The Jetsons Got Nothing (Lots of pictures!)

Heh. Today was my first full day experimenting with .20. I must've been off my rocker, though, because my first creation didn't exactly make it to space.

i9pDbR5.jpg

Yep, I ended up making a little tug to buzz about between the runway and the launchpad for when I need to make crew transfers on the cheap. (...Cough, external seats, cough.) And it worked! Amusingly well, apart from turning into a pickup truck halfway through construction.

Still! With the right mix of class...

5OKQKhZ.jpg

...And a little inspiration from the Duke boys.

NxTBBXk.jpg

It was a beauty. Then Bob flipped it.

EcobheA.jpg

Unsatisfied with this outcome, a friend of mine gave me an indirect suggestion upon seeing the first photo above:

You're not actually going to launch that into space, are you?

Well...

GgJvbQ6.jpg

RrjjIPB.jpg

2uvuNtP.jpg

He then dared me to get it into orbit. I failed... -because I got it into Munar orbit.

YPYcnW0.jpg

This seriously happened.

...But what kind of intrepid, self-respecting space explorer would stop with something so meager? No, to truly put the space taxi to use, I had to run my route. The result?

1tdTfMC.jpg

Science.

Space Truckin'.

Now make an RV with nuclear engines and tanks all enclosed.

Brave words. With a new challenge in mind, I went to work.

GqZvHeo.jpg

2tfmEZ3.jpg

fskK5Hb.jpg

With most of the rough internals done, it was time to start decorating.

IpGSJrU.jpg

PNzTJym.jpg

Some more alcohol later...

ZxwREQt.jpg

Voila. Business in the front, party in the rear. I'd have called it 'The Thrillmaster' if that name was still original.

yn3Oyv6.jpg

It's a mostly faithful recreation of an old Chieftain, only with way better build quality. For example - mine actually drives! Take that, gas shortage!

ZRWARJm.jpg

...Just, uh. Don't try to drag race it.

x4gNkQ9.jpg

IlHkCi3.jpg

...So, yeah, I went for aesthetics over structural integrity. With over 330 parts, it's a little pretty much totally spastic at times all the time.

But, hey! A nuclear RV. Here's the craft file in case anyone wants to mess around.

http://www./?gacnt0act8tn1og

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.