Asteroids 2.4 Now Open Source

frizzank

Question:

If the 200m asteroid is a 'potato asteroid' shouldn't it hold charge as well =P

its a potato in shape not constancy....

But a 100m potato in space that generates a charge is interesting....

I think the spaceport servers are not so great...I haven't been able to log on there in over a week (password reset not working)

I know a couple devs last night had to get squad support involved to get stuff posted...idk though

EDIT: does anyone happen to know if the 'obliterator' mod still works, or can be made to work in 0.20+

editEDIT: anyone know if MuMechLib breaks KSP or just damned robotics...that's plugin for obliterator...

Edited by KhaosCorp
on a quest

I added Kethane to the the 20m asteroid. I docked a vessel with drills and tried mining, but it wasnt doing anything, then I realized its just mining to itself...so if you have docking ports on your asteroid (and added Kethane to your .cfg file), you dont need any kethane drills or tanks.

I have yet to try clamping a ship down with KAS and trying to mine it while undocked.

Also, for all of you that just stuck a 2.5m tank on with a Sr. docking port, your fuel will not flow correctly (even when using fuel lines it didnt work quite right). I just experimented with this for about an hour, and discovered that you must have proper radial mounts for fuel to flow correctly. If you want a 2.5m radial mount to stick your Sr. docking port on, you can use the one that comes from the spherical tank addon or from the BACE kit addon (from 18.4).

Mods like this, and the subsequent things that people do with them, really make this game great. I can only hope the devs occasionally rifle through the addon subforum and see stuff like the giant asteroid with this disorganized mass of engines on the aft booming into orbit and think "we've done good."

This is only about 1/2 the facility I have planed, but wanted to share what I got done so far...

SJVbXHa.png

EpAOOQ7.png

f2W1cUl.png

the 2nd half is gonna consist of fuelfarm for ship servicing, kethane storage and refining, and probly another small asteroid...

Now we need a plugin to randomly scatter asteroids at Dres altitude.

Whoa whoa WHOA! Slow down man! Give me some time to save up for the 24 core system before you start suggesting things like that!!!

/pretty please? :D

Really nice addon. But I guess i did something wrong. My rockets always explodes when they touch the asteroid:

novaimagem43.pngnovaimagem44.png

novaimagem45.pngnovaimagem46.png

Octagon-1(with new unreleased wings) attempts to land.

After that, the entire rocket explodes, speed= 0.1 m/s

What I did wrong ?

Really nice addon. But I guess i did something wrong. My rockets always explodes when they touch the asteroid:

Octagon-1(with new unreleased wings) attempts to land.

After that, the entire rocket explodes, speed= 0.1 m/s

What I did wrong ?

You taunted the angry dynamite monkey.

-or the Kraken, one of the two. :D

Kinda hard to asses the issue not knowing the durability of that vehicle...I have yet to try and land something on here, just docked with ports.

Keep in mind these asteroids are gonna act like a ship in space, not a planet or moon.

Kinda hard to asses the issue not knowing the durability of that vehicle...I have yet to try and land something on here, just docked with ports.

Keep in mind these asteroids are gonna act like a ship in space, not a planet or moon.

So as the Asteroid, AKA "vessel", gets more massive it takes less motion to destroy what ever touches it. So using docking ports is almost a must.

So I got a little frustrated trying to build a base on a potato, so I made a rounder asteroid with a flatten crater for an easier time building bases and adding rockets.

This one is a little larger with flat spots on the top and bottom right were the center of mass is.

Also added kethane and a smallish asteroid belt to the save game that I included in the new download.

And I am also waiting for someone to take the newest asteroid and cover it with structural plates to make their very own Death Star!

>Download Asteroids<

ByGyxIe.jpg

vLsEIXX.jpg

cFvbZfO.jpg

OOOOOOO love the new 50m asteroid, perfect for me!

gotta thank you again for these man, I have been having so much fun with these roids!

really wish I could make vab building gone...things would get silly

Edited by KhaosCorp

So I got a little frustrated trying to build a base on a potato, so I made a rounder asteroid with a flatten crater for an easier time building bases and adding rockets.

This one is a little larger with flat spots on the top and bottom right were the center of mass is.

Also added kethane and a smallish asteroid belt to the save game that I included in the new download.

And I am also waiting for someone to take the newest asteroid and cover it with structural plates to make their very own Death Star!

>Download Asteroids<

{pictures}

Frizzank,

I can understand the sentiments, but in nature asteroids are seldom nicely shaped. Personally i like the irregular shapes the most. (To my opinion the patato is still too regular). Besides, it enhances the challenge of achieving a base.

Frizzank,

I can understand the sentiments, but in nature asteroids are seldom nicely shaped. Personally i like the irregular shapes the most. (To my opinion the patato is still too regular). Besides, it enhances the challenge of achieving a base.

The round one is just for fun, it's not meant to be realistic. But just for you the next one I make will be made out of rice crispy treats, with chocolate sprinkles for texture.

Asteroids come in many shapes and sizes, including some nicely shaped ones. They would be rare, of course, but if someone's going to go through the trouble of building a base on one, it makes sense that they'd look at many and pick one of the nicer ones.