Kerbinary pixelated flags and symbols Inc. - 23-5-2013 More Symbols.

MmPMSFmM

Kjfrs8L.png

Hello, I'm PMSF. I'm the maker of these flags, and this is my story.

9-5-2013: I find the flags by Holo and I was like "This looks pretty cool. Let's see how good I'm with this.".

10-5-2013: Early in the morning I come back and show my versions. I was actually very impressed myself. Later that day, I return with 2:3(ish) versions of my flag.

14-5-2013: The issue of KSP Weekly comes out. Which features the Flags Megathread. I was already aware of the existence of the tread but I chose to ignore it.

18-5-2013: I read KSP Weekly and decided to give the .20 flags a try. I come back with a flag with the 8:5 (256x160) resolution needed. Later that day I opened this Thread to show off all of my flags to the public.

wbZNL9f.png

aoRn3qL.png

Ka5R1m6.png

Sn1vcQB.pngTOO4gAi.png

VDf7i6J.pngIqkxkic.png49Cb5wc.png

3JyzB6p.pngvoBWtdb.png

xKUI614.png

gzggfpA.pngx25Tn9V.pngOG3NUjt.pngmbBTdPY.pngPmFdggM.pngA4gvs0O.png

BYnNEZp.png

Download 9.22 KB

63IYZn7.png

Co01PlV.png

LnG0BhH.png

In the past: Made 17 little flags for all planets, moons and Stars in the Kerbol System.

18-5-2013:

17:21 CEST: Made flags compatible with 0.20 flags & changed the Kerbin symbol slightly.

21:21 CEST: Edited Kerbol symbol to a much more fancy one.

19-5-2013:

13:05 CEST: Uploaded my symbol storage.

14:18 CEST: I swear! I did not change the layout of my thread!

13-5-2013: Due to .20

18:42 CEST: Added 49 new normal symbols and 6 fancy symbols. Also, the flags are now downloadable.

80x15.png

These works are licensed under under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.

Edited by MmPMSFmM
.20 Update

Thanks, Very kind of you.

-snip-

A new flag: Kerbol

See OP!

I've decided to upload bigger 0.20 flag compatible versions. Making 20/25 of my spare symbols moon-compatible. See OP for new flags.

Edited by MmPMSFmM
Edit 1; New flag: Kerbol. Edit 2; Misread it. Edit 3; How about .20 Flags eh?

I like the flag of Kerbol, but it seems a bit too similar to the planetary flags.

Good point, I felt something was missing as well.

So I went to my storage of symbols (which I made today) and took a very fancy one. One not capable of being the symbol of a planet with a moon. I replaced it and put the old symbol back in the storage.

This is the result:

U1o2lR1.png

I have a few more fancy symbols. For when more stars come, or asteroid groups/belts.

I like making the fancy symbols. It takes some time, and therefore keeps me busy.

Edit: I've got 51 Normal Symbols and 4 Fancy ones. Are some too similar to each other or the ones in the OP? And what do you think?

IrJF8jU.png

Edit 2: The stupid thing about making symbols: I keep getting the urge to remove/hide anything that looks like a Christian Cross. Just because making them is near inevitable.

Edited by MmPMSFmM
Symbols.

They're all probably rickrolls or something.

They don't work at all. This would require a different layout of the code.

Anyway, Due to the .20 update I've uploaded the flags, so they can be downloaded and used. I've also added 49 normal and 6 fancy symbols to the symbol storage.

If you would like to have a custom made flag/symbol reply to the topic or PM me.

If you want a symbol for the Sun, try this:

CP-pulsar.gif

EDIT: Also, I've designed a way to encode words into a symbol, so if you want to know more, tell me.

Edited by Holo

Someone try scanning these as QR Codes... At least the black/white ones.

That said, I REALLY like these. While it's kinda not my style to use someone else's flags in my own game, it does inspire me to make a similar set, which I can actually kinda do, but likely never will..

Say, what program did you use to make these?

These codes cannot be scanned as QR codes I'm afraid. For this to be scanned as one, it needs to be black white reversed and the blocks are missing.

I know that feel...

I used Gamemaker 8.1 (free). I use it because you can easily access multiple files without having to load every single one of them separately.

However, this can be done in Paint.net, with GIMP and even with MS Paint, but I'm just used to using this...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.