More people need to read the rules!

Pugspaceprogram

omg when is .20 coming out???

lol jk, I figured breaking a rule in a post about following rules would be funny... that and I wanted to get a word in before they kill this thread.

Not that it's that bad the game's on steam, but I think everyone's noticed the forums have become more tense and trollish ever since it was put on steam.

Not that it's that bad the game's on steam, but I think everyone's noticed the forums have become more tense and trollish ever since it was put on steam.

unfortunately steam does that to communities :( I think the forum massacre a couple months ago doesn't help the trolling either, lots of content was lost and some people may be a little bitter about that.

I like the idea, but unfortunately reading the rules not stop anybody who don't care or doing this in purpose :(.

Also remember that Ignorantia juris non excusat, so you can read the rules NOW :).

1. General provisions

1.1 Scope of the rules

The rules laid out here apply to all services maintained by Squad that serve the KSP Community. This includes but is not limited to the Forums, the SpacePort, the official IRC channel and the Bug Tracker.

1.2 Additional rules

The services as meant in 1.1 may list additional rules on top of these rules on their website or through another channel.

1.3 Vision behind the rules

The services Squad has opened to the KSP community are intended for people of all backgrounds and of all ages. The rules are meant as a framework in which all users treat eachother with a basic level of respect and keep the services available to all of them.

2. Messages

2.1 Definition of message

A message includes any and all means a user has available to communicate with other members. This includes but is not limited to forum posts and private messages, irc chat messages, avatars, signatures, usernames and general profile information.

2.2 Forbidden content

Messages which contain or link to the following are explicitly forbidden:

1. Piracy or discussion of piracy;
  2. Discussions of a political, ideological or religious nature;
  3. Adult content, such as nudity, sexually suggestive or explicit images, gore and drugs;
  4. Harassment of other users or staff, this includes insulting, threatening, stalking, racism, sexism and impersonation as well as posting private conversations;
  5. Vulgarity and profanity;
  6. Conspiracy theories; and
  7. Links to commercial initiatives.

2.3 Other forbidden messages

1. Messages that lack any substantial content, for example messages that contain only reaction images, simply a '+1' or jargon; and
  2. Messages that derail a topic or 'trolling'.

2.4 Language, spelling and grammar

All messages must be sent in English unless otherwise indicated. The user should make an effort to use proper grammar and spelling, meaning that txt-speak, 1337-speak and other exclusionary jargons are prohibited.

3. User-staff relations

3.1 Definition of staff and member of staff

A member of staff is someone appointed by or on behalf of Squad to handle (part of) one or multiple services as meant in 1.1. The staff comprises of all members of staff.

3.2 Backseat moderation

Backseat moderation (posting messages acting as staff) is not allowed. If you feel a certain message requires staff attention please use the report button or message a member of staff.

3.3 Impersonating members of staff

Impersonating members of staff, for example by registering with a nickname that resembles theirs, is not allowed.

3.4 Open discussion of staff decisions and general disrespect

We do not allow open discussion of staff decisions. If you disagree with a member of staff contact him or her first and hold all discussions in a civil manner. If the answer isn't satisfactory you can contact a senior member of staff.

4. Miscellaneous

4.1 Signature limits

All forum signatures must meet these criteria: no taller than 80 pixels, text and images included, no greater than 750 pixels wide and no larger than 200kb in total size.

4.2 Addon licensing

All addons, plugins and similar works (such as code, textures or models) posted on the services as meant in 1.1 must be accompanied by the source code (if applicable) and a license in both the post and the download file. Any works derived from addons, plugins and similar works must attribute the original work and provide proof of rights to use the original work.

4.3 Evasion of punitive measures

Members who intentionally evade the effects of a punitive measures such as a banishment or post restriction are subject to an immediate ban of any or all of the services Squad provides for the Kerbal Space Program community.

Breaking any of these rules may result in punitive action taken against you, these actions may include forum infractions or banishment from specific services as meant in 1.1, depending on the severity of the offense and your personal history.

Squad and the staff reserve the right to change these rules or add to them at any and all times they deem this necessary and without prior notification. Squad and the staff also reserve the right to act and enforce punitive action in any situation they deem unwanted - even if it does not break any of the rules set in this post.

EDIT_1:

does this thread violate the backseat moderation rule? :sticktongue:

Nah, not really. Pugspaceprogram thread is a bit controversial, but it could be nice for most people to take a look on it :).

Back-seat Moderation is a serious offense (and very annoying) and it will be punished - let moderators do their job and report posts ( "!" icon bellow each post ) when you see something going wrong.

examples of back seat moderation:

"This guy is a TROOOLL - ban him !!!"

"Lock this thread ,please !" (only OP can ask for this)

"Read the rules moron -_-..."

"don't ask us, use THE SEARCH option" (this one is a good idea, BTW)

"People acting like you are not allowed here"

"this topic is in wrong board, it shall be moved to..."

"Oh man, this was suggested to death >_< - read the..." (my favorite one)

And similar posts (or just acting like moderators) with this meaning :sealed:.

Anyway, if anybody start feel Itching for justice or duty, just report the post or PM moderator on-line and describe your problem.

Edited by karolus10

"I hear Captain Morgan is thinking of running for president but the current one has a hidden agenda to blackmail him with nude pictures before squad releases 0.20 (when is that by the way)."

Ooooh... how many rules did that one sentence break lol.

Generally the forums here are VERY well behaved I've found. I did get a warning once for a misconception of what I put (sounded rude but it actually wasn't).

Yeah, the challenge sub forum is a shambles at the moment

Too many people posting challenges without trying it themselves, and/or posting challenges that are ridiculously hard or near impossible to do (or OP posting a challenge and admitting that he/she can't even do it).

Hey, OP! Why are you telling that more people should read the forum rules if you can't even follow them yourself? I don't know if you're trolling or what, but please. PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH.

I hope the overhaul of the forums made last night will fix some of the problems; I enjoy the 'Mission Reports' forum, it finally provides a place to put all my screenshots of missions :)

Mission Reports forum are back. But all the on-going Mission Reports before are lost. Forever :(

Hey, OP! Why are you telling that more people should read the forum rules if you can't even follow them yourself? I don't know if you're trolling or what, but please. PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH.

Mission Reports forum are back. But all the on-going Mission Reports before are lost. Forever :(

You've already called Pug out a few times, we get the idea (I've always thought he was trolling, personally).

Regardless, yes, I do think the challenge forums should be more strictly moderated. Too many dumb challenges go through which leads to just useless flaming.

I do, however, appreciate the new rules that are accessible everywhere. Increases the chances of people actually reading them :P

When you create an account, one of the requirements should be to write a coherent sentence that does not leave out, replace or change any letters in the words.

Nah, I'm kidding but seriously it is quite annoying.

Also the forums are pretty well behaved because trolls aren't good at this game because it is "too hard". (yes I have actually seen a thread complaining about how hard the game is) Trolls have no patience and can't learn how to play the game.