TT's Mod Releases - Development suspended till further notice

TouhouTorpedo

Are you maintaining this now?

Nope. From my post : "(TT made the mod and still maintains it)". Hmm..Hope the wording was as clear as I thought it was. "The mod" meaning TT's modular multiwheels. I just put together a quick update.

Happy wheel spinning.

Nope. From my post : "(TT made the mod and still maintains it)". Hmm..Hope the wording was as clear as I thought it was. "The mod" meaning TT's modular multiwheels. I just put together a quick update.

Happy wheel spinning.

Actually that is my fault, i read it wrong. I thought you ment he still maintains it, as in ownership. SO then i thought maybe he was taking a break and asked you to update it.

I read today in the license section of modular multiwheels readme file of 0.6 - "do not upload any modification of this mod pack". I think that's too bad but I'll remove my update because that's what he asked for. I'll leave my notes in case anyone wants to tinker with the cfgs, which is okay with the license.

Yeah, Real life is kinda crushing lately. I've got a pretty demanding job but got really ill recently, recovered a week ago, and now I've just got offered a trip abroad that I just can't say no to, and I've got enough holiday entitlement from work to take, but I'm gonna have to really work hard at it to make it worth the while.

So indeed I'm still gonna be dead for quite some time. Aside from that, I've got a project I'm planning to start soon to build a rocket of my own, so that's taking time too. (when you're ill at home for a long time, old ideas come up - heck the trip was an old idea and I bumped into a chance)

Thanks for the consideration localSol, I really appreciate it. Sometime down the line I think I will consider giving up my mods to someone else entirely. I'm not at that phase yet where I want to say this for sure though, but I think it isn't long away. I don't have much interest in making the parts career compatible, but I don't mind if a CFG replacement is made for doing that. When I get some free time I'll repack and reupload some mods with the new structure so thats easier to do. Since really I dont think the modder can so easily black and white when things should be available, career is a bit weird with mods like that.

Good luck and all that with the trip.

The wheels pack is probably one of my most used mods on KSP, with me and the friends who play it on my PC. Everything from Intercontinental Ballistic Mining Trucks to offroad all-terrain monsters and tiny little jeeps have graced Kerbin (Although we haven't really done much off-world, it's far too fun just driving and crashing trucks and occasionally flying planes on Kerbin) though I have a question;

Personally I find the car wheels don't work very well. Or at least, the suspension doesn't work as well as the truck wheels. I was attempting to do a personal modification of the pack with car-sized truck wheels to replace on some of my smaller jeep-like vehicles but I take it it's not as simple as rescale and scale adjustments as there's a few little annoyances of the wheels going farther down on the suspension than they should when uncompressed, and float a few inches up when on the floor/compressed. Other than that, they seem to work OK.

That something that I can fix my end for the personal tweak, or would that be more on the model side and thus not really doable easily?

Edited by KirbyHCI

Yeah its something you can fix yourself. Theres a value in the CFG "contactDisplace" Which is a tuning value for the height of the graphical wheel. Unity Wheels aren't wheels you see, they're sticks. And you make a wheel model follow a stick, but for some reason its not entirely accurate for me (probably something I did who knows) Anyway, it means if you rescale the wheel just tweak this value until it looks right. Try dropping it down to zero, then see how far past where you want to be you went.

I've got a few mild ideas on the Modular Multiwheels pack. First and foremost, I have to say I love the wheels! Driving around Kerbin is awesome, and these wheels make that so much better.

First idea I had was that I wish there were some double or triple thick wheels on the little wheel frame, for making proper hot rods. Maybe a set of thinner little wheels as well, or just a set in a different tire size, like you would use on an off-road truck.

Second basic idea that came to mind was to make another cab, this time car-styled so we could have a good IVA rover that fits the style of the awesome car wheels.

Third was the idea of making V segments of the engines. That way one could make inline, flat, or V engines. Preferably in 2 cylinder packs instead of 4, I think, would be nice.

I have to say, the Modular Multiwheels are by far my favorite wheel mod, and I use the MK3 cabin as well. And the MK3 IVA view. So many things that make my KSP experience much better. So I say Thank You! for the awesome mods that make a great game better!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to anyone keeping an eye on this thread. I just downloaded TT's Mk3 Cockpit Internals, and it's not working for my .22 career mode. Any help would be appreciated.

Hopefully helpful information:

I had already completed the tech tree in my save file when I dl'ed and installed the mod. The Mk3 Cockpit now does not appear in either the SPH or VAB. It does appear in the tech tree. I started a new sandbox and was able to use the Mk3 cockpit and the internals did work.

Are there any changes that I can make to the config files to fix this issue?

I'm going to start looking through the thread now to see if someone already hasn't figured this out.

I also just installed the Mk3 Crew cabin. Does this part need updated for .22 Career also?

Thanks in advance!

It doesn't seem like Rover ASAS works anymore. Anyone else know otherwise?

I just grabbed the source, made them MJ Rover AP compatible and did a few other small improvements and ported them to the tech system.

If TT is alright with it I can post that here but until I get an ok from him I won't cause I don't wanna step into a licensing poopmine.

do you think you could PM me a dropbox to the Updated archive .zip/.rar/.7z?? this stuff woudl be awesome to have in career mode also kind of want to Start a YT KSP series >_> and this stuff would be perfect if it would work again

Sorry, especially in that case I can't do it as people will likely start asking where you got a working version from etc.

As soon as I hear back from TT that I can publish this fix or someone who speaks license (preferably a mod so I can blame someone else when it still turns into a poopmine XD) ensures me that I can do that without violating his license I'll make this public for all.

Multiwheels is fantastic! You mentioned before that you were considering adding engine sounds, any news on that? There's some real roleplay value to having usable cars (that aren't eerily silent) for driving around the space centre to ferry kerbals and fuel to reusable craft. Even a really crude implementation would be great.

Multiwheels in the spaceport are not working :( it seems almost every mod on here is left. I hope he comes back soon. I really want those multiwheels

Its a Spaceport problem. It does work if you log in. Irritating, but out of my control, reupload wouldn't fix it.

If you don't have a spaceport login, here's a mirror on Mediafire:

http://www./download/0d55xrsrgfex3xl/TTModularWheels+v0.6.2.3.zip

If any others on the spaceport are playing up in the same way let me know and I'll mirror those as well.

I did get all the PM's incase you're all wondering, thanks for all the interest. I'm still not ready to give up the mods entirely yet, but not quite in a position to do much with them either. Over the holiday I hope I can find a few moments just to repackage those parts that need it, especially the MK3 IVA (as it doesn't work without file fiddling at the moment, but can be made to run).

Did some mod testing for KSP 0.23, only thing not functional out the box is MK3 IVA, so I'll fiddle with that some point.

Either way, main point is everything but MK3 IVA runs. just install old style (put in KSP root directory and press extract here) and they're good to go.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.