Stock Community Space Station (SCSS)

hotmailcompany52, I've managed to get a lot of ships into space and I have two ships that will collide with the Mun's orbit at some point. I'm okay at getting ships into orbit, but I'm no good at getting them to meet up and dock together and stuff like that, so I don't know how to make space stations and stuff like that.

(By the way, I really hope this is the right thread to be posting stuff like this, it's just you guys seemed to know what you were doing)

I dont thats the thing! XD

Anyway...I would recomend looking at Scott Manly's tourtorial about redavousing and docking.

Also, what day is my go?

One thing I've never understood is how to get Space Planes into space. Once I've got them to a certain height in the atmosphere they become oxygen starved so they coast along for a while then begin to fall and only regain control once they've got to a low enough altitude. Is there an oxygen capsule in the Utilities section or something for air breathing engines to work in space?

For the record, I tried Googling this and the answers weren't helpful.

[EDIT] I managed to get a ship into orbit around the Mun! But there's not enough fuel left to land on it :/

Edited by Lunarzius

One thing I've never understood is how to get Space Planes into space. Once I've got them to a certain height in the atmosphere they become oxygen starved so they coast along for a while then begin to fall and only regain control once they've got to a low enough altitude. Is there an oxygen capsule in the Utilities section or something for air breathing engines to work in space?

For the record, I tried Googling this and the answers weren't helpful.

[EDIT] I managed to get a ship into orbit around the Mun! But there's not enough fuel left to land on it :/

Spaceplanes use both Jets and Liquid fuel engines.

On the image posted above I don't see any liquid fuel rockets on the spaceplane unless they aren't visible from the angle.

Am I just mistaken? Because it does seem necessary that liquid fuel rockets are needed.

On the image posted above I don't see any liquid fuel rockets on the spaceplane unless they aren't visible from the angle.

Am I just mistaken? Because it does seem necessary that liquid fuel rockets are needed.

look again. He has the tall liquid fuel + oxidizer tank near the front ofthe plane. I don't see his engines though.

Alrighty. Grabbing the persistent file now.

EDIT: Is the Aircraft Fueler supposed to be right next to the Sun? I have a sneaking suspicion that it isn't...

Wait, what? I have to see this for myself...

EDIT: Its not next to the sun, its ON the sun.

Edited by zekes

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.