What if Dyson Spheres?

Rage097

Other stars? Then maybe as a cool feature/Easter egg if they introduce interplanetary travel. You wouldn't be able to see it so you would only notice it if it messes up a encounter with another stars.

That's the fun part. You're exploring deep space when suddenly..."Encounter"...Then your just like "What, but there's nothing...how?" The you begin to get closer and you're just like..."Mother of God...It's glorious..."

such is space travel.

You're exploring deep space when suddenly..."Encounter"...Then your just like "What, but there's nothing...how?" The you begin to get closer and you're just like..."Mother of God...It's glorious..."

If your instruments are working, you'd see it glowing pretty fiercely in the infrared long before then. Remember, at equilibrium, it's putting out energy equivalent to a star.

As I recall, the star was going crazy. :P Could be wrong though. "You soured the milk!"

Yeah, I remember there was a problem with the star. But you'd think some life would have remained. I can't remember what they said the inner surface size was, but it was almost hard to grasp how large it was.

Would be an amazing sight to see though.

Yeah, I remember there was a problem with the star. But you'd think some life would have remained. I can't remember what they said the inner surface size was, but it was almost hard to grasp how large it was.

Would be an amazing sight to see though.

Here is something to think about. Imagine your living room fire goes from nice and warm to EXTRA FLAMETHROWER HOT to freezing cold... randomly.

Would you want to live there? :wink:

Depends on what you consider a sphere. The Oort cloud (which I'm going to go ahead and assume will have a KSP analogue here) could have mining stations and solar collectors on it, in essence making it useful as, but not quite a Dyson sphere. It would be cool to properly build one though. Depends how far technology will go in the game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.