Low-ish Frontier - A KSP Board Game

Holo

I'm working on a kerbal space program board game, the working title of which is low-ish frontier. Here's some of what I've made for it so far:

bV9Bjrt.png

UVoY0uy.png

Those are planet cards, and the left side is the front, and the right side being the back. They give the info about planets, and the idea is that you place bases and landers atop these cards to amass points. I've also probably broken all known rules of card design with it, so tell me if any changes need to be made.

Edited by Holo

Cool, waiting to see some rules and more planets!

Thanks! Moho is about 80% done, and Minmus and the Mun are both around 30%. I've also made a card for the Sun, which I'll upload when I'm back at my computer.

I haven't started on the rules yet, but it will be orientated around increasing your industrial, scientific and military capabilities in space.

iefjhES.png

Card for the Sun.

Moho is still at 80% done, but I've also got the Mun and Minmus 80% done too. Any cards you want me to do next?

Nice use of the Knowledge Base descriptions.

Thanks! I didn't know what to stick on the front, and the knowledge base descriptors seemed perfect.

Edited by Holo

I cannot wait for the Bop card. I simply love the Knowledge Base description. (IT IS CANON!)

Ask and ye shall receive:

jasdwQR.png

Edited by Holo

8vCiFMh.png

What I've done so far of the board. The lines show where your spacecraft can move; red is interplanetary transfers, gold is between moons. Jool is not yet finished.

• 2 months later...
Well this could be interesting. How much like High Frontier are you going to make it, or are you just using it as inspiration?

Personally, I wouldn't expect him to make it quite as detailed as High Frontier. Something along the lines of it but a little bit simplified would actually be a lot of fun. Can't wait to see more, Holo! :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.