Figured it was time to say Hello! :)

GeorgeT93

Hi everyone!

I just thought I'd take a minute to say hello to my fellow KSP'ers. I've been lurking here in the forums for the last couple of weeks, since I first purchased the game on Steam. I haven't really felt like I've had much, if anything to contribute to all the posts I've read, but they've certainly helped me along in learning some of the more advanced features of the game (I'm still trying to figure out the node system to make it beyond the Mun. Thus far, I've only managed a successful round-trip to the Mun, but have sent many, many missions off to Duna that have wound up drifting off into the deep reaches of space with no remaining fuel LOL!) In any case, I've already logged 106 hours playtime (according to Steam), and while I've had a lot more failure than success, I have to say that I've NEVER had so much FUN at failing at a game!! In fact, I even managed to get one of my brothers to try the demo, and he got hooked on that, and also bought the game. :)

Kudos to the developers, as I've wanted a game like this for as long as I can remember. I'm absolutely amazed at how stable and fun the alpha is, and am looking forward to years of fun with KSP through the alphas, betas, and releases!

Anyhow, I just wanted to take a minute to say "hi" and introduce myself to the community. :)

-George

Thanks for the welcomes! :) I did notice on facebook that the new update will be out soon, and while I'm definitely looking forward to it, I'm still having a great time with the game in its current state. So if it takes the devs more time to get the next update out, I'm ok with that. I knew when purchasing it, that I was getting an alpha product, and so I already came in knowing that updates don't always get released at their expected time, due to things like last-minute bugs and such that are found and need to be fixed before releasing. I'm of the "better late and stable" mindset rather than the "give it to me now and let me complain about what doesn't work right" mindset. lol! :)

Thanks again for the welcomes, and I look forward to getting to know my fellow KSP'ers better, and hope that as I learn more, that I'm able to contribute to the community in the way so many of you KSP veterans already do! :) Great game and a great community!

-George

Welcome to the forums, both of you! :)

Interplanetary transfers are definitely finicky little things, but like just about everything else in this game, they get a little easier once you know a few tricks that can help you. The Drawing Board (link in my sig) has a few tutorials and guides covering the subject that you might want to check out, and if you still have questions about the specifics, feel free to stop by the "How To" forums and ask.

Happy landings!