Ideas for a logo/flag needed

Malachai

Since flags were announced for the upcoming update, I've been thinking about logos and flags for my private space corporation, Malachai Heavy Industries (not the most creative name, but whatever). Usually, I'd be all over this like stink on a monkey, but my brain has been uncharacteristically blank. I'm no artist, but I'm kind of handy with GIMP and have made interesting designs in the past, mainly from images I've found on the internet. So I need some ideas from you people. Here, I'll provide the story of MHI came to be:

When Horatio Malachai Kerminstein was just a lad, his mother would regale him with stories of how the Kerbal in the Mun was a miserly such-and-such king who hoarded his riches beneath his very flesh. It's worth noting that his mother was a hatter who followed the old ways of manufacture, and was suffering from acute chisso poisoning. Young Malachai, who, even at that age was displaying the signs of full-blown madness, took this story quite literally, and continued to be an obsession as he grew up into fine young crazy man. When his mother died, he lost his only support system, and began living on the streets. Every night he would curse at the Mun, demanding that it share its riches with the rest of Kerbin, siting obscure socio-economic theories that passer-byes were astounded he knew. Alas, the Mun remained stoic and silent as ever.

One day, Malachai was outside of town burying a sandwich, when he was blown back by a great geyser of clear, slightly oily fluid that flowed up from the very ground he tread on. It smelled awful, but in a moment of rare lucidity, he bottled as much as he could, retrieved his sandwich, and returned to his shack in town. Meanwhile, several engineers from the Kerbal Space Program were having a boys' night out. As they stumbled out of the pub, a familiar stench filled their nostrils: fuel. At the time, the KSP was still in its nascency, and fuel was in short supply. Knowing they would be promoted if they found a new source of fuel, they followed their smell-receptors to the source. They found a ramshackle shack, knocked on the door, and a scraggly man answered the door.

Now, Malachai's mother, while mad, still taught her son to be a good host, so he invited the strange men in and offered what little he had. What little he had happened to be a half-eaten sandwich that reeked of liquid propellant. The strange men respectfully declined. After some polite small-talk, Malachai's guests asked why he smelled of rocket fuel. Malachai told them of the strange geyser that he found when he was trying to hid his sandwich from “those accursed mermen.†He then produced a large jar of the fluid, and his guests began to rejoice.

The very next day Malachai was brought to KSP headquarters, where he, much to the surprise of everyone involved, shrewdly negotiated drilling rights. Using the money he earned in government contracts, he searched for more research, and he quickly became the largest rocket fuel tycoon on Kerbin. He was no longer “Malachai, that smelly crazy guy who screams at the Mun,†but “H. Malachai Kerminstein, that eccentric billionaire who happens to scream at the Mun.†With his huge fortune, he began his lifelong quest to wrest the Mun-King's treasure out of his hands, and share it with the people of Kerbin.

At that time, the Kerbal Space Program was in dire straits, financially. Malachai seized this opportunity, and began a hostile takeover of KSP. When the dust had settled, the space program had become another division of Malachai Heavy Industries. He assured the public that nothing would change. And he was good as his word. An unmanned rover was sent to Duna, and the public was captivated. But Malachai refused to let his Mun-King theory go.

When he shared his plan with his top scientists in a two-hour rant, they were skeptical, but used to this sort of thing. They sent out probes to the Mun, and discovered the previously theoretical chemical compound known as kethane lay just beneath the rocky crust. Realizing that kethane could fuel the entire space division, a huge drilling operation was launched. When questioned on the scale of operation, Malachai screamed “Think big! No matter the consequences!†This design philosophy inspired the engineers. As for Malachai, there are many other kings out in space who hoard their riches, a fact that just does not sit well with him.

Since flags were announced for the upcoming update, I've been thinking about logos and flags for my private space corporation, Malachai Heavy Industries (not the most creative name, but whatever). Usually, I'd be all over this like stink on a monkey, but my brain has been uncharacteristically blank. I'm no artist, but I'm kind of handy with GIMP and have made interesting designs in the past, mainly from images I've found on the internet. So I need some ideas from you people. Here, I'll provide the story of MHI came to be:

That's a neat story! When I read it, I'm imagining the colours red and black. I don't know why, but they seem like a good theme for a flag based on that. It might just be my crazy inner artist talking, though :P

Maybe something mining themed, as that seems to be what Malachai's dreams are to do, so I'd imagine he'd create a logo based on that. Possibly a lander, drilling up kethane or something, silhouetted against the backdrop of the Mun and Kerbin in the sky?

Hope this is enough to get your creative juices flowing!

My flag has nothing to do with your story, nor anything to really do with a single nation or organization or faction or whatever.

I decided to go for something that serves the purpose of being a landing flag, and that's IT.

Something that's utilitarian. Something that will never go OUT of style. It's the "Nexus Intelligent Systems, Incorporated Official Marking Flag (Model A4)" and it is beautiful:

lhZT7Iz.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.