TT's Mod Releases - Development suspended till further notice

TouhouTorpedo

oh wow.

i thought this thread was dead..

then i looked at the last page hehe

anyway you said the multiwheels 0.6 still works for the latest version right?

how do i install it exactly? (i mean step by step, trying a couple times still wont work/show up the parts)

update:

the part show up...

but i cant make my rover run....

i tried the saved rover.... still cant run

Edited by Koolkei

The command seat "filler" is a great contribution, thanks.

@TouhouTorpedo: you have edited the first post but without giving any hint of what was updated/edited, as it is a bit full of things, it's hard to know what was changed :/.

Newest stuff always goes at the top! Only recent change is Pitch Vector Engine 3. (There has been an update to 0.3.1 but its only a minor tweak to add an intake to the scorpion engine, most people would never notice the change) The Command Seat filler is not officially yet released as it's still got problems (any reports on this mods bugs are appreciated)

I've also got a Firespitter Expansion pack on the way, I want a few more parts in it to make it worth the download before I release it though (unless the demand is high for the three parts it includes). Here's a sneaky:

4TGtpLZ.png

the intakes are in TTFS expansion pack as well as a shorter version of those intakes, and it also has a FS oblong tricoupler which is how the intakes are mounted where they are.

oh wow.

i thought this thread was dead..

then i looked at the last page hehe

anyway you said the multiwheels 0.6 still works for the latest version right?

how do i install it exactly? (i mean step by step, trying a couple times still wont work/show up the parts)

update:

the part show up...

but i cant make my rover run....

i tried the saved rover.... still cant run

Are you using the rover controls you have set? It should work fine. Also be sure you have unzipped the mod into your KSP folder, not the Gamedata folder.

Are you using the rover controls you have set? It should work fine. Also be sure you have unzipped the mod into your KSP folder, not the Gamedata folder.

doesn't the control work by default? like stock rover wheels?

and yes i unzipped it OUTSIDE the Gamedata forlder

but there's a 'plugins' folder from your mod and 'PluginData' from squad itself. so i put the 'plugin' into the 'PluginData' folder

besides that. nothing, like other folders, i keep them in the KSP main directory....

doesn't the control work by default? like stock rover wheels?

and yes i unzipped it OUTSIDE the Gamedata forlder

but there's a 'plugins' folder from your mod and 'PluginData' from squad itself. so i put the 'plugin' into the 'PluginData' folder

besides that. nothing, like other folders, i keep them in the KSP main directory....

well that's why it doesn't work, don't mess with the file order.

Thanks. I look forward to your next update. Ive been using your parts for a long time, they are great additions to the game.

agreed

i just love the multiwheels

and accidentally, the second rover i built with this mod could drift all the way along the KSP area......

(was testing how much power would 12 flat 4 engine produced. it was immense)

any plans for updating this mod?

this would be a great rover for ET planets

I get an issue with your seat filler:

- there is a little camera glitch when kerbal is coming from EVA to the seat,

- the "hatch" I guess is visible (a white box on the seat),

- kerbal can't leave the seat, or they just explode ("... collided into EAS cs")

-more funny:

- after kerbal was "poofed", we can do things with context menu and "shuntairlock" make the box grow on one axis and move up,

- a revert to launch just after kerbal was poofed without shunting airlock make kerbal jump out the seat on each "revert to launch" (not always, weird).

- we can grab the seat (KAS) it will disappear

+ there is a harmless warning when launching craft (regarding the thing has no control at all).

Edited by Justin Kerbice

I get an issue with your seat filler:

- there is a little camera glitch when kerbal is coming from EVA to the seat,

- the "hatch" I guess is visible (a white box on the seat),

- kerbal can't leave the seat, or they just explode ("... collided into EAS cs")

-more funny:

- after kerbal was "poofed", we can do things with context menu and "shuntairlock" make the box grow on one axis and move up,

- a revert to launch just after kerbal was poofed without shunting airlock make kerbal jump out the seat on each "revert to launch" (not always, weird).

- we can grab the seat (KAS) it will disappear

+ there is a harmless warning when launching craft (regarding the thing has no control at all).

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, the Camera glitch is unfortunately unavoidable due to how it works. As I don't really know how to "Spawn" a Kerbal into the world with the right characteristics to be on the seat and in command, the easiest way is to more or less force built in functions to occur, which is what it does. The camera jumping around is the vessels quickly switching between vessel, kerbal, vessel, kerbal, etc.

