New Cosmonaut Checking In

keep_pabst_blue

Hey guys,

Just wanted to check in. I have been in KSP since last Friday and am loving it. Reminds me of my early days having discovered Minecraft before it became what it became. I am hopelessly addicted to this game and have only played it 3 or 4 times O_o

Anyway - I have been working on just really basic stuff so far - establishing equatorial orbits on Kerbin - messing around with different modules. Last night I reached the Mun almost entirely with RCS thrusters. I still have 65% fuel in the RCS fuel tank. I'm surprised how well those actually work for this purpose - even though I know that is not their intended use. I fully expect to be able to get back to Kerbin with the RCS thrusters now.

I got my self into a fairly circular, equatorial orbit. Also deployed solar panels for first time. Here are a couple screens from it!

9d6bkUyd

uD6Vau3V

Two noob questions - how do you change your signature & is there a way to resize linked images?

Thanks guys!

Welcome to the forums! :) Nice to see you're enjoying the game so much.

RCS thrusters are indeed powerful when paired with small craft. I've sometimes contemplated using all-RCS landers on low-gravity worlds, but I haven't gotten up the effort to actually try anything like that out much.

Since you're fairly new to the game, I'd highly recommend checking out the Drawing Board (link in my sig) if you ever get stuck anywhere (literally or figuratively). Questions are also welcome in the How To thread, where there are a large number of experienced players who have solved the same problems you'll likely encounter.

Happy landings!