I can't believe i did it! - landed on the mun!

RockyTV

If you get a handle on using the manoeuvre tool, getting to the Mun and back is a lot easier. You can minimise fuel use to the point where my last Mun mission, I came back with half a tank left when hitting Kerbin's atmosphere.

I never used quicksave in version 0.16 and below. As soon as I discovered it, I used it a lot.

Admit it. Spending 5 hours getting a massive spacecraft to Jool and then accedently landing wrong is frustrating.

Been there, done that, space exploration is dangerous, and yes, it's frustrating, but the high stakes make t matter more.

I've never used quicksave, and indeed don't have it bound to any keys. It's a personal thing tho.

and indeed don't have it bound to any keys

It's not "bound" to any key--it's there by default (F5 for quicksave, and long F9 press for quickload). As it's there by default, there were good reasons why the devs added it there. For one thing, perhaps, for people to totally not have to abandon their social lives altogether :D

And in my opinion, those who consider quicksaving and quickloading as cheats, should also consider the ability to accelerate time as a cheat. One says he's a "purist"? Ok then, go lock your self in a basement for a few weeks til you get to Jool :D

To the OP, grats on ALL of your landings. Cheats, or not, you're having fun and expanding your horizons towards learning obtaining more goals.

To everyone else who's hating on the OP for using cheats or helpers... STOP! Its not YOUR game he's playing.

IMHO, this game is full of challenges, and I don't see me burning out soon. I probably will, eventually, but not until 2015 at this rate.

People who play this game play it very differently. Some play stock, pen and paper their orbitals encounters, have the scientific calculator on their desk, and take this game thinking it'll help them to get into NASA (Who knows?).

Others play it more relaxed, such as stock but use the in-game assistants like nodes and some plugins that give just information.

Others play it even more relaxed and rely on tools like MechJeb to do their work because they just want to build rockets and rovers. Then there's the elite few who want to build aircraft.

Others play it all out cheats. Infinite fuel, RCS, and all that. Because.. well... CHEATS!

Every single way is a perfectly valid way of playing. I remember when I was beating my younger brothers in a NES game called Base Wars. I found a method particular configuration of my robot pitcher that'd throw strikes every time. My brothers HATED it. He told my dad, and my dad said "If the game allows it, so be it.". That is the EXACT same thing I tell my kids as well. If the game allows it, have fun!

That is the purpose of a game, right? You know... have fun?

My first landing on mun (two days ago, after two days of play) was a little awkward :D i didnt know about f5 and f9 but i still managed to get there, the only thing that went wrong was that my lander exploded in the impact and it only survived the capsule plus the kerbal, now he is there saying "bye bye" to the earth :D

My first landing on the Mun was about a week ago :) I remember I was sitting on the edge of my seat, talking to myself as though I was mission control XD When we finally touched down I yelled a cry of victory and everyone in my house was like "Dafug?" My first lander is still on the moon withits flag. never to return to kerbal :) I designed the lander to look like a research facility cause I knew theres no way I was getting back afterwards XD It was a textbook landing, no cheats, no saves, and it took 13 tries and 2 different types of rockets! XD Since then Ive gotten 4 more landings (only been playing 2 weeks)

congrats on the landing

the more you play, the less 'other' buttons you use.

if it wasnt for saves and mechjeb i wouldnt have learned how to do anything

congrats again..

next mission.. land and return :) and save like there is no tomorrow. would rather redo a maneuver and learn than do all over and not be in that same situation

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.