the lucid dreaming thread

redwolfy

Last night I dreamt that my PC watercooling was leaking from the CPU waterblock onto my video card. Problem is, my video card is vertical off to the side and not horizontal directly under my cpu!

Boom, lucid dream.

Having non-conductive coolant wasn't enough to fool me into thinking that it was normal it hadn't shut off/failed yet.

This is the first time I've had this dream. I've woken up in my dream room lucid plenty of times, but never had it triggered by my computer before. All the tubing was the correct shape and color and everything, just the motherboard rotated differently.

I had another one of those " I know I'm dreaming but I'll go with the flow" dreams. This is what happened in a nutshell:

I blew up half of my school with a blutonium nuke. (It emits blue light when exploding so I assume it's blutonium.)

So yeah, I never knew my dreams were that... interesting..

I say "better to blow up stuff rather than not to." Besides, before I went to sleep I was browsing the Orion project mod thread, so I guess that's where the nuke thing came from, not sure about the school part though...

Edited by [ Jeremy ]

June's callender

Hey all, and I thought that I would just type out what is on my June calender right now. I would wait until the end of the month, but I'm going on vacation then, so I'll just do it now, good enough right?

6/1/13: N/A

6/2/13: N/A

6/3/13: Started. Wrote about day

6/4/13: Nothing

6/5/13: MEMORABLE Length: ~3 seconds Type: Lucid Woke up during REM at 2:00 then fell asleep, in the dream I was playing basketball, did nose RC, then woke up

6/6/13: Length: ~5 min Type: Non-lucid Was eating breakfast, realized it was a snow day, Mom got mad at Aaron, then I went sledding with no coat on, touched snow, then woke up.

6/7/13: Lion king-ish, crink in neck Length: ~1 hour Type: Non-Lucid Was in a game, firey moon. Full story on computer. Had apple juice before bed

6/8/13: Nothing. Had apple juice before bed

6/9/13: Nothing

6/10/13: Nothing. Had apple juice before bed

6/11/13: Length: 1 hr Type: Lucid Long story, w/ false awakenings, kenedy space center, school, & having fun w/ lucidness.

6/12/13: Nothing

6/13/13: Nothing. Had apple juice before bed

6/14/13: Nothing

6/15/13: Nothing

6/16/13: Nothing

6/17/13: 2 dreams: 1. House exploding 2. Real world game

6/18/13: Length: 1 day Type: Non-lucid Long story... breach in clouds, DGIV, B-day candle death, awesome house, sky curtain

6/19/13: Length: 1 hour Type: ? Inception Had caffeine & apple juice

6/20/13: Nothing. Had caffeine

6/21/13: Nothing

6/22/13: Nothing

6/23/13: Nothing

Aaand finally, today: Nothing

*Wrote this at the bottom of calender after I read about reality checks* DISCLAIMER: Reality checks DO NOT wake you up.

Dream journal entries:

6/5/13: My 3 second (FIRST!) lucid dream - Dream Journals - Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

6/6/13: Sledding without a coat - Dream Journals - Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

6/7/13: Playing Spore - Dream Journals - Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

6/11/13: My first quality Lucid dream! - Dream Journals - Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

6/17/13: My house exploding - Dream Journals - Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

6/17/13: Real world video game. - Dream Journals - Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

6/18/13: Candles (A novel) - Dream Journals - Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

6/19/13: I don't even know anymore... - Dream Journals - Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

So hopefully y'all got some insight into my dreaming habits. Or maybe got a little information on apple juice and if it helps dream recall, or same with caffeine, I dunno.

If y'all would like to go ahead and post your own calenders feel free to do so. I just felt like showing y'all mine.

And one last thing, feel free to move this thread about, because there was really no place I could found where it fit in.

Sweet dreams y'all.

I think I just had one last night by accident. I was walking in a very peaceful anime-like world, and i saw this nerdy-looking anime girl kneeling on the ground and crying. Me being nerdy myself, I walked over and asked her what was wrong. She said her parents were really abusive and I asked her if she needed a hug. She immediately got up and hugged me, and that's when I became aware that it was a dream. She said that she'd never been hugged and I was the first person to ever ask her the question. She started to cry even harder and she held me tighter. She said that I was the first person in her life to ever be compassionate and loving towards her. We just hugged for about 20 minutes, and then she let go and said "I love you". I said I love you too back to her, and she hugged me again very tightly for about 10 minutes. She let go again and I woke up.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had lucid dreams now 2 times , i waited for a half or 1 minute after noticing that i was dreaming (I couldn't remember the time) and i started to walk... And I woke up . Someone can help me to dream lucidly for more time?

I had lucid dreams as much as I had sleep paralysis, and I had lucid dreams often. Lucid dreams can be amazing, but sleep paralysis, is the scariest thing that has ever happened to me.

I am one of those people who sees shades moving around when they have sleep paralysis. Not being able to move, speak, or even change the direction in which I am looking in some cases, can make it really scary, especially since I am conscious enough to think.

For me, the fear of sleep paralysis keeps me away from trying to get lucid dreams, but someday soon, I might try again.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.