TT's Mod Releases - Development suspended till further notice

TouhouTorpedo

Indeed, I'd love to use your wheels again.

Then do! It may be on the old mod system but is still compatible if unzipped in the KSP main directory

any chance on a Modular Multiwheels update :o??

As above in the meantime, but this will be a long way down the line. Theres a lot I want to add and right now I'm limited for time.

At most, I might get a quick fix out that'll switch to the new mod system. (as no one remembers the old one anymore or reads the instructions for how to install it, but it does still work if installed in the right place and not gamadata.)

Another thing I'd like to do is put together a mod that strips transforms from other mods, so they can run off my own plugins. Theres a lot of nice wheels and vtol engines out there, but I've never liked what they run on. (hence I made my own)

Currently working on:

Updating MK3E to PART{}

Updating MK3Crew to PART{}

Planned soon:

Update MK4 to PART{}, add adapter for 3.75m fuselage

Finish last part for TTFS expansion, release

Update MM to PART{} standard (maybe, I may end up just doing the other option)

Future Ideas: (too time consuming at the moment to do)

When I do next big update for Multiwheels: (if theres more or any thoughts on this let me know)

- Fix for incorrect axis by switching to reference transform instead of vessel transform. Should allow vessel docking to work properly.

- Adjustable max steering axis via tweakables

- Possible switch for each wheel type to one part, and control the type (visually and otherwise) via the tweakables in VAB/SPH only so it's less clogging on the screen. A big problem with this though is it'll make old saves incompatible, unless I made a save file / craft file converter or something which isn't impossible.

- perhaps in wheel electric motors (tweakables add/remove VAB/SPH only)

- might consider rebalancing the mass of some parts

- technodes, obv. Truckwheels would be on the starting items, it'd be hard to believe Kerbals could master rocket engines before wheels.

Concept : Pitch Vector Structure

- with rewrite of Pitch Vector Engine code and some bits of the Kerbal Seat mod, and a game I started making in Unity, I might be able to create a system much like the Infernal Robotics but with the controllability of Pitch Vector Engine.

Concept : High Warping Ion Engine

- I've advocated this for a long time and we ended up just getting higher thrust ion engines, which was the wrong approach far as I'm concerned. I'd like to try and see if I can have the orbital properties modified over higher warps then x4, simulating a long burn of an ion engine over the course of an orbital transfer. Be fairly hacky but I think it'd make them actually worth using for some different gameplay.

Edited by TouhouTorpedo

Looking forward to being able to open/close the cargo/bomb bays in SPH/VAB.

Actually you can - thats one of the things I planned to add to the opening post. Get "Tweakable Everything" mod. This is compatible with the MK3/MK4 cargo/bomb bay doors, and will let you open and close them in VAB/SPH!

Actually you can - thats one of the things I planned to add to the opening post. Get "Tweakable Everything" mod. This is compatible with the MK3/MK4 cargo/bomb bay doors, and will let you open and close them in VAB/SPH!

Interesting, thanks. Are you considering making use of the almost omnipresent Firespitter DLL instead so that this extra mod is not needed?

I found out that the Mk3 cockpit now uses a large node at the center rather than a small one towards the belly. Mk3 Expansions and Mk4 Fuselages does not attach correctly to current stock Mk3 fuselages. I have no idea whether you knew this already, but I'll point it out for good measure.:)

Edited by shynung

Is there a way to make the mk3 internal work with the mk5 cockpit in the b9 mod?

Sort of. you can edit the internals line in the cfg to be the same as in cfg included with the MK3 IVA mod. BUT:

The MK5 cockpit had been made originally to fit the MK3 IVA, but the windows were placed at the wrong scale by mistake (isn't this 1.25m - 1.00m thing fun?)

So the MK5 doesn't fit the MK3 IVA properly.

I tried installing the mod the old way I.E merging parts with parts (TT whee-

I know! This isn't compatible with career mode. Will adding a sciencetechrequired (or whatever its called) make it work?

I did this.

Just add

TechRequired = start

to every part. They will all be in the starting tech, but you have to still click on each part to research them individually (no science cost).

Great! I'll use the IVA in the MK5 then! The MK3 parts are too ugly nowadays. Might be an idea to update this in your OP, TT :-)

I'd rather not do that - although it does "work" and you can "see" out the windows, it's messy and you can see window edges of the actual cockpit outside from the inside, plus it's not quite in the right place due to how the two cockpits are built. Zoom in on and windows and you'll see it.

Great job, good to see the vectoring going to full use!

bit of advice for what I do when testing, fast forward to daytime first ;) can even do this on the space center view now before going to the SPH! It'll make your videos come out better.

A word of warning, I am considering not re-uploading anything after the move to Curse. This is in response to Squad's policy of having no interest in maintaining the history of the community, as proven by the previous forum blunder of losing enormous amounts of content and the following this up with the total shutdown of Spaceport. We've lost out twice before, back when there was no spaceport and Kerbal.net went down. We lost again when links, knowledge, etc was all lost on the forums. And losing again to Spaceport total shutdown is unacceptable. Reuploading to Curse would support Squads bad decisions, but equally since Squad incurs no cost to where uploads actually happen, the only way we can stand against this is simply not to upload at all.

I apologise if it does come to this, but there is only Squad to blame.

A word of warning, I am considering not re-uploading anything after the move to Curse. This is in response to Squad's policy of having no interest in maintaining the history of the community, as proven by the previous forum blunder of losing enormous amounts of content and the following this up with the total shutdown of Spaceport. We've lost out twice before, back when there was no spaceport and Kerbal.net went down. We lost again when links, knowledge, etc was all lost on the forums. And losing again to Spaceport total shutdown is unacceptable. Reuploading to Curse would support Squads bad decisions, but equally since Squad incurs no cost to where uploads actually happen, the only way we can stand against this is simply not to upload at all.

I apologise if it does come to this, but there is only Squad to blame.

Not that I don't understand your reasoning, but this would be a tragedy and a half to have entire segments of the community simply fall away, especially the big mod makers like yourself!

I wasn't even aware of the move you're referring to, and if there's no way to migrate these forums, it's going to be a heck of a dropoff. At least with the crash, there was something to start from; this just sounds like it's going to be a complete from-scratch transition (if I'm reading your intent correctly). O_o

(One positive aspect will be that we won't have to deal with the complete mess that Spaceport has become, at least)

EDIT:

I found the thread discussing the move, and it has been stated that the forums won't be moving. WHEW! Well, here's hoping the modders who think like you will find their own hosting methods for their projects at least.

Edited by Deadweasel

You misunderstand me, the problem isn't who the new hosting site is.

It's that Squad would happily nuke the current official repository, and every mod on it, regardless of what may be lost forever, simply because it'll save them money and effort.

If they would happily do the above, and then ship off to some third party that costs nothing, What makes anyone think they will not eventually shut down this forum permanently and erase all content here, and redirect everyone to the KSP reddit?

I am not intending to look for any replacement host whatsoever. If Squad wants to nuke my mods, so be it on them.

Edited by TouhouTorpedo