W.I.P. MIR Docking Module

Frandsen

BasicDockingModuleModel.png

2013-05-28_00010s.jpg

Work in progress of MIR Docking Module.

Im a big fan of BobCat's Soviet pack and as a small tribute to his awesome work, ive started an attemp to make a Docking Module for his MIR.

Status sofar:

First experimental model (No textures) is somewhat functionel ingame.

Second experimental model is getting textured. Not yet converted to go ingame.

• 2 weeks later...

Screens:

2013-06-09_00002.jpg

2013-06-09_00003.jpg

2013-06-09_00004.jpg

Its nothing fancy, a simple model with docking ports attached, and some stock bling :)

This Docking Module is a placeholder/gap filler ive made with some help from a Arma freind, it serves as a simple tool to make a "better than nothing" model, untill a propper one is made :)

*MIR and Buran is ofcourse from BobCat's fantastic pack.

Currently im stuck with the model as it is right now, textureing it have been a problem (the boxes on the side act up wird) so im considering to release it as is ~ as a placeholder untill bilsta1000 is done with his epic version :)

Model - Done

Texture - Done

Port to KSP - in progress

CFG - WIP

Tutorial - Upto porting to KSP

If the new part module things come out whilst im still working on this, hopefully we can have a two ended dockable docking module.

Crit please.

I know there's a little bit of wobble on the Sketchfab, I think it's because I still had the lights in the OBJ file.

Model - Done

Texture - Done

Port to KSP - in progress

CFG - WIP

Tutorial - Upto porting to KSP

If the new part module things come out whilst im still working on this, hopefully we can have a two ended dockable docking module.

Crit please.

I know there's a little bit of wobble on the Sketchfab, I think it's because I still had the lights in the OBJ file.

Looking very awesome bro!

Ive been following the ISS tropic, a two ended dockable docking module is not possible, sadly :/ i reccomend that the module it self is a structure with the ports as attached (like regular) :)

Texture altered, and at the unity bit of the tutorial.

He said literally in the post above that the Texture is a WIP. Are you going to try to do something similar for the Soviet pack?(after you get your computer problems figured out).

Elaborate?

This model is purely because it was simple and because people asked for a tutorial on basic modelling, texturing etc.

Edited by bilsta1000

Umm, its difficult to say...its like they dont have "depth", I suppose the difference in colors was made so that it looks like it has some small dents, correct? Otherwise it could be simple 1-tone light orange anyway...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.