Kerbals not being able to leave the seat is 50/50 - doesn't always happen but yes, sometimes does. I've got an idea what causes it, I need to investigate it. In the meantime there is a solution - the fault does not occur in persistant saves. So if you want to get the kerbal back out, switch to space center, then back to the vessel, and the kerbal will be free.

Not sure I get whats happened with the revert there. Shunting airlock is a bit of a redundant feature from before i messed with kerbal collisions. The KAS problem sounds a bit alarming, though. The hatch being visible is a development feature that helps me see what's going on. Not really needed now though so it will be disabled.

I think I can make the warning at launch go away, though it'll probably be a hacky solution.

Till Squad actually allows seats to be commanded from the get go, hacky is what it'll have to be...

Ok, the easiest way to make seat behave as other command pods/cockpits is to add a dummy node on top somewhere (even 1 m above, we don't care), so it can be use as the first part of a vessel, which may (or not) allow to put these stubborn kerbals into it without the need of a disposable command pod. + iconfig needs to be tweaked a bit regarding crewcapacity and other. This idea worth to dig a bit before playing with KSP internal things.

By the way, it's on 0.23 with the 0.4.6 KAS release (the latest compatible), KSP seems to be confuse where the kerbal actually is and his death might let an immortal soul nearby :D a ghost perhaps which can still do thing in the physical world.

In fact I don't think it worth all the time and energy spent on it, for just fill the seat(s)... unless for people preparing an invasion or a massive evacuation.

Nice Videos, Rivvik! I'm suprised you're not using any intermediate settings on those engines though. Why not move all the engines to 45 degrees on the Vega rather than moving half of them to full then the other half? Or even split it down into 30, 60, 90?

The Firesplitter Expansion pack I'll need to make one more model before I want to release it, it's not too complicated but just getting around to doing it.

At the moment I'm focusing on getting everything modernized and up to date, so firstly I'm upgrading the MK3 IVA to make use of both Module Manager and Rasterprop Monitor. It will be provided in both the old style (with no additional mods needed to play) and this new style below. (currently only one side made, need to mirror the instruments layout)

rKNKRA9.png

I'd like to know if anyone has any thoughts on this layout or ways they'd suggest improving it, otherwise I think I'll just mirror these instruments on the other side and leave it at that.

Nice Videos, Rivvik! I'm suprised you're not using any intermediate settings on those engines though. Why not move all the engines to 45 degrees on the Vega rather than moving half of them to full then the other half? Or even split it down into 30, 60, 90?

Cuz I'm not that good at it yet. LOL

Also I updated the Vega a bit, as well. I want to be able to take off perfectly vertical. The challenge now is breaking to be able to descend vertically. I should see about setting the lower vtols to a negative angle to slow the craft...

(Ignore the crazy takeoff angle...I was watching Game of Thrones and was distracted)

EDIT: RE: MK3 internals: I would move the throttle to a middle partition and that might give you enough space to put an angled screen in its place. Then you could easily mirror it for a total of 6 screens.

EDIT 2: Possibly put windows on either side of that one panel with the handle too? I dunno.

Edited by Rivvik

Liking the mod, unfortunately it appears not to play well with RCS Build Aid. The yellow Center of Thrust lines are off-center when you change the initial pitch.

B9 VTOLs do not suffer from this, I can use the preset to change angle in editor and the yellow CoT lines draw just fine.

Not sure if this is just an editor bug or if the CoT is not where you actually think it is, I suspect it is OK as the default purple CoT indicator is aligned just fine.

Any ideas why?

NEW RELEASE!

MK3 Cockpit Internals RasterPropMonitor Edition v0.3

KSPSpaceportMK3cockpitinternal3.png

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/mk3-cockpit-internals/

Two versions included, a new RasterPropMonitor and ModuleManager driven glass cockpit in its own folder using the PART{} system, and the classic version which overwrites Squad files with an analogue cockpit. (but is also on PART{} now)

This mod also slightly modifies the Navball in RasterPropMonitor to add a Throttle Gauge. the set up file for that is free for anyone to use for anything. Otherwise the license which applies for the mod is on the spaceport page and in the readme files of either install.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.