The previous old releases should be at discounted prices.

katyjsst

In my opinion of course.

Which means if you have not buy the full game at $23, you may buy a previous version say 0.18.4 at like $15, while the demo 0.18.3 can remain free as well as versions before 0.18.

I'm not trying to say that I don't support KSP. I'm just trying to see who has the same idea.

Then Squad would go out of business, assuming KSP is their only game. If previous versions became free, an individual's patience would be rewarded by a free game. I wouldn't mind waiting until .25 came out to get .21 if I didn't already have the game, but Squad knows this. They know people are willing to be patient to save money. Since Squad is a business, no profit equals bankruptcy equals end of KSP's development.

If you can't afford $23, one might wonder how you saw fit to obtain a computer or how you can afford to play games at all. Even board games.

I know what it is like to be down. During that time, I had no computer I assure you. Means elevated electric bill too.

As I have said in other posts, KSP provides EXCELLENT entertainment *value*.

It would also mean that the player base would be scattered across multiple versions of the game. This would make support, mods, competitions and discussions much harder. This is a flat out terrible idea.

^ I think what Luis said is a very important consideration here. Not only that, we would have to keep an archive of bugs in all old versions for the Support forums. People might also demand that Squad retroactively fixes bugs in old versions (such as the radial attachment bug in 0.19 for example, which was fixed in 0.20). I think it would just turn into a mess :)

The whole point of the pricing is that you buy an unfinished game to provide funding to SQUAD to continue their development of the game, they aren't selling you a finished product, nor is there much point in them doing so, capital to continue development is the most important thing.

It's not like the game is ludicrously expensive or anything, it's actually pretty cheap. I haven't played many games as much as KSP, despite many of those games being double KSP's price.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.