am I a bad person?

Khrissetti

We should only really be worrying about you if your girlfriend offers "bedtime fun" and you'd rather go play Kerbal Space Program instead.

A social convention I will never understand. Why is "bedtime fun" better than anything by default?

Make KSP not Love!! :P

You are not a bad person (a bad socialite perhaps but then so am I). You are just beginning to think like a scientist working on a project.

Remember most new scientific ideas do not come during work hours but during off-hours where the brain are free to wander.

Since I've bought this game I've been slightly obsessive about it too. But unlike most gaming addiction cases there's actually a healthy side effect. I have been browsing the internet waaaay too much here at work looking up all kinds of space science things. So soon I'll be a space expert so I can go work for NASA after they fire me here for not getting any work done! I've always browsed stuff like discovery news and the like during the day to keep my sanity(codemonkey need break). But the amount of "breaks" has now caught up with the amount of coding.

Rocket design and ideas constantly dance in my head during work. It's usually long hard days of manual labor (construction). So letting my mind drift away to new ship ideas or ways to refine existing ones gets me through the day.

We should only really be worrying about you if your girlfriend offers "bedtime fun" and you'd rather go play Kerbal Space Program instead.

Meh - when you get old enough, 'Bedtime Fun' consists of pre-warmed slippers and a nice mug of Ovaltine* :) Gimme KSP any day.

*I kid, I kid

Should we have a warning with the purchase of KSP then? Warning: This game will take over all aspects of your life.

Probably. Either that or "Warning: This game will make you want to learn stuff and even do maths."

The worst in when you are driving and start thinking in terms of maneuver nodes.

Haha...yeah I know what you mean. Also when you start looking around for the , and . keys in real life. Stuck in traffic? Where is that . key?

Also when you start looking at everyday objects and think "that reminds me of _________ in KSP" :sticktongue:

I want a nav ball for the car with prograde/retrograde and target vectors. :cool:

So I'm at a party for a friend of my girlfriend and I find my mind drifting from the endless small talk to wondering how to build my next kerbal space station?

Has anybody else experienced this or am I just a bad person? :D

One of us...one of us...one of us

You're not a bad person. Obviously, you're an engineer.

HAHA thats what I was about to say, I have been like this forever it seems, if its not KSP its something else. I think we are just not so hot for the small talk (well I know I am).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.