carson Kerman: Recommend assignment and training as primary pilot and commanding officer attached to planned HSOC-01 "Spectre" Duna Explorer deployment, effective immediately

[/TD]

[/TR]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

Edited by Deadweasel

Hey, I flew to the north pole, too!

except with a cruddy craft using only the first tier of aero parts :sticktongue:

a BLAZING speed of about 300m/s... it took a while, but I've never done it before, so I wanted to try.

screenshot171_zps5af97970.png

I want to unlock the next few tiers, now. I've never known how to build a stable plane before, and now that I can, I want to actually try and design a cargo SSTO.

Edited by User Unrelated

Hey, I flew to the north pole, too!

except with a cruddy craft using only the first tier of aero parts :sticktongue:

a BLAZING speed of about 300m/s... it took a while, but I've never done it before, so I wanted to try.

*-snip-*

I want to unlock the next few tiers, now. I've never known how to build a stable plane before, and now that I can, I want to actually try and design a cargo SSTO.

Lots of fun, isn't it? :D

Banshee was my first successful design as well, and it's stability is almost unparalleled with anything else I've flown, which is why it always comes along whenever there's an update to the game (and why I'll bawl like a baby if an update ever breaks B9 Aerospace permanently)

Currently found a few places upon the Mün around the Far East Crater that looks like decent bases or the very least an outpost to contain back up food supplies as well as comm stations. Going to have to get my steam user file off old HD from dead PC once more. Just to get the pics that where on it for KSP. Have 2 missions 1 heading to the Mün and orbit there so when Jeb finds a good spot they can come in and take samples hopefully. The other is a probe that is leaving Kerbin SOI to aquire some data on what it is like beyond it as well as enough fuel I hope to let it return to Kerbin. As I would like to get the science points from leaving Kerbin's SOI and getting an orbit around the Sun.

Put in a lot of docking practice and expanded my LKO station considerably.

Much aided by my new launcher which has been letting me send upto 90 tonnes at a time, I lifted some 10,000 units of fuel into place.

Decided to put my new docking skills to use and build apollo-style cm/lander designs for each planet, installed alarm clock and got them all parked round kerbin.

Got bored waiting for transfer windows and sent my station to Duna intercept instead, mainly to see if I could, looks like it will establish LDO just fine with 10% fuel margin. It masses 348 tonnes and took some 6 orbits to get onto a vaguely acceptable trajectory.

Edited by celem

Played my career game this evening; brought Jeb back from Duna with over 1000 science points. Made getting ahold of PB-NUKs my priority. Mainsails were next on the list but I'm wondering if there are any other techs I really want more (there have been some awesome Mainsail workarounds posted on the forums lately).

Next on the list is a probe arrival at Eeloo; not sure what I'm going to do in the career game next; thinking either a Gilly or Dres landing with a Kerbal.