Hitchhiker Storage Container...can't put any kerbals in??

Hello,

I have 0.20 and built a new mun base out of the PPD-10 hitchhiker containers and other parts.

When I finally landed the base on the mun, I found out that sadly, I could not put any of my EVA'd kerbals into it.

I kept getting a message saying "Cannot board a full module" even though all of the containers were empty with a crew count of "0".

jGz3HqA.jpg

Is this a bug, or is there some mod that has corrupted my "crewCabin" .cfg file?

I installed the "Mechjeb Command pods" mod and I think it moved my PPD-10 to the pods section and hosed it.

But does anyone have any advice on how to fix this?

I will do a secondary install and grab the original files if worse comes to worse.

Thanks,

Dm

Edited by purpletarget

Looks like a bug. It would appear that it is viewing a count of 0/0 as full, where it should obviously be 0/10. I guess it just compares the two numbers to determine if the pod is full rather than looking at the actual value of the number.

He has crew manifest installed, that plays with that type of module specifically. Also look at the "board" message he has, it doesn't say press F to board as it should.

I think if he goes and deletes the .cfg for the hitch hiker can and reinstalls it from the .zip of the game it may fix it potentially.

Edit: it was most certainly the command pod mod he installed, reverting to the stock can should probably fix it. That mod may not have been properly updated for 0.20*

Edited by HoY

He has crew manifest installed, that plays with that type of module specifically. Also look at the "board" message he has, it doesn't say press F to board as it should.

I think if he goes and deletes the .cfg for the hitch hiker can and reinstalls it from the .zip of the game it may fix it potentially.

Edit: it was most certainly the command pod mod he installed, reverting to the stock can should probably fix it. That mod may not have been properly updated for 0.20*

Awesome, Thank you.

That is what I'll do tomorrow night then.

Having too much fun today with .20. Mechjeb actually works now!!

This is sooo awesome!

=]

Dm

I solved it without having to reinstall. In the hitchhiker part.cfg, there is a line "CrewCapacity = 4" it is correct, but you need to move it higher up in the file. That fixes the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting this bug too, if anyone has any other suggestions?

The part itself has the correct number for the crew amount, but when I put it on my station it tells me I can't board it, and that it has a crew of 0 out of 0.

So... any ideas? I haven't got Crew Manifest installed, and my config file for the part looks fine.

In the "part.cfg" file for the "crewCabin", move the line "CrewCapacity = 4" to the area above "cost = 4000"

That is the simplest way to tell you. Works fine for me at this location.

TB

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